This walking tour of Redmond's historic downtown core (near Redmond Town Center) takes you back to those years by visiting 38 sites or existing buildings, some more than 100 years old. Most of the tour can be done covering just a few blocks, especially along Leary Way, while a slightly longer tour goes just beyond the core.
Follow walking directions and see everything on an offline map with no internet connection required for this tour by foot..
Learn about the rise of the Italian Mafia known as La Cosa Nostra including:
- Early black hand gangs and their violent tactics
- The curb exchange where liquor was sold during prohibition
- Giuseppe Morello, the first American mafia don
- Joe "the Boss" Masseria, the most powerful prohibition-era gangster
- Lucky Luciano and the creation of the five families and the commission
- John Gotti, the dapper don, and his social club
- Crazy Joey Gallo and the restaurant where he was gunned down
Also see locations from Mafia movies including The Godfather and Donnie Brasco.
Add comments and share photos to Facebook or Twitter.
Even if you're not in New York, take an armchair sightseeing tour using this as a virtual travel guide.
Frequently, maps are more likely to confuse you and you end up going the wrong way. With the WalkWay Navi app all you need is to follow the arrow and feel the vibration on your smart phone. It's a personal GPS navigator for walking without having to worry about reading maps and getting your bearings.
- WalkWay Navi is a very easy to use GPS navigation app designed for pedestrians who are walking to their destination.
- Simplified to the point that even people who have difficulties reading maps can use the app. All you need to do is to follow the arrow.
- No need to constantly look at the phone because it will vibrate to indicate that you need to turn or change direction.
OUTSTANDING DESIGN FEATURES
- Very fast loading and searches.
- Search terms can be an address, name, or generic terms for nearby places like ATM, Bank, Bar, Club, Food, Pharmacy, Restaurant, Subway, etc.
- Estimated distance and time to walk to destination
- Walking route which may be on roads not accessible to cars
- Arrow can show the general direction of the destination or the direction to walk to the destination
- Phone vibrates when direction changes, thus no need to constantly look at the phone
- Search Radius bar dynamically auto-resizes map to show search results within range.
WHY WALKWAY NAVI IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GPS APPS
- It is a small app so it loads very fast and uses little memory.
- Signals to satellites optimized for walking, less battery usage.
- Direction arrow means no need to be confused by maps.
- Vibration for turns means can keep eyes on road, not on phone.
- Sliding radius bar allows for dynamic limits to search distance.
HOW TO USE
- Accuracy of the app depends on your environment, e.g., if you are in a building or underground the GPS location information is not accurate.
- If you are near metallic objects or electronic equipment, the accuracy of electronic compass in your phone may be affected.
- This app requires internet connectivity, either data or Wi-Fi.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher required.
- You may need to calibrate your phone compass to ensure accuracy.
HOW TO CALIBRATE PHONE COMPASS
What Maps Are Used?
WalkWay Navi is based on Google Maps.
The tour can be approached either as a three hour tour or split into two with Broad Street and south of broad as one and North of broad street as the second. If you select to walk it in one day, and you visualize a figure 8, it reduces retracing your steps. The Charleston Museum is at the top of the eight and the first Presbyterian is approximately the middle of the 8.
You should be able to hear Michelle and Linda easily but if you need your buds for your iPhone and android, you can purchase these at blank on blank street. They are located near the middle of the eight.
Enjoy your walk back through history.
With our mobile app, you can:
- Walk throughout Charleston using our guided map
- Listen to the audio history of many buildings
- Enjoy nearby places with turn-by-turn directions
- Mark where you parked for easy access back
- And so much more...
It allows you to follow the city’s historical routes as you stroll through town. The App includes videos, audios, photographs and relevant information about the most emblematic places, such as neighbourhoods, squares, castles and monuments.
At any given time, you can locate your exact position and can access information about the nearest points of interest where you can find out about special offers, events, news, etc.
It also includes a menu with information about restaurants, leisure facilities, public services, etc.
The App works both online and offline (no internet connection needed), and is available in the following languages: Spanish, Italian, English and German.
Online and Offline modes
Get direction option for pois
Original Media Content
El Puerto de Santa María
With a growing Guide Dots community, users can create detailed databases of localized information. From hazards in the walkway to the location of a restroom in a store, the information grows with the community, creating a completely crowd-sourced map of the world.
***Facebook Log-in Required to Use Guide Dots Functionality***
• Push-to-talk controls
• Facebook integration to find nearby friends
• Detailed tagging – from restrooms to obstructions and more
• A Guide Dots community to add detail to maps and locations
The Guide Dogs Association for the Blind, a non-profit charity committed to help the visually impaired enhance their quality of life through better mobility.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (18 sights)
* Museums and Art Galleries (8 sights)
* Sydney’s Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Landmarks in Sydney (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Nightlife in Circular Quay (6 sights)
* Hottest Nightclubs (6 sights)
* The Pyrmont Area (6 sights)
* Best of Shopping in Sydney (5 sights)
* Sydney for Kids (6 sights)
* Sydney’s East Shore (6 sights)
* Taronga Zoo (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Place information (from wikipedia and other useful information) can then be retrieved (Details).
Hills (peaks) can also be used instead of places.
Open street map and OS vector maps for Great Britain now also available for newer devices (API level 10) and tablets for more detailed walk planning. Offering better resolution / height shading / contours and route tracking / planning.