Color The Sky is an interactive infographic module that introduces students to the Color Wheel, including the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary colors.
TARGET GRADE LEVEL: 1-3
• An interactive introduction to the color wheel.
• Animated descriptions for the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary colors.
• A charming character that walks students through the lessons.
• All Printable pages
COST AND SECURITY
• Free to use and share
• No In-App purchases
• No personal data collected
ASSISTS IN MEETING THESE (NCCAS) NATIONAL CORE ARTS STANDARDS
Visual Arts Anchor Standards
• Anchor Standard #1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
• Anchor Standard #2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
• Anchor Standard #3. Refine and complete artistic work.
Visual Arts: Creating - Grade 1
• VA:Cr1.2.1a: Use observation and investigation in preparation for making a work of art.
• VA:Cr3.1.1a: Use art vocabulary to describe choices while creating art.
• Visual Arts: Creating - Grade 2
VA:Pr5.1.2a: Distinguish between different materials or artistic
techniques for preparing artwork for presentation.
Visual Arts: Creating - Grade 3
• VA:Cr1.2.3a: Demonstrate and explore identified methods to use tools to capture and form media artworks.
Media Arts: Creating - Grade 1
• MA:Cr3.1.1a: Create, capture, and assemble media arts content for media arts productions, identifying basic principles, such as pattern and repetition.
Media Arts: Creating - Grade 2
• MA:Cr3.1.2a: Construct and assemble content for unified media arts productions, identifying and applying basic principles, such as positioning and attention.
Media Arts: Creating - Grade 3
• MA:Cr1.1.3: Develop multiple ideas for media artworks using a variety of tools, methods and/or materials.
• MA:Pr5.1.3c: Exhibit standard use of tools and techniques while constructing media artworks.
ACCOMMODATES THE FOLLOWING LEARNING STYLES:
• Visual (spatial):pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
• Physical (kinesthetic): touch - interactivity.
• Logical (mathematical): logic, reasoning and systems.
• Solitary (intrapersonal): self-study.
ABOUT THE CREATORS
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University student Krista Hill created this media as part of her course work in the Digital Media program. The Development (coding) for the project was powered by the the KCAD Framework created by Digital Concierge.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON THIS MEDIA:
• MAC desktop and laptop computers - all browsers
• PC desktop and laptop computers: all browsers
• iPad and Android tablets using the Photon Web Browser
• iTunes Store (search: Color The Sky)
• EPIC media: www.epicsite.org
EPIC + KCAD
Visit Website - http://www.epicsite.org
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org