The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation is pleased to bring you this app full of resources relating to NMO. NMO stands for neuromyelitis optica, originally known as Devic’s Disease. NMO is currently an incurable but treatable autoimmune disorder. The body’s immune system attacks its own healthy cells, most commonly in the optic nerves and spinal cord. Whether you are a patient, an advocate, or a clinician, this app is sure to help you stay informed with the latest in research and information.
- About NMO - Get the NMO basics with the latest in NMO information, videos, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Diagnosis - Learn more about the latest scientific and medical insights into adult and pediatric disease, imaging, laboratory tests, and potential relationships of NMO/SD to other autoimmune diseases.
- Videos - The NMO video library includes patient stories, questions about NMO, seminars from our NMO Roundtables, and more.
- Latest Research - Stay up-to-date with access to fresh peer-reviewed research that has been made available and open-source.
- Advocate Resources - Find access Support Groups, the Patient Resource Guide, and more.
- Clinical Trials - Learn more about clinical trials, including how to participate.
- My NMO Notes - Keep all of your NMO related notes and thoughts in one place.
- Find an Expert - Browse this organized database of over 200 doctors with awareness and experience in NMO.
- Blood Bank - Everything you need to help us with blood samples and/or clinical data donations for our Biorepository. Blood samples and clinical data are vital for NMO research.
- Accessibility Settings - In addition to native VoiceOver ability, you can modify font size and font thickness with accessibility settings.
The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation is proud to be a source of information about NMO. Our comments are based on professional advice, published experience and expert opinion, but do not represent therapeutic recommendation, dietary recommendation or prescription. For specific information and advice, consult your personal physician.
Any reference to a commercial or noncommercial product, process, service or company is not an endorsement or recommendation by the The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation.
The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation does not endorse or recommend products, services or manufacturers. The The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation assumes no liability whatsoever for the use or contents of any product or service mentioned.
The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation is not responsible for the contents of any “off-site” Internet information referenced by or linked to the The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation’s Internet site.
This website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Use of all photo images and graphics on our website is strictly limited to The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation’s use only. Downloading, printing, reprinting all photo images and/or graphics contained in this website is not permitted.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
Changes to Terms