50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
Psychology is the science of behavior and mental processes. Its immediate goal is to understand individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases.
While psychological knowledge is often applied to the assessment and treatment of mental health problems, it is also applied to understanding and solving problems in many different spheres of human activity. Although the majority of psychologists are involved in some kind of therapeutic role (clinical, counseling, and school positions), many do scientific research on a wide range of topics related to mental processes and behavior (typically in university psychology departments) or teach such knowledge in academic settings; and some are employed in industrial and organizational settings, and in other areas such as human development and aging, sports, health, the media, law, and forensics.
Glossary of Psychology is an application containing over 2500 psychology-related terms and technical jargon. This App is an excellent App for psychologist as well as students who are in the field of psychology and those want to learn more about the human mind.
The application is optimized for all Android devices running on OS 1.5 or above.
This application has the following features:
☆ User friendly interface to preview all terms in one view
☆ Ability to bookmark selected term for easier reference
☆ Cross-referencing links to other term
☆ A psychology terms search engine
☆ Offline browsing
This application is brought to you by Colakey LLC.
It is the extended version of Free Psychology (Transpersonal Psychology) and also without advertising.
With each school have definition, history, theory, criticism, etc..
Contains a dictionary with information about the most important psychologists.
It is also directed towards understanding and solving problems in many different spheres of human activity.Browse through hundreds of interesting psychology and mental health terms on topics from addiction and depression, to statistics about learning disabilities and other psychological disorders.One way to learn about yourself is to take a battery of psychological tests with boring and ambiguous questions. But there’s another way that’s quicker, more accurate and more engaging with psychological terms dictionary
Quick dynamic search of words while you type.It Works offline, no need for an active internet connection!
Results will surprise you! ;)
-- How to use:
Choose the most pleasant color from proposed.
Just repeat the process until there are no colors left.
DO NOT care about actual color usage like "red car" or "white dress", just peek the most pleasant color.
You'll have to choose colors two times with a 1 minute pause between the attempts for a better results.
-- Detailed info:
This test is partially based on research by Dr. Max Luscher during the early 1900's. He has devoted his life to the study of how color affects behavior and has been hired by some of the world's largest companies as a consultant.
The test itself is based upon fundamentals in color psychology. With years of research by color psychologists the characteristics of certain colors has been identified to cause an emotional response in people. This was done by studying the response from hundreds of thousands of test subjects around the world in order to isolate how certain colors make us feel. By doing the reverse, using the colors people prefer to determine how people feel, we can get some interesting indicators about a person's current emotional state.
It is important to understand that the results from tests like this can be both short-term and long-term in their meaning. For example, if you are feeling depressed about something when you take the test you may see this reflected in your results. You may also notice deeper conflicts showing themselves consistantly if you take the test time and time again. This test can be taken quite often and still yield results that are accurate. The results will not be the same each time you take the test, for the most part, unless you are taking them without some time interval between them.
The test is widely used in Europe and overseas. There are very few experts of Luscher's work in the United States, so for some of our American visitors the notions behind this test may seem rather strange...But give the test a try and you will be surprised!
Personality test with 74 questions based on the famous study of Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers, has been used worldwide.
Help you identify exactly your Personality Type or Psychological Type.
Help you see a full view of your personality type:
- detail descriptions
- suggested careers
- personal growth
Functions : unlimited test, review last results.
Psychology is an academic and applied discipline that involves the scientific study of mental functions and behaviours. Psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases, and by many accounts it ultimately aims to benefit society.
1. Equipped with quick dynamic search function – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
2. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark the Psychology Terms to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
3. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
4. Add New Terms – you will be able to add in and store any of the new terms in this Dictionary.
5. > 10,000 Terms – Included all the popular and common Psychology terms in the dictionary.
6. FREE – It is completely free. Download at no cost. FOC.
7. Offline – It wok offline, no active internet connection is required.
8. Small Size <1MB – The dictionary will only take a small portion of your Android space.
In addition, all the terms are listed alphabetically with faster search facility, easy to navigate through entire app.
This app will work as a great pocket resource for Psychology terms and definitions.
Please rate this application 5 stars if you find this app benefited you.
Keywords: Psychoanalysis, Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Humanistic Psychology, Psychobiology
It contains more then 500 quiz questions and detail questions and explanatory answers to prepare you for the competitive AP Psychology exam. To expand and reinforce your knowledge, to help improve your score on this important college preparatory test.
All the best keep quizing and answering questions. Practice Quiz Questions to score good in exams.
Our App covers its complete Syllabus,
We encourage you to try our application out risk free and let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any issues.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS - Psychology- the scientific study of the behavior of living things.
This app covers all material on the AP Psychology exam, includes :-
States of Consciousness
Motivation and Emotion
Evolution and Genes
About Ap Exam Preparation, Terms And Definitions, Books, Tips to how to prepare for your AP US psychology Exam.
On the basis of your viewes and reviews we will keep on upgrading this app for your help.
Psychology is an academic and applied discipline that involves the scientific study of mental functions and behaviors. Psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases, and by many accounts it ultimately aims to benefit society.
Features of Psychology Dictionary
It has more than 10000 words.
It works offline.
User can keep track of previous searched words.
Revise and practice every study, theory and key term in the specification.
• 'Flash cards' to summarise all the essential knowledge
• Drill deeper for more detailed study and revision notes as well as exam advice
• Quizzes and challenges test and reinforce knowledge and understanding
• Practice exam questions with grade boosting tips
• Key Terms clearly defined in context and within a detailed Glossary
The available apps are,
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Memory (FREE)
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Attachment
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Research methods
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Stress
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Social Influence
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Abnormality
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Unit 1
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – Unit 2
AS Level app:
AQA ‘A’ AS Psychology – AS Level
More from developer
• A unique approach: frequently occurring terms from 6 major psychology topics are included. The terms are presented using concept maps, audio definitions and review quizzes (more topics coming soon!)
• Concept Maps allow you to quickly see how the terms are related to each other. Just tap a term and hear a definition
• Audio Definitions: professor Michael Britt provides you with brief, clear, to-the-point audio definitions
• Major topics covered in this version: Biological psychology, Personality, Therapy, Research Methods, Learning and Psychological Disorders
• Coming soon: more topics, terms, images, mnemonics and animations!
• The first Psychology Test Prep app from the web’s most popular academic psychology podcast: The Psych Files. (the app is not affiliated with the College Board)
The Psychology Student Survival Guide contains this information.
This Guide helps you quickly locate information you need to get you through your studies in this amazing field.
Created by two experts in the field:
David Webb, Bsc (hons), MSc - creator of the All-About-Psychology website
Michael A. Britt, Ph.D. - host of The Psych Files podcast
“Awesome! Fantastic guide-most helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together, it is most appreciated!” (Lori, United States).
“I am currently studying the Psychology of Criminal Behavior. The Psychology Student Survival Guide is an excellent resource to have. This will help me a lot with my study, assignments, reports, essays etc. Thank you so much for creating this resource. It is a joy to read. Looking forward to the new additional sections to the guide in the future.” (Liza, Ireland).
“I really found all of the information very helpful and I feel that I should have read this guide before even starting my course, but anyway it is still my first year and I’m very thankful to come across it, even now.” (Maia, United Kingdom).
There is no other app like this one. Developed by a Ph.D. psychologist, psychology teacher and host of extremely popular The Psych Files podcast, this app will help you memorize the parts of the brain, the neurons, brain scans, and neurotransmitters in minutes - not hours.
• 35 mnemonics (including parts of the neuron, 4 neurotransmitters and 5 types of brain scans)
• An audio option for on-the-go listening!
• An index to quickly find what you’re looking for
Over a hundred thousand students of psychology, nursing, biology and other majors have use these mnemonics to quickly memorize the parts - and function - of the brain, neurons, and neurotransmitters.
Created by a college psychology professor and host of The Psych Files podcast.
Brain Mnemonics contains 35 images - some bizarre, some humorous - to help you do this memorization.
The well-established mnemonic device called the “keyword technique” is used to create these images.
Covered in Brain Mnemonics:
Lobes of the Brain:
* Acronym to help you remember the four lobes
* Occipital Lobe
* Parietal Lobe
* Frontal Lobe
* Broca’s Area
* Wernicke’s Area
* Reticular Formation
* Myelin Sheath
* Nodes of Ranvier
* Synaptic Vesicles
* Glial cells
* Resting and Action Potential
Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous System
• Where the "out of the way" restaurants and bars are and what's the best meal/drink to get there.
• The best places to shop: did you know there's an unassuming store in town where you can buy a "Mr. Bill", chattering teeth, and other great toys you remember from your childhood? This app will tell you exactly where to find it (using GPS).
• Where to take the kids. Did you know there's a great pottery shop tucked away not far from the center of town? Not many people do, but you'll know that this is the place to bring the kids while you shop.
• Where to relax: there's more to Rhinebeck than great dining. There's the incredible Hudson Valley and Michael will tell you where to go to get the best views and where to go at the end of the day to get a relaxing massage afterward.
Get the most from your trip to Rhinebeck. Get the Rhinebeck Insider app!