Does your child's handwriting look like chicken scratch? Give them this app. It has everything kids need to master fundamental handwriting skills on their own.
Learn Handwriting 1st Grade features 35 simple lessons that teach writing uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and even whole words with correct spacing and shape, all without pencil and paper. A stylus is recommended as it develops pencil holding skills.
Here's how it works:
1. Ask your students to earn a few medals in the app every school day. 3 per day is a good start.
2. Students earn medals by learning from articles and completing handwriting lessons with either a stylus or their finger. The app gives immediate feedback as students write, greatly speeding up learning.
3. You review student progress from the Teacher View. The app makes it easy.
Watch your child's handwriting abilities improve with just a few minutes of regular practice.
The content is so simple and the technology is so effective that even kids with learning disabilities and difficulties decoding text can learn on their own.
• 38 simple ‘read-assist’ lessons. Students can learn at their own pace without parent or teacher help, often very quickly.
• Text to speech. Tap on any word to have it read out loud.
• Auto-play. Sit back and enjoy the whole lesson read to you. Even kids with difficulties decoding text or paying attention can learn spelling skills on their own.
• Effective, adaptive practice. Each student sees a different set of questions that get harder over time. When they make mistakes, the questions change in real-time to maximize learning and minimize frustration, following the ‘spaced repetition’ learning theory.
• Switch between up to 10 password-protected student profiles.
• Teacher View: Keep kids accountable for regular practice with minimal effort. Look at charts of useful metrics. See where students are struggling, and jump in to help.
• Gamification. Medals, progress bars, and uplifting interfaces motivate students to do their best.
All-In-One Handwriting 1st Grade is a collective effort of veteran teachers, technologists, and student testers working over the last 2 years. The app is designed by an ex-Google Product Manager to maximize learning and retention.
Handwriting 1st Grade is a member of the Class Ace family of apps. One subscription unlocks full access to all 1,000+ world-class Class Ace lessons across 15+ apps covering K-6 subjects.
• Unlimited access to all Class Ace lessons and apps (including this one) covering K-6 Common Core standards starts at $0.99 + $2 per student profile after a 1 week free trial. One account can hold up to 10 student profiles.
• Cancel Anytime: You won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the trial period.
• Renewal: Auto-renewal may be turned off anytime from Account Settings.
If your child needs to learn 1st grade handwriting skills but you simply can’t afford a Class Ace membership, please email email@example.com.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period in account settings. Renewals are charged within 24-hours preceding the end of the current period. Payment is charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are managed by the user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Learn Handwriting by Class Ace, where applicable.
You can access Learn Handwriting without a subscription, but will be limited to 10 free questions per day, and your medals will be lost on leaving the app.
Help & Support
Problems, questions, or want to get in touch?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: https://classace.io/terms