Capture is a free-to-use CO2 tracker that helps you learn more about emissions from everyday mobility and dietary choices.
You'll be able to automatically track transportation emissions thanks to our GPS-based algorithm that will help you keep track of journey modes and estimated journey times on-the-go! Whether you’re taking a car, bus, plane, or bicycle, Capture can use GPS information (with your permission) to predict CO2 emissions & provide you insights into your Carbon footprint from travel.
Capture's here to help you towards a sustainable lifestyle, whether through carbon-conscious travel & food choices, learning more about climate change via our weekly-updated learning section, or optional verified offsets. We are available to use in over 100 countries - download Capture and start tracking, reducing and removing CO2 emissions today!
As a start-up, we're always on the lookout for additional features and improvements. Please do let us know your thoughts and ideas via our review section, and a member of the team will come back to you!
Using Capture is easy. If you're interested in calculating your carbon emissions from travel & food choices in real time, here’s how it works:
- Download and create an account by answering a few questions about your lifestyle, helping you set a monthly target based on a 7.6% reduction (that's the amount we all need to decrease emissions between now and 2030 to keep a 1.5 degree warming target!)
- Switch on GPS tracking (we wipe all GPS points every 24 hours and never share your data without explicit permission)
- Review live CO2 emission information whenever you want, and see the breakdown from your different mobility choices
- Choose your favourite CO2 offsetting project (verified by GoldStandard or the American Carbon Registry)
- CO2 offset-as-you-go at the end of each month. You’ll get a monthly receipt by email.
... Capture can work for you in any part of the world, however the accuracy of carbon emissions calculation may vary a little depending on where you are using the app.