BOOKS COME TO LIFE WITH CHESSAPPS
“ChessApps Books” is a free chess books reader.
No matter what is your level of play, you will certainly like to have a board handy when trying to follow a chess game or reading an article, don’t you?
Chessapps offers you an interactive chessboard that is automatically synchronized with the text of the book, and follows it as you read.
- Solve positions: set the time and play over the moves provided by the author. It is a fantastic training tool!
FAST AND COMFORTABLE NAVIGATION
The program recalls the exact point you left each book the last time and it allows you to move around quickly with the built-in navigation controls.
- Enable speed-adjusted auto play and relax while the program plays the game for you.
- Consult the general index for fast access to each chapter or check the index of games for direct access to each game or position.
- You will never get lost: jump through games and variations and ChessApps will always remember the way back.
- Save your favourite games and find them easily later.
- Go to portrait mode (iPad) to hide the board and enjoy a more comfortable read.
LEARNING FUNCTIONS: “A TRAINER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS”
With Chessapps, the use of chess puzzles takes on a new dimension. It’s not only about solving the first move, but you are going to be asked to find the complete solution, simulating a real game and even activating a chess clock. For years this was the preferred training method of the Soviet school, now at your service in ChessApps.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE TITLES
Don’t forget to visit our shop to download some free titles, like “Bobby Fischer”, a book dedicated to the life and games of the legendary American champion.
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR DEVICE WITH YOUR COMPUTER
With ChessApps it is very simple to have your chess books ready, everywhere you go. Provide the program with your email and set a password to automatically transfer your books to all your devices.
Any position on the board can be analyzed with the module Stockfish, just tap the "plug" under the board and start the analysis of the position you are viewing.
ChessApps incorporates Stockfish obtained by DroidFish version 1.51.
Stockfish is chess engine under the GPLv3 open source license developed by Tord Romstad, Joona Kiiski and Marco Costalba.
DroidFish is a port of the stockfish chess engine to Android, combined with a GUI developed by Peter Österlund. License: GNU GPL v3.