The Dermatology DDx app from Unbound Medicine delivers visual, point-of-care guidance for establishing the diagnosis of skin disorders. This powerful, photo-intensive database allows users to search, view side-by-side variations of each skin disorder, easily zoom in on any of the high-resolution images, and instantly link to similar conditions to ensure accurate diagnosis. Each entry also contains clinical history, physical findings, and treatment options.
Features of Dermatology DDx include:
•600+ high-quality images presented with common variations in presentation
•Point-of-care guidance for 160+ dermatologic conditions
•Cross reference links to differential diagnoses
•History and treatment within each entry
•Appendix charting potencies of topical steroids
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
•Favorites for ’bookmarking’ important entries
Authors: Thomas P. Habif, MD; James L. Campbell Jr., MD, MS; M. Shane Chapman, MD; James G.H. Dinulos, MD; Kathryn A. Zug, MD
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Whatever you are looking for, the Dermatology Miniatlas has an image for it.
The Dermatology Miniatlas application offers a large collection of high quality, detailed medical images about the general features of Dermatology, accompanied by referenced texts. Use it to explain to your patients all the relevant aspects of this speciality. With this great visual aid, patients become more active during their visits, and you can give them all the answers they need.
The Dermatology Miniatlas offers the following features:
* A large database of detailed and labeled pictures associated with Dermatology.
* Each illustration is accompanied by a detailed text explanation
* Close view (zoom in) of any section of the image
* Simple search - just type part of the keyword you are looking for
* E-mail of any image or section of an image
* It helps doctors communicate with patients more easily and effectively
* It works in portrait or landscape mode
Go ahead and download the Dermatology Miniatlas now!
In order to access this app you need to be registered with the Dermatology In-Review Online Practice Exam & Study System. To register now, please visit http://dermatologyinreview.com.
Educational Testing and Assessment Systems (ETAS) produces high quality, Board-relevant exam preparatory study systems in multiple medical specialties, including the Dermatology In-Review multi-component study system. Features of Dermatology In-Review include a comprehensive Study Guide, accessible in both the print format and the electronic, searchable CD-ROM, as well as the companion Online Practice Exam & Study System; available at DermatologyInReview.com, the online companion is ideal for a customizable learning experience. Dermatology in-Review is available free of charge for resident and re-certifying dermatologists, and provides all the essential information needed to prepare for exams in an engaging, interactive format.
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Dermatology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, fills that void quite effectively. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 82 dermatology related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
REQUIRES a VisualDx subscription; see below for details.
Covering more than 1,200 pediatric and adult conditions represented by over 25,000 images, VisualDx combines expert medical knowledge, standardized terminology, intelligent search, and the best medical images to deliver concise and accurate answers. Designed to assist physicians and enhance patient care, VisualDx aids in the identification of dermatologic, infectious, genetic, metabolic, nutritional and occupational diseases, benign and malignant growths, drug-induced conditions, and other injuries. The VisualDx system allows physicians to search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or look up drug-induced adverse reactions by medication – all at the point of care. VisualDx Mobile is the ONLY professional medical app to show disease variation with MULTIPLE images of each disease.
With VisualDx you can:
* Visually confirm a diagnosis by comparing medical images to your patient’s presentation.
* Quickly search by disease for next steps on management and patient care.
* Build a custom differential based on your patient’s signs, symptoms, and other key findings.
* Review ICD-9 codes, diagnostic pearls, best tests, and more, right at the point of care.
* Build a visual differential of medication-induced diseases by drug for over 700 medications.
* Provide on-the-spot patient education with real medical images.
Over 1,500 hospitals and clinics use VisualDx to aid diagnostic accuracy, enhance medical education, and improve patient outcomes.
Go to www.visualdx.com/visualdx AT YOUR INSTITUTION and click “Get our free app… Learn how” to register for a personal VisualDx user name and password to use on your Android device.
CURRENT subscribers: use your existing user name and password with VisualDx Mobile.
NEW subscribers: sign up in the app to start using your VisualDx free trial.
- Social network sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Friend Stream, Wordpress
- Bluetooth, E-mail and SMS sharing
- Open abstract page in default webbrowser
Meeting App Features Include:
* Session information including location, time and speakers.
* See what sessions are currently going on with the “What’s On” feature
* Exhibitor information and exhibit hall floor plan
* Access to session handouts and our online session evaluations
* Attendee information and messaging
* Social media access, and much more!
1. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy
2. Hurwitz Clinical Pediatric Dermatology: A Textbook of Skin Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence (Expert Consult: Online and Print), 4e
3. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine, Eighth Edition, 2 Volume set (Dermatology in General Medicine (Fitzpatrick))
4. Lookingbill and Marks' Principles of Dermatology, 4e (PRINCIPLES OF DERMATOLOGY (LOOKINGBILL))
5. Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology - Expert Consult - Online and Print, 11e (James, Andrew's Disease of the Skin)
6. Clinical Dermatology: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 5e (Clinical Dermatology (Habif))
7. Dermatopathology: Requisites in Dermatology, 1e
8. Dermatology: Quick Glance
9. Dermatology for Skin of Color
10. Surgery of the Skin: Procedural Dermatology (Expert Consult - Online and Print), 2e
11. Dermatology: 2-Volume Set, 2e (Bolognia, Dermatology)
12. Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice, Second Edition
13. Lippincott's Primary Care Dermatology
14. Handbook of Dermatology: A Practical Manual
15. Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE APP
• The free Skyscape app comes loaded with a valuable package of medical resources, including drug information, medical calculators and clinical information on over 850 topics.
• You can purchase any of more than 600 premium resources in 35 medical specialties and access all of them from within this one convenient app.
• Robust features include SmartLink™, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
INCLUDED FOR FREE
• RxDrugs: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool), pill images and over 400 integrated dosing calculators. This resource also includes formulary information covering 5,000 health plans in all 50 US states.
• Archimedes: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
• Outlines in Clinical Medicine: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
• MedAlert™: In-context and specialty-focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and other information, fully integrated with the app’s global search and SmartLink.
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 respected publishers and content providers to offer a virtual “greatest hits” of the most trusted medical resources, regularly updated to ensure you have the most current information at your fingertips. Popular premium resources include:
• 5-Minute Clinical Consult
• Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual
• Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
• Rosen and Barkin's 5 Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
• Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
• Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy
• Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
• The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
• Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
• Journal Watch
POWERFUL TOOLS TURN INFORMATION INTO ACTION
• SmartLink™ – Empowers your natural thought process by cross-referencing all consulted resources, from initial patient interaction to diagnosing, treating and prescribing.
• Content Updates – Skyscape resources are continuously updated so you can be confident that you have the most up-to-date available.
• SmartSearch™ – Patented dynamic search finds the information you need, even when you don’t know where to look.
• Algorithms – Clinical decision trees guide diagnosis and treatment choices.
• Integrated Calculators – Power on-screen calculations directly from your research topic.
• Flowcharts – Transform complex algorithms and protocols from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools.
• Full Color Images – Bring conditions to life and incorporate clickable “hotspots” to identify structures.
Skyscape customer support is always available to help get you up and running.
• Email us using a convenient form on www.skyscape.com/support.
• Call us at 888.759.7227. We're available 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (US EST) Monday through Friday.
• View installation guides and feature demos at www.skyscape.com/support.
Get expert help now and get healthier skin!
The Skin MD Now app enables you to get your skin problems treated or get any skin-related questions answered by Dermatologists.
Dermatologists are Skin Doctors who are experts in treating conditions of the skin, hair and nails. They treat both medical and cosmetic (beauty/skin aging) issues. Dermatologists can diagnose skin conditions accurately and then treat them with prescription medications which work much faster than any over-the-counter meds.
The Skin MD Now app is very easy to use, safe and secure. Within a few hours, you will get an answer, and pick-up any prescriptions at your local pharmacy. If your problem warrants, you will be seen in person in the office, much sooner than calling and waiting for an appointment.
- Take one or more photos of your skin problem
- Provide basic info
- Select Skin Doctor (Dermatologist)
- Pay doctor's listed fee (usually cheaper than a co-pay, driving, taking time off work, etc.)
- Get diagnosed & treated
- Pick-up any prescription meds at your pharmacy
Dermatologists are experts in all skin, hair, nail conditions, both medical and cosmetic.
Some conditions that you should get treated by Dermatologists include - acne, moles, warts, eczema, psoriasis, skin cancer (melanoma, etc.), rash, itching, dry skin, hives (urticaria), fungal (tinea) and bacterial (impetigo, boils, staph, MRSA) skin infections, cold sores (herpes), Shingles, bug bites, poison ivy, skin allergy, scars and keloids, vitiligo, hair loss (alopecia), excess hair, dandruff, nail fungus, sarcoidosis and lupus, hemangiomas and skin conditions of newborns, infants and children, sun spots, sunburn and sun protection (sunscreen, dangers of tanning, sunless tanning), skin cancer surgery (Mohs) and skin rejuvenation (lines, wrinkles, dark spots, aging), Botox®, fillers (Juvederm®, Restylane®, Radiesse®), cosmetics, lasers, chemical peels, etc.
The Skin MD Now app is safe, secure and HIPAA-compliant.
For additional questions, please see FAQs at - https://www.skinmdnow.com/faqs.html
This app is also available on iTunes, or the website (www.SkinMDnow.com) can be used to get help from Dermatologists.
Skin MD Now uses Teledermatology (telederm) to connect Patients and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) with Dermatologists (Derms). Skin MD Now helps patients wherever they may be located, and whenever a skin problem arises.
Dermatologists can also use the Skin MD Now app to consult with other Dermatologists, or send images to Mohs surgeons or Dermatopathologists securely.
Dermatology and the Skin is a fully-featured flash card app that includes:
+ Main Deck
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble.
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
Perfect for doctors, paramedics, nurses, medical students or anyone interested in medicine!
Download Dermatology and the Skin today because your education can't wait!
Keywords: derma, dermatology, dermis, skin, rash, bumps, hives, redness, swelling, edema, psoriasis, dermatologist
Covering the full range of conditions, from rashes, to skin lesions and disorders of the hair, nail and mucosa, Fitzpatrick's is a unique combination of text, clinical reference, and color atlas-one that gives you the best quality and most varied images of skin disorders available anywhere.
- Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology is a collection of five individual modules:
- Nontumorous Skin Diseases
- Skin Tumors (Benign and Malignant)
- Systemic Disease Skin Signs
- Skin Infections
- Diseases of Hair, Nails, Mucous Membranes, and Genitals
- Intended for all physicians and other health care providers, including medical students, dermatology residents, internists, oncologists, and infectious disease specialists dealing with diseases with skin manifestations
- 900 high-quality full-color images
- Consistent format featuring key facts pertaining to epidemiology, clinical manifestations, physical exam, diagnosis, and treatment, each paired with several clear images to show how the condition appears
- Greater emphasis on depicting conditions and disorders across a wide range of skin types
- New sections include:
# Pitryiasis rubra pilaris
# Palmoplantar keratosis
# Nevus lipomatosus superficialis
# Acquired digital fibromatosis
# Skin signs of renal insufficiency
# Skin reactions in organ transplantation
# New therapeutic recommendations, including biologic agents for eczema and dermatitis; new regulations for retinoids; and herbal
More from developer
Die POIs werden grafisch mittels Sprechblasen dargestellt. Wenn man eine dieser mit dem Finger berührt, erhält man eine Kurzbeschreibung des ausgewählten Orts und die genaue Entfernung (Luftlinie). Bei abermaligen Tippen auf den POI, wird der Anwender zu einer Website weitergeleitet, die – für die Darstellung auf Smartphones optimiert – zusätzliche Informationen enthält. Zu diesen Informationen zählen eine umfangreichere Beschreibung, eine Video-, Audio- oder Foto-Datei, die Möglichkeit direkt bei diesem POI anzurufen, dessen Website darzustellen und sich zu diesen Punkt zu Fuß, mit dem Auto oder den öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln navigieren zu lassen.
Für die Reibungslose Funktion des Asparn Guides benötigen Sie die Apps Wikitude und Google Maps.
Der Asparn Guide wurde im Rahmen einer Diplomarbeit der HTL Mistelbach entwickelt.