One of four Adventures in the Adventures on Pepi’s Island social skills curriculum, Stop and Think Farm teaches children to solve their everyday social problems by using a Five-Step Model. It encourages kids to “stop and think” before they act rather than impulsively reacting and getting angry.
The child plays this game with a parent, teacher, or counselor, hosted on a virtual island by Pepi, a talkative, savvy parrot. At the farm, Detective Dog, a clever hound dog, teaches players how to problem solve, with the mantra, “Paws (pause) for Success!” Players practice their social skills in four chapters, selecting from 44 everyday problems. After learning the Five Step Model, Players use the fifth chapter to solve personal problems with schoolmates, friends or family members.
• This app is great for impulsive kids, those with limited self-control, or with Attention
Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
• The app promotes better parent-child and peer relationships.
• Up to four players can use the app with individualized scoring.
• A colorful turtle piece keeps track of Player progress on a Game Board.
• Players earn points and collect dog bone “treasure” in their treasure chest.
• Tablet sound should be turned on to benefit from multi-media content.
• All curriculum functions contained in app; wifi connection needed to access
• Players awarded a Problem Buster Badge At the end of the adventure!
Social problem solving, self-control, flexible thinking, cooperation, AD/HD, behavior problems