The Pepi Assessment of Social Skills (PASS) is for parents and mentors who are concerned about their child’s social-emotional development and want to help him or her be more successful in our socially complex world.
Developed by a PhD child psychologist, the PASS 2.0 is a second-generation parent rating scale comprised of 75 skills. The PASS 2.0 is keyed to the Adventures on Pepi’s Island social skills curriculum for elementary-age children.
After completion of the PASS, the app displays a bar graph of the child’s strengths and weaknesses in four Social Domains:
1) Emotions in Self and Others
2) Social Behavior and Communication
3) Empathy and Point-of-View
4) Social Problem Solving
The app also provides a summary of the child’s skill level in each area and makes recommendations about which apps in the tablet-based curriculum suite would help develop his or her social competency and emotional intelligence (EQ).
• This assessment tool is helpful to use with socially challenged kids (ages 6-12).
• Great for kids who are anxious, shy, have trouble making friends or dealing with
• Children with Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) and those at the
higher end of the Autistic Spectrum (Asperger’s Disorder) will also benefit from the
PASS assessment and curriculum.
• Up to eight children can be assessed, with individualized results.
• All assessment functions contained in app; wifi connection needed to access
• Data is only stored on the user’s tablet and is not shared for any purpose.
Rate, social-skills, emotional-intelligence, EQ, communication, behavior, empathy, problem-solving