There are few levels of difficulty: on the lowest you start in an iconic spot (Times Square, if you are in New York, or Red Square in Moscow) and you are limited to less than 40 most famous cities of the world; on the highest you start in a random point in any of 177 cities. You have 3 guesses for each city; after two wrong guesses you'll be transported to an iconic spot. You can also select subset of the cities you want to play with: only capitals, or only cities in Europe, or only cities in English-speaking countries, etc. The game can be played in English, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese.
In portrait mode you use gestures: swipes to look around, pinch to zoom in and out; in landscape mode your phone or tablet acts more like a video game controller with buttons for the actions.
If you don't have a Chromecast device, the only use of this App would be its Daydream service - the rotating Street View of a random city, which changes every couple minutes. The iconic spots of the cities are shown and the names are slowly revealed, so you can feel intellectually superior - "I knew it!"
Before you buy, you can check the Web version of the game at http://gr8ctz.com. The Web version has been used by geography teachers around the world (see classroom recommendations at http://www.teachersfirst.com/single.cfm?id=15153) and was played by thousands of people in 70 countries.
The multiplayer mode is under development: you will be able to play with your friends and family in front of TV.
We all know that the only thing cooler than bow ties are Doctor Who cryptic picture puzzles, and we’ve created over 150 of them for our brand new game!
Companions, gadgets, episode titles and monsters – all of these are hidden in our cunning paintings. Are you a big enough Doctor Who fan to solve them all?
Doctor Who: Say What You See features three paintings with 50 Catchphrase-style cryptic puzzles on each –
TARDIS Interior – Travel into the depths of the TARDIS, and discover the secrets within…
Totter’s Lane – Go to the mysterious alleyway where it all began 50 years ago, when a strange old man and his granddaughter first appeared on Earth…
Gallifrey (Coming Christmas 2013) – Take a trip to the home planet of the Time Lords, and discover its secrets…
Suitable for Doctor Who fans young and old, these puzzles cover the entire 50 year span of the show, and every correct answer is rewarded with a factfile revealing secrets and trivia about your favourite characters, gadgets and monsters.
And if you get stuck, you can always use the ‘Stuck’ button to discover a few answers to get you started, or wave your Sonic Screwdriver to reveal the hidden hint coins on each painting.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to save the universe from a puzzling fate, and only YOU can do it! Alons-y!
Doctor Who: Say What You See Features:
• Classic Doctor Who characters, gadgets, episode titles and monsters disguised in over 150 Rebus puzzles
• 2 downloadable Canvases available at launch (“TARDIS”, “Totter’s Lane”)
• 1 further Canvas (“Gallifrey”) available in December
• Hints for EVERY puzzle
• Unleash the power of the Sonic Screwdriver to reveal hidden hint coins!
• Stuck? Just hit the ‘Stuck!’ button to reveal more clues!
• Share puzzles with your friends on Facebook, and work together to unlock the game’s secrets!
• An exclusive Factfile screen for every puzzle, explaining the secret history of Doctor Who!
• Unique achievements for every canvas
• Art by award-winning artist Ryan Firchau
And if you enjoy Doctor Who: Say What You See, why not try our other Say What You See game, Say What You See: The Collection, available now!
Praise for Say What You See: The Collection
"I'm very much addicted to Say What You See on iPhone, great free app!" – Harry Potter actor Tom Felton
"...one of the best visual puzzle games available for iOS devices right now" – MSN
“Do check out@SWYSApp say what you see on iPhone. Great game.” Iain Lee, Presenter
“★★★★★” - AppSafari
"9/10" - AppTilt
“For a developer to get it so right on their first try is very impressive indeed.” – Pocket Gamer
“It’s become something of a regular request in our house and looks set to replace bedtime stories for some time.” - Wired.co.uk
“A curiously addictive time-sink.” - Eurogamer
"Make a dive for the Nyquil, ‘cause this app is going viral." - iPhone Appidemic
"I enjoyed the heck out of See What You Say, and I give it my personal recommendation." - Apple Gazette
“Danger! Red alert! Danger! This is one of those games that gets into my brain and won’t let go.” – Invert Y
“A cracking little time waster…” - Mortis, Rllmuk forum
This is a project I started based on a simple idea I've had since the chromecast was released. I'm open to suggestions. If you'd like to submit a question you can do so here: http://goo.gl/chro3r
Android Coursera client (unofficial) delivers you the best of Coursera.
Recently, online education gets more and more value and therefore, it must be available on the go. Each minute of your free time you could spend on learning. Using this application you'll be able to learn new things using only device and internet. It offers access to hundreds of educational videos on different themes. This application will support multiple content providers in the future, but now it supports only Coursera.org provider.
*** IN VIDEO QUIZZES AND UNIQUE FLOATING VIDEO VIEW ADDED. Watch lectures and browse Internet at the same time!***
The MOST interesting goes BELOW!
What's the difference between free and paid versions ?
Paid version has:
1) unlimited concurrent lectures download (max defined by underlying OS system);
2) supports streaming subtitles
3) do homework;
4) no ads
5) take quizzes online
6) take in-video quizzes
7) unique floating homescreen lectures video
8) Dropbox sync support
9) Chromecast support (beta)
==== Key features: ====
- take in-video quizzes
- watch lectures on homescreen
- download PDF resourses
- play lectures one by one in a list
- lock screen orientation
- play lectures in background
- add lecture notes
- lectures autosync feature. It allows you to set up notifications if new lectures for a specific subject are available for downloading. Configurable sync interval allows you to be notified about new avaliable lecture as soon as it gets published on Coursera.org site
- enroll in new courses
- use forum and take quizzes out-of-the-box
- offline Coursera video support
- Coursera streaming video support (long press on item)
- subscribed Coursera courses info (university, start - end dates, finished or current course etc.)
- up to 3 simultaneous downloads
- status bar download progress notifications
- possibility to cancel downloads
- automatically resumes download after connection lost
- videos will be resumed at the last position
- click on finished notification starts the video
- possibility to download the whole course literally by 5 taps
- subtitles for donwloaded videos are supported
- possibility to resume cancelled donwload
- full blown features support starting from Android 2.2
- download and browse attached PDF files.
- social links. Go social!
- Dropbox support
- Chromecast support
Q: I cannot play video.
A: Some devices are not capable of playing Coursera video by default. You should install external video player to overcome this issue. For instance you should be fine with Mobo player.
Q: I cannot log in.
A: Try log out and then log in again. Alternatively try reinstall the application. As a last resort you should try to change your password for Coursera account.
Q: How can I attach subtitles for external player streaming video?
A: Find "Open subtitles" option in your favourite player and add subtitles from sdcard->Android->data->com.realex->files->cache, here you should select required course and week.
Q: I cannot load course contents.
A: If your internet connection is slow (the real speed in current circumstances), sometimes you won't be able to load course list at the first time. Just hit Refresh and courses should be loaded.
Q: How can I turn Autosync lectures feature on ?
A: The Autosunc lectures feature can be turned on at course list window by long pressing the course or by selecting corresponding option in the menu.
##If you have any suggestions regarding improvement please contact me! Let's make this soft the best together.##
Key words: Coursera, Coursera Online, Online Free Course, Massive Online Open Courseware, Open Courseware, Free Courseware, Online Lecture Videos, Coursera On The Go.