'iVolunteer for Chennai' app is an app-based platform aimed at connecting people who wish to volunteer to help rebuild the flood-hit Chennai city with aid-seekers and other agencies.
The app offers the following features:
- Help volunteers register themselves to offer help to the victims
- Help organisations and companies search and utilise services offered by the volunteers
- Help aid-seekers search for and avail help offered by the volunteers
Below are some of the key features available in the platform:
- The platform is app-based putting it right into the hands of the aid-seekers so that they’ll be able to use it when and where they need help.
- The form is deliberately kept simple allowing the users to fill in very few fields (the bare minimum information) to get registered to offer help.
- The aid seekers are exempted from registering themselves to search for and avail help.
EASE OF USE:
- The platform plots the location details on a map that makes search (for the volunteer’s location) easier for the aid-seekers.
- The users are given options to manage multiple services (offerings), and also allowed to choose their preferred area of choice (for delivering help) for each of the services.
- The platform is ‘dynamic’ allowing the users to update their availability details either temporarily or permanently.
Here is an MIT post that features 'iVolunteer for Chennai’: http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/blogs/adminexplore/2015-2.html
For more information on 'iVolunteer for Chennai', please visit our website www.LateraLogics.com.
To share your feedback and suggestions on this app with us, or to build a custom 'iVolunteer' app for your city, town, or village for disaster relief and rebuild operations, please write to us at Arjun@LateraLogics.com