Insulin Converter is a tool helping the conversion to and from different types of insulin, including rapid acting, short acting, long acting, premixed and inhaled, as well as insulin regimens and inhaled regimens.
The app provides an insulin index with the most common trademark names and their international denominations.
The converter is completely portable, so as to be used offline in areas where an internet connection is not available. It is also ad-free.
How it works:
1. Choose the diabetes type (1 or 2).
2. Choose the insulin type you want to convert.
3. Type the total daily dose of insulin, expressed in units of insulin (UI). If there are multiple doses (injections) of insulin per day (prandial, basal or premixed), the total daily dose is the sum of all doses of insulin over a period of 24 hours.
4. Choose the insulin type you want to convert into.
5. Press the “Convert Insulin” button.
6. The resulting value is the total daily dose of the chosen insulin (expressed as well in units of insulin). In case of premixed insulins and insulin regimens, the app will show additional information regarding the dosage. If the conversion is not possible, the app will show an alert.
The results provided by this app do not replace medical expertise, judgment or advice, and the adjustment to the clinical context is required. Therefore this app does not replace a visit to the doctor.
All rights reserved. The app and its content are protected by copyright.