The App contains over 250 articles, which are split into the following categories:
★ Criminal Damage
★ Public Order
★ Anti-Social Behaviour
★ Sexual Offences
★ Traffic Law
★ Police / Courts
★ Sporting Offences
★ Use of Force
★ Human Rights
★ Miscellaneous Offences
POINTS TO PROVE
Legislation articles include the points to prove for the offence.
Handy guides that include GOWISELY, ADVOKATE, PEACE interview model, Conflict management model, Arrest Conditions, FPN codes, PND codes and more.
You can search from within the App by subject and key words that will then display all the relevant articles for your search query.
EMAIL and PRINT
There is also the facility to email each article so that you can then print it off – very useful for points to prove in interviews!
The App contains offences from Acts of Law that apply in England and Wales (Although some of these acts also apply in Scotland and Northern Ireland).
Pocket FedRep is a quick reference guide to information relating to those frequently asked questions about UK Police Regulations & Determinations. Borne out of a need to know what an officers rights and entitlements are for those times when your local federation representative is unavailable.
As Crown Servants police officers do not have access to industrial rights and their role is unique in society. Contrary to popular belief however police officers do have rights and entitlements enshrined in Police Regulations and Determinations. Pocket FedRep sets out to answer those frequently asked questions that officers regularly ask.
In addition contact details for all police federations in addition to links to their websites, Facebook and Twitter accounts will help for those times when the question for which you need an answer cannot be found, as well as providing in built navigation to their offices.
Despite police regulations being enshrined in law there are always local variations and interpretation of what regulations and determinations actually say. We have endeavoured to make the information as generic as possible. With this in mind there may be occasions when information contained within this program may not provide the whole picture. Know who your local rep is and make use of them for definitive guidance.
At a time when self-appointed experts seem to have too much influence over policing knowing your rights and insisting on them will ensure that the best police service in the world does not get taken for granted and your demanding role receives the recognition it deserves.
All the information contained within this software can be obtained freely by searching the internet. The payment provides us with an incentive to ensure the information is maintained and updated regularly and accessible in one place.
Designed by existing police officers, Pocket Sergeant enables you to;
* Search criminal law definitions and points to prove in England & Wales by name and Act / Section
* Learn whether there is sufficient to charge a suspect (offence specific)
* When a crime report should be submitted (offence specific)
* Customisable Contacts section containing police force and partner agency telephone numbers
* Keep your work life separate with the built in Calendar
* Assistance when writing witness statements
* CCCJS Codes for many offences
* Reference Library to view PDFs offline such as the PACE Codes of Practice
* Email articles for printing
* Add a pin code for privacy
* Use Quick Scroll icons to find what information you want more quickly
* Increase / decrease font size
* Get In Touch section to offer any feedback
Please visit our website and check out our blog at: www.pocketsergeant.co.uk
NB - Pocket Sergeant covers UK law only
The content of Pocket Sergeant is provided for general information. The owner and developers do not accept any responsibility or liability for its use. By downloading and using Pocket Sergeant you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
v1.3 Update notes -
We’ve got some great new updates in v1.3 including;
- NEW! Bookmarks! You asked, we listened! Now you can bookmark your most used documents and keep them handy in a separate list.
- NEW! Updated crime information! Some old and dated documents removed and / or edited. New crime information added such as Power to Issue Community Protection Notices, Failure to Surrender Property, Airwaves National Status Codes and MORE!
- NEW! Extra documents added to the reference library.
- Huge performance improvements. Pocket Sergeant will now be even slicker on your device.
- Layout improvements
- Minor bug fixes
As always, if you find any issues with the app on your device, please get in touch through the “Get in Touch” section in the app and provide us with as much information as possible including the make / model of your device and operating system version it is running.
Thanks for downloading Pocket Sergeant and enjoy the new updates!
The Pocket Sergeant team.
- Fines Calculator
- Overweight Vehicles Calculator
- Speeding Reference Grid
- Excess Alcohol Calculator
- Drink Drive Disqualification
- Adjournment/LASPO 2012 Community Order Calculator.
This app provides access to a LIVE and constantly updated online database of UK Legislation, Aide memoires and other useful information.
PC Plod is designed to be a useful reference tool for serving officers and staff with in England and Wales.
* Articles have collapsible sections to make it easier to read on small devices
* Articles contain points-to-prove, extract of the legal section from UK law
* All articles can be bookmarked for easy reference later
* All articles can be searched
* View articles by category or View articles by Act & Section
* Tag View search helps find the most popular articles
* Customise the article viewing
This app needs access to the Internet because the database is a live hosted database. Some of the database is cached locally for performance reasons. In addition this application needs permissions to the device itself in order to detect the status of the network connection.
Most of the material in this App and online database is subject to Crown copyright and is used under the terms of the Open Government Licence. Please see the About page in the page for full terms and conditions regarding usage and copyright.
UK Police officers will find the app of most use and there is plenty of useful information in there, including offence definitions. It will be updated regularly so please email if there is anything you would like adding.
Road Traffic legislation
anyTide predicts tides from a combination of gauge and model data from around the North Western European Shelf, with particular focus on the British Isles.
Pins show the locations of the tide gauges in the UK National Tide Gauge Network.
The 3D computer model developed at NOC then fills in the gaps between the gauge observation points, with a 1.8Km feature resolution.
With this model, anyTide really can provide a tidal prediction at any point along the UK coast to the nearest 1.8Km.
Note that Tides at a bookmarked location can be viewed with no network connection required.
The tide chart features are:
* zoomable from 12 hours to 3 weeks
* swipe right or left to scroll time periods
* auto and manual height scale from 5m to 15m
* long press to access precise time / height data
The app is free to download. In this state it will provide tidal prediction for all points for the current day.
It will also give tidal predictions for the point (N 53.433 W 3.100). This is just off the Liverpool coast close to the original Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory founded by Joseph Proudman and Arthur Doodson.
A calendar year's worth of predictions for all the British Isles can be purchased from within the app.
Displayed times are shown correctly in GMT or BST, depending on the date.
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
http://www.nerc.ac.uk/about/ is the UK's main agency for funding and managing research, training and knowledge exchange in the environmental sciences.
Our work covers the full range of atmospheric, Earth, biological, terrestrial and aquatic science, from the deep
oceans to the upper atmosphere and from the poles to the equator.
The National Oceanography Centre
http://www.noc.ac.uk/about-us" is a fully-owned research laboratory of the Natural Environment Research Council.
Our world-class research includes:
* physics of estuarine, coastal and shelf sea circulation
* wind wave dynamics & sediment transport processes
* global sea level science and geodetic oceanography
* marine technology & operational oceanography
* We live on an ocean dominated planet - two thirds is covered by water. The oceans directly affect our planet's climate and ecosystems. They are all undergoing massive changes; we need to discover and understand more about them. Our science and research is now more important and relevant than ever.
The National Tidal and Sea Level Facility (NTSLF)
The National Tidal and Sea Level Facility (NTSLF) was established in 2002 to reflect the importance of national sea level monitoring to the public
and government, as well as to the academic community.