The C is for Chickasaw app takes a fun, interactive approach to learning as it teaches the letters of the alphabet and introduces elements of Chickasaw history, language, and culture.
• Expanded version of C is for Chickasaw children’s book
• ABC learning activities
• Chickasaw language-learning activities
• Coloring sheets
• Stickball game
• Jigsaw puzzles
• Chickasaw language matching
• Memory game
• Discussion questions and hands-on activities
The app is based on the award-winning C is for Chickasaw children’s book and features highlighted read-to-me narration, animated illustrations, sound effects, activities, games, and puzzles.
The ABC area of the app allows users to see and hear the letters of the alphabet as they explore the creative and interactive animations and sound effects.
The book portion of the app allows users to read the text for themselves, or follow along as the highlighted read-to-me narration reads to them. Each page features a letter of the alphabet and introduces a Chickasaw topic with two lines of rhyming verse designed to capture the imagination of younger audiences. Older children will be drawn to the expanded text, which explains each topic’s place or importance in Chickasaw culture.
Users are introduced to Chickasaw language in both written and spoken form throughout the app, as they see the words on the screen and then listen to Chickasaw speakers pronounce them.
Additional games and activities:
• Coloring sheets – choose from 15 different coloring pages.
• Jigsaw puzzles – ten puzzles featuring illustrations from the book.
• Try your hand at stickball – work your way through multiple levels.
• Matching – match the Chickasaw word with its English translation.
• Memory – turn over tiles to match characters from the book.
• Test your knowledge quiz – see how many questions you can answer correctly.
• Explore more on your own with discussion questions and real-world activities that reinforce Chickasaw topics introduced in the book.