"Telling Your Story" is a free tool that persons with disabilities, family members, and other advocates can use to compose and practice the personal story they'll present to elected public officials or other policy makers at all levels of government when seeking policy changes or increasing awareness about disability issues. The app guides users through the steps, from introducing yourself to identifying the specific issue to the best methods for presenting a compelling personal story. After entering the text of their story, an audio recording feature allows the user to rehearse their story. Users can also select and preview a photo they may wish to include.
• Create your story in writing for use when advocating for change with policymakers
• Easy to follow steps prompt you to include the necessary elements to create effective testimony
• Record your voice to practice telling your story in public
• Take and preview a photo to include with your story
• Send your complete story by email