You're a skilled sniper, one day, when you fell asleep on the toilet during work, you overheard that your boss and colleagues are actually aliens, and they planning on attacking earth.
After a few days the plan turns out to be true, and the invasion begins.
Aliens can't be recognized as they're disguised as humans, using some clues you'll receive from the headquarters you'll have to find the aliens among the people and stop them before they kill you!
You are the only hope.
- You need to kill targets, with shooting and some other tactics.
- You can replace the images of the targets with those of someone you like or hate, like your boss or teacher:)
(Free ver: 7 pics, Advanced ver: 100 pics)
- You'll have 9 items to enhance your attacks.
- You have a choice of 3 characters, each with unique skills.
- You will be on missions in 25 maps.
- You can save the game anytime.
- You can know the world's rank in each mission.
- If the weapon gets jammed you have to swipe the screen to fix it.
- The wind affects the bullets.
[Examples of the clues]
- Targets were not able to sleep last night.
- Targets ate spoiled food.
- Targets are mostly invisible and they can teleport.
- Targets are afraid of heights.
- Targets sometimes move quickly.
- Targets hate loud sounds. Shoot something to make a sound.
and so on...
Shoot your boss!
* Tap screen to jump
* Kill enemy by jumping in the air
* Avoid hurdles on walls
* POW UP when killing 3 enemies of the same kind.
More from developer
Even though this game is heavily censored it is still not suitable for children!
NB: Why is there a censored version at all? Because on small screens the enemies are much easier to distinguish when they are clearly color coded and less detailed. This visually "works" best when they are "puppets" in stead of "people". (A compromise to hopefully improve playability).
Help North Korean commissar Kim Bok Kyong punish the traitors!
Command a firing squad of 4 soldiers and process endless waves of various enemies of the state to keep the Divine Leader happy.
Faced with limited ammo and the ever present danger of random sabotage events, you have to think and react fast. As you progress you'll gain reward money, replenish your ammo and unlock more and more weapons.
Which strategy will you use? Will you be able to handle increasingly difficult decisions? Hesitation means death - for your enemies are legion.
"Joyful Executions" is a parody game on North Korean propaganda for children and a satire on our willingness to accept morally questionable acts through gamification.
Chris Priestman from IndieStatik:
"[Joyful Executions] questions what we understand of games, and does so while challenging volatile politics, arguing for a stance and encouraging the player to engage in debate. Not only that, but it’s been realized to an incredible-looking finish."
GameWoof score: 4 out of 5:
"A controversial piece of art banned from iTunes, leaves the player with a feeling perhaps unique to video games. ...If you are mature enough, this game is worth playing. It is fun, controversial and affects you in a way most games cannot".
- Round based single player endless survival game.
- 4 types of enemies.
- 5 weapons (more coming after release)
- Upgrade shop for restocking ammo, buying new weapons and upgrading your weapons.
- Optional survivor head shot mini game.
- North Korea propaganda poster art style
NB: The final 4 weapons are not yet implemented. You will face severe challenges to survive from round 40 and onward. All missing weapons will be patched in.
This game is adapted for smartphones.
It's been extensively tested only on a Samsung Galaxy II.
Natively supported: 1280x720 and 800x480, all other resolutions should scale reasonably well, but will probably look like crap. If you're having any problems with the scaling, please let me know (and send me a screenshot)!
(keywords for search: North Korea, DPRK, Joyful, propaganda poster style, Kim Jong-Un)