This application is based on MULTIPLE SEISMIC DATA SOURCES, selectable by the user.
A NEAR ME button is available in order to quickly filter out the earthquakes near to your current location with the main info (magnitude, location, distance, datetime)
A MAP button is available in order to see the earthquakes on a map with colored markers and info baloons (ML, datetime).
A LAST/PAST quakes function is available in order to quickly filter out the last/past earthquakes of a specified period
A SEARCH function is available in order to quickly filter out the earthquakes on a specific location.
A click on the earthquake row shows the corresponding INFO and MAPS.
A long click on the earthquake row for more options.
With this app you can also place a WIDGET on your home page that will show all the info about the last earthquake from your favorite seismic service.
In settings page you can also customize the displayed event date: Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) or USER's Local Time (LT)
>>Main seismic data sources:
- USGS (U.S.Geological Survey)
- EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
- INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia - Italia)
- GEONET (New Zealand GNS Science - GeoNet)
- latest earthquakes around the World
- Near Me filter
- Search filter
- Last/Past filter
- View quakes and info on Google Map
- View details and maps on source site
- Share source site internet link
- automatic magnitude colors (white, green, yellow, red)
- automatic distance colors (white, yellow, red)
- seismic data sources (USGS, EMSC, INGV, GEONET ...)
- seismic data zones (EU, NA, SA, FE, ...)
- minimum magnitude to display (richter)
- live stream update rate
- near me filter
- date time zone (UTC or USER's LT)
- distance unit (km/miles)
- Custom notifications system.
- Real time notifications (suggested filter on Magnitude: 4.5+).
- Custom filters by magnitude, distance and time.
- Data loaded from earthquake-report.com.
- View earthquakes on map.
- Magnitude, depth, distance, location and UTC time for each earthquake.
- Link to in-depth page on earthquake-report.com for more information.
- View earthquakes from last 24 hrs., 48hrs. or 7 days.
- Email email@example.com
Earthquake reports and photos are sourced from http://www.emsc-csem.org/
App icon: https://www.facebook.com/psychotanveer
Other icons: http://www.iconarchive.com/
No copyright infringement intended, for any kind of query/complain please contact the developer via email.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
Additionally Geohazard can be used to immediately send eyewitness reports to an instance of the crowd-mapping platform Ushahidi. These reports, containing geographical information, damage estimations, event description and pictures, can be used to serve a better situation picture of a related event for interested parties.
Geohazard is a BETA version, yet. It has been designed, implemented and tested in a research project. Geohazard is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use. Feedback and suggestions for improvements are very welcome and can be sent directly via the 'About' menu item. Some, hopefully less important, issues are known already and will be addressed in future versions.
Earthquake data sources: BGS, BMKG, EMSC, GA, GDACS, GFZ, GNS, IPMA, IRIS, KOERI, NOA, NRCan, SGS, USGS
Cyclone data sources: GDACS
Flood data sources:GDACS
Tsunami data sources: NOAA WCATWC, NOAA PTWC Caribbean, NOAA PTWC Hawaii, NOAA PTWC Pacific
Volcano data sources: GNS, USGS
Keywords: earthquake, tsunami, flood, cyclone, volcano, natural hazard, ushahidi, alerts, reports, magnitude, saffir–simpson hurricane wind scale
The application provides you with full information about the recent earthquakes around the world. It consists of a list of earthquakes and a map of earthquakes. When the space permits both components share one screen. You have the opportunity at any time to refresh the information. In the „Preferences” section you can specify how the application works on your taste.
- Minimum magnitude of the earthquakes for which you wish to obtain information.
- You can turn off the animation of the list of the earthquakes.
- Automatically update and frequency of automatic updates.
- You may choose to receive Notifications, when new Earthquakes are registered or published.
The application includes two types of Widgets, which you can place on the Home Screen of your device.
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
The app is free to download but please note that this service is only available for SCI members. If you are an SCI member, use your website username and password to get access.
Science meets business through innovation and Chemistry & Industry provides the link through which the SCI fosters the interchange of ideas and the transfer of knowledge.
C&I provides an authoritative, yet easy-to-understand interpretation of scientific information. Its format provides the opportunity for the cross-fertilisation of ideas and techniques across unrelated sectors without the use of jargon. It is relied on by an international industry-informed readership, particularly interested in keeping abreast of current innovations and commercialisation of research and discovery.
C&I’s editorial is focused on scientific and industrial innovation that will result in commercially significant developments in the next ten years.
C&I provides thought-leadership for the chemistry-based sectors of research through to industry. Its readers are business people, opinion formers and decision makers from all sectors of chemistry-related scientific organisations, from universities and research organisations, through to chemical and pharmaceutical producers, entrepreneurs and SMEs and other technology-based manufacturers and suppliers.
C&I acts as the voice of the SCI to its members and provides an insight into the activities and focus of the SCI for its subscribers. It is a must-have publication for all its readers.
Explore the leading international magazine for microscopists on your Android device. Keep up-to-date with all areas of the industry via research articles, news, features and more.
With 120,000 readers worldwide, Microscopy & Analysis reflects the wide diversity of microscopy applications, an aid for users of microscopical, analytical and imaging equipment.
Once you've downloaded, you can keep the issues on your device for as long as you like