Version 2.8: Minor change to "add notes" feature/parameter section. Temporarily removed due to critical issues on certain devices.
Blood gas status plays a key role in evaluating the condition of critically ill patients. Evaluation of blood gas parameters can be divided into subgroups of oxygen status, related metabolic parameters and acid-base status.
Because each subgroup consists of several parameters, the amount of data to interpret may be overwhelming.
Radiometer’s blood gas app is an easy-to-use guide to assist you with this task.
The app supports the following languages:
Danish, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
The app opens in default language chosen on your device. Specific choice of language can be made through the device settings. Select another default language manually by clicking the settings icon on the default opening screen (bottom right).
The app offers guidance to the evaluation of arterial oxygen status based on comprehensive blood gas analysis (including oximetry) and a closely related metabolic parameter, lactate.
Users can add and edit their own reference intervals as well as notes for individual parameters.
In addition, Radiometer’s new app provides a description of the parameters available on Radiometer‘s blood gas analyzers, including blood gas and acid-base parameters, metabolic parameters and electrolytes, as well as guides to evaluating them.
Although such a guide always has to be used with caution, as not every possible detail or condition can be covered, it can help the clinician make decisions with regard to the need for further tests and therapeutic interventions.
Studies show that preanalytical errors are the reason for 62% of all errors in laboratory medicine . "The diagnostic consequences depend on the magnitude of the preanalytical error. In worst case, these errors may lead to mistreatment of patients; in all cases, these errors are an extra workload for the hospital staff involved" .
This app focuses on the preanalytical phase of blood gas testing and what operators can do to avoid errors. The recommendations are based on existing literature and international best practices.
Examples are constructed, unless specific reference is given, with the purpose of illustrating the consequence of preanalytical errors.
The content provided here is owned and maintained by Radiometer Medical ApS, a Danish limited liability company with its registered office at Åkandevej 21, 2700 Brønshøj, Denmark ("Radiometer"). For more information on Radiometer, go to www.radiometer.com.
 Carraro P et al. Errors in a stat laboratory. Types and frequencies 10 years later. Clin Chem 2007; 53,7: 1338-42.
 Wennecke G. Useful tips to avoid preanalytical errors in blood gas testing: electrolytes. www.acutecaretesting.org Oct 2003.
The handbook part describes several types of errors that can occur during and after sampling and gives tips on how to avoid such preanalytical errors. As a key feature, the handbook section contains videos showing how to properly collect a blood gas sample by arterial puncture, through an arterial line or by capillary sampling.
Exceptionally high or low values of a given parameter may be due to one or several types of preanalytical errors. The troubleshooting section is a good tool when you are experiencing difficulties evaluating if measured results reflect patient status or if a preanalytical error may have occurred.
How good are you at avoiding preanalytical errors in blood gas testing? Test your knowledge about how to avoid preanalytical errors.
< 第75回日本血液学会学術集会（JSH2013）大会概要 >
My Schedule is the official Program search application for the 75th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Hematology (JSH2013), October 11-13, 2013, Sapporo, Japan.
Download the app for free and keep up to date on information.
App features include:
- Browse, search and view the programme
- Create a personalized agenda
- View maps to all conference venues at your fingertips
Date: October 11-13, 2013
Venue: Royton Sapporo / Sapporo Geibun-kan / Sapporo Education and Culture Hall
More from developer
- Provides secret(Privacy) function & Spam protect function for incoming call & sms.
- Calllog is deleted automatically for secret call.
- List contacts saved on your phone.
- Selec a number => Assign secret/Spam => add button => Number is added for protection.
- Secret number : For incoming call, no calllog is recorded. For incoming SMS, not save to phone, else saved to Privay App Storage.
- Spam number : Incoming call & SMS is canceled & no log remain. Feature to deal with Spam call & SMS.
- Incomin SMS sound is eliminated.
- List numbers managed in Privacy App.
- Select number => Choose secret/spam => confirm(Save)
- Select number => Releas button => Number is released from protection.
- List SMS & Calllog in Privacy App Storage.
- Delet all records in Privacy App Storage.
- Use password: password registration. password is required when App starts.
- Backup password: Backup password to E-mail.
- Secret incoming-call: Hang up call & only save calllog in Privacy App Storage.
- Fire deletion when App starts: Delete all records of Privacy App Storage when App starts.
- Fire deletion where you shake phone: Delet all records of Privacy App Storage by shaking phone.
- Show complete message after deletion.
- Assign frequency of automatic deletion: Automatic delete feature. Choose frequency among Once a hour/Once a day/Once a week/None. Default value is none.
- Free version has some limitation