One of four Adventures in the Adventures on Pepi’s Island social skills curriculum, Point-of-View Park teaches elementary-age children how to “put themselves into someone else’s shoes,” encouraging tolerance, empathy, and understanding of others.
The child plays this game with a parent, teacher, or counselor, hosted on a virtual island by Pepi, a talkative, savvy parrot. Ranger Rob is a wise park ranger who takes visitors up the trail to Mount Point-of-View on Pepi’s Island where Players practice understanding other people’s points of view in everyday social interactions.
Players visit eight chapter settings in the park. After Ranger Rob teaches concepts, the app presents real life social situations for Players to solve through multiple choice or by typing short answers. Players earn points and collect arrowhead “treasure” in their Treasure Chest and can see their progress with a colorful turtle piece on their Game Board.
The discussion of different viewpoints in various social situations is an excellent addition to lessons in character education and values clarification.
• A colorful turtle piece keeps track of the Player’s progress on a Game Board.
• Up to four players can use the app with individualized scoring.
• Tablet sound should be turned on to benefit from multi-media content.
• All curriculum functions contained in app; wifi connection needed to access
• Players awarded a Life Ranger Badge at the end of this adventure!
Responsibility, character, respect, tolerance, values, point-of-view, perspective taking