Featuring activities, videos, tools, and more, Let’s Get Ready helps parents and caregivers with children ages 2-5 be prepared in case of an emergency.
Preparing for emergencies is an important way to keep families safe. It’s also something the whole family can do together in simple ways! Produced by Sesame Street in collaboration with PSEG, this engaging, interactive tool helps parents and children (ages 2-5) get ready for the unexpected together. Kid-friendly songs and games introduce children to key emergency preparedness ideas, and tips and customizable checklists simplify emergency preparation for adults. Plus, the parent section contains more detailed tips and suggestions to help prepare for the unexpected.
With this invaluable resource, children will learn basic information that will help them stay safe…and make them proud to be prepared!
• personalize and sing a song along with Rosita to help them say their first and last names and the full names of people in their family
• meet neighborhood helpers and match them to the places in which they work
• customize a “Where I Live” screen with their very own home to help them memorize their address
• tips and suggestions for preparing for an emergency as a family
• simple tools to help you create and personalize a family emergency plan and an emergency kit
• customizable templates to keep important information at your fingertips
• built-in safety reminders
• links to additional resources
Let’s Get Ready was developed by Sesame Workshop in partnership with PSEG. The bilingual (English and Spanish), research-based, multimedia initiative provides a variety of resources to help families prepare for emergencies together.
For more information and resources, visit www.sesamestreet.org/ready or www.pseg.com/sesamestreet