Our proprietary algorithm analyzes 12+ million articles a day to deliver the top trending stories from the sources you trust: NBC News, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, Bleacher Report, Quartz, The Verge, Vox.com, Reuters, AP, Perez Hilton and more.
Discover what’s trending around the world -- right now.
Lightning fast, zero loading time -- read offline.
Optimized for readability -- no fluff.
“Very minimalistic and simple to use.” - Paste
“With an interface that lets you browse headlines quickly, customize your channels and read the news offline, SmartNews is an excellent free alternative to other popular news apps.” - CNET
“Flick through the headlines, click on an article, and the text renders beautifully. Without Internet!” - FastCompany
SmartNews may use your current location to provide accurate weather forecasting, articles specific to your area, and enhance your social media options.
* Find your representatives, see how they vote
* See what bills are coming up for a vote next
* Search for bills and votes you should know about
* Stay on top of floor activity, committee hearings
* Be notified of just about everything
Answers to common questions:
* Members of Congress don't have public email addresses.
* The app DOES NOT do anything on boot, unless you enable notifications - in which case, it quickly schedules notification checks, and then stops.
* The app is allowed to make phone calls ONLY when you tap the "Call" button for a member of Congress.
* The app uses your location ONLY to find your local representative. Your location data is encrypted during transmission to our servers, and your latitude and longitude are not stored on the app or on our servers.
* The app requests to write to external storage only to cache map tiles.
* We collect anonymous app usage statistics by default. To opt out: from the main screen, tap the menu on the top right, tap Settings, then uncheck "Allow Analytics".
Finally, this app is proudly open source:
Resolve political arguments at the dinner table, check the facts in campaign ads and test your knowledge of the Truth-O-Meter with PolitiFact's new Settle It! app.
Do you ever find yourself at the dinner table beside someone who seems to have the facts wrong? Do you wonder about the truth of campaign ads you see on on TV?
Try Settle It! - PolitiFact's Argument Ender, a free app that lets you to look up Truth-O-Meter fact-checks from PolitiFact.com, the Pulitzer Prize-winning website.
- Find fact-checks by searching name, keywords and subject
- Browse Truth-O-Meter ratings by person and subject
- Share your findings by email, Facebook and Twitter
- Take the PolitiFact Challenge and test your knowledge of the Truth-O-Meter
PolitiFact is a venture of the Tampa Bay Times and its partner news organizations. For more information on PolitiFact, go to: www.politifact.com
Please send feedback and suggestions to Politifact Mobile Support at http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/blog/2011/jun/30/help-us-improve-polit-
Get campaign updates about Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio.
View photos from their political journey.
Join in the conversation about the 2016 Presidential Race on twitter.
NIE teachers can access all the sections, articles, photos and advertisements in the Tampa Bay Times exactly as they appear in print on their android device. In addition, NIE teachers can access lesson plans and curricula by going to tampabay.com/nie.