This app also allows you to view scheduled departures from transit stops near points you specify, or near your current location.
- Interactive trip planner with fares
- Filter trips by vehicle type and walk time
- Agency announcements/advisories
- Displays nearby transit stops
- Scheduled departures from nearby stops
- Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
- GPS locations
- Saves recent trips and points automatically
- Save your favorites
This application has been developed by Mentz Datenverarbeitung GmbH for MTC's 511 Service.
We welcome your feedback. To send us an email, please click the "Help/Info" button on your phone when you are using the app.
✓ Route calculation from every location to every address in town
✓ Route calculation prioritizing cycle ways, cycle paths and living streets
✓ Precise audio notifications
✓ Display of velocity and remaining distance
✓ Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries
✓ Recalculation of the route when leaving the proposed one
✓ Insider tours (created by local bike messengers) help you discover the city
✓ Categorized lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours
✓ Tracking via GPS: biking time and distance overview
✓ Bicycle optimized map style
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE CITIES:
Austria: Vienna, Graz (free), Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck
Switzerland: Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Bern, Lausanne
Germany: Berlin, Bielefeld, Bochum, Bremen/Bremerhaven, Duisburg, Dresden, Essen, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Hamburg, Hannover, Cologne, Leipzig, Munich, Nuremberg
Netherlands: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague
France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Murcia
City packs can be downloaded for € 4.49 each or can be activated by vouchers. For trial, any city pack can be installed for free and used for up to 30 km.
Fiets Innovatie Award 2014
ISPO Bike 2013 – Brand New Award
European Satellite Navigation Competition 2012 – Regional Winner Austria
Apps for Amsterdam 2012 – Public Prize
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
BikeCityGuide is based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
With "Finn" you can mount your smartphone very easily. Bundled with it comes a voucher for a free city pack download. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now go out and find out how pleasant and relieving it can be to go around the city by bike – and how much fun it is!
BikeCityGuide – Intelligent Urban Mobility
Designed for Cyclists, by Cyclists!
This application brings together, on an interactive map all the information regarding the condition of the network so that you can plan your movements wisely:
• winter road conditions (visibility and condition of the road surface);
• road works (nature, hindrances, schedules, duration);
• traffic Webcam images (major regions of Québec and border crossings);
• major events in progress on the road network resulting in significant obstacles (accidents, floods, major congestion, etc.);
• availability of ferry services and their schedule;
• waiting time at border crossings (passenger and commercial vehicles);
• location of wayside parks and services offered;
• location of roadside weather stations;
• location of photo radar and red light cameras;
• localisation of Villages-relais
• Montréal area municipal roadworks;
• commuter train stations (AMT);
• park-and-ride lots;
• three federal structures in the Montréal area;
• video sequences from certain Québec area traffic webcams.
• bug fixes for tablet performance.
- Road Conditions
- Road Incidents
- Roadside Camera images
- Construction / Maintenance Activities
- Traffic Status
- Ferry Crossings
- Border Crossings
Also you have the chance to check in real time all available bikes and free docks from each station.
If you have any doubt, complaint or suggestion please do not hesitate contacting us through the support address. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
keywords: Bike, map, velo!
Florida 511 is a free download providing up-to-date traffic information on all of Florida’s interstates, toll roads and many major metropolitan roadways including I-95, I-4, I-75, I-10 and Florida’s Turnpike. The app offers text and audio traffic updates and important alerts, as well as camera views on crashes, congestion, construction and more. All Florida 511 traffic data is provided by the Florida Department of Transportation.
The app uses GPS tracking to identify the users’ current location and provide users with traffic information within a selected number of miles of their location. Users can set the app to provide information for a range of up to 200 miles from their location, view traffic in a select city or county by typing in a desired location or receive traffic information based on their registered My Florida 511 custom routes. Travel time information also is available based on location and direction of travel.
• Get Traffic Information based on GPS location, a Florida city or metro area or a personalized My Florida 511 route created at www.FL511.com
• Traffic updates can be provided in a text, map-based and audio format
• Show camera images for surrounding traffic incidents
• Get Travel Times based on location and direction of travel
• Use Feedback to submit traffic incidents to FDOT or provide general comments
• Select a Traffic Range to get traffic updates for up to 200 miles from the current location
• Filter out Construction alerts
• Select AutoPlay to hear all current incidents at start up
• Requires Android 2.3.4 and up
Florida 511 covers the entire state of Florida including major roadways in Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Lake City, Melbourne, Miami, Orlando, Pensacola, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee, Tampa, West Palm Beach and more.
We would love to get your feedback on the app. Please record your comments in the app under General Comments or email us at email@example.com. When providing feedback, please include the type of phone you are using, its operating system and your contact information.
FDOT reminds all travelers to check 511 before hitting the road, have a passenger check 511 while driving or pull over to avoid distracted driving.
Know Before You Go with Florida 511!
Requires Android 2.3 and later. Use versions 4.0 and later for optimal performance.
More from developer
This version of the application includes an airport directory, current Iowa aviation weather information, and resources for obtaining other Iowa aviation-related information to assist pilots using the state of Iowa's air transportation system. The airport directory is stored on the local device, so Internet access is not needed to access the directory once the application has been installed. Some of the other features (weather, the calendar of events, and FaceBook) do require Internet access.