Explore in a unique way, one of the eleven archabbeys in the world, with the Saint Meinrad Archabbey Interactive Tour App. Enjoy over 45 minutes of guided content that details the major attractions of the monastary, Archabbey church, and school of theology campus. Take the tour with you on the go, or watch online, for an experience that also includes:
• Over 30 digital postcards, sharable over social networks.
• 21 360° panoramic spheres taken at points of interest at the Archabbey, and accessible using the gyroscope features of your phone.
• Pauses for prayer at pertinent points throughout the tour.
Walking Tour Features:
Tours guided by our monks are offered each week, but if you visit the Archabbey when a tour is not available, you can now use this application for an enriching self-guided experience of your own. Take the tour at your own pace, as you explore the beautiful and holy grounds of Saint Meinrad Archabbey. Along with the audio tour, enjoy these app features on your visit:
• Custom digital postcards, utilizing your phone's camera to capture Saint Meinrad branded images that you can store on your device, or send to friends directly over social networks.
• Pauses for prayer at pertinent points on the tour.
• Guided maps to aid your exploration of the grounds.
• Switch between the interactive and walking experiences to explore visual details not covered in the audio tour.
Prayer and Chant Features:
Prayer is the center of life at Saint Meinrad. Along with the two tour experiences within this app, we have also included a selection of prayers presented in an intersting way for you to utilize on the go. A collection of Psalms, Canticles, and traditional prayers are available, along with an outlet for you to share your prayer requests with us here at the monastary.
Also included is over 20 Gregorian chants recorded at Saint Meinrad Archabbey, with texts for you to sing and pray along with. The selections have been taken from two of our albums, focusing on the season of Lent and Easter, and Advent and Christmas.