Have Grace read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a US English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Grace can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
- Automatically turn on/off when headphones are plugged/unplugged.
- Enable/disable a persistent notification when Out Loud is on.
- Choose TTS engine, language, speech rate, and speech volume (relative to media volume).
- Optionally show a dialog with the notification that is being read along with the app name and/or app icon.
- On/off widget for your homescreen (1x1 or 2x1).
- Optionally disable when the screen is on and unlocked or when the device's ringer is set to silent or vibrate.
- Choose what part of the notification to read: ticker text, main text, or both.
- On a per-app basis, select the text to read and the language to use.
Note: only one app may be enabled at a time while you are evaluating Out Loud. Purchase the Out Loud unlocker to enable as many apps as you want.
Other advanced features available after purchase of the unlocker:
- Profiles. Manage groups of enabled apps for different situations. Automatically select a profile when headphones or bluetooth are connected.
- Blacklist. Define a list of words that will prevent a notification from being read.
- Substitutions. Substitute "lol" with "ha ha ha" before a notification is read.
- Scheduled events. Schedule times when Out Loud should turn on or off, or schedule times to switch profiles.
Out Loud can be managed with automation apps like Tasker or Trigger. Launch these activities to change the on/off state of Out Loud:
Launch this activity to choose a profile:
To change the on/off state through a broadcast intent, send a broadcast with these details:
[state] can be on, off, or toggle
To choose a profile through a broadcast intent:
Data: out_loud://select_profile?profile=[profile name]
Exported Tasker tasks:
Read it loud! SMS Reader does just what the name suggests - once activated it receives all incoming SMS messages and reads them out over your phones speaker. This can come very handy if you are driving in your car or just lounging around on your sofa with the phone lying a few meters away ;-)
Limitations of Basic Edition (compared to Premium Edition):
* No Icon in your phone's status bar.
* No interactivity: You cannot interrupt the app while reading a message.
* No interaction with third-party apps like profile managers
If you experience any problems with using the app please contact us prior to issuing negative ratings on the market. That is the only way for us to solve your problem!
Please note: This app needs a working Text to Speech Engine (TTS) installed on your phone. If you start the app for the first time it will check for a working TTS, if none can be found you will be taken to the Play Store to install a FREE TTS engine.
Explanation of permissions:
RECEIVE_SMS is needed to read SMS content on arrival
READ_CONTACTS is needed to translate incoming phone numbers to names
WAKE_LOCK is needed to wake the telephone up from standby when a message arrives and keep it active while reading.
More from developer
If you ever need to respond to a message while driving, use this app.
You just say what you want to text.
It will read out loud what you said and ask for a confirmation to send it.
New to this app is the car mode which enables the phone to read the text to you out loud.
Give it a try
Make sure that you speak clear.
Does Not work on 1.5
★ Easily access your contacts list
★ Use your voice to send text messages
★ SMS message is sent in 3 taps
★ Works up to 5 times faster than typing
New: ** Enable Car Mode to listen to your most recent text message while driving and reply with your voice **
• Just talk to send texts in English
• A convenient way to send SMS messages
• Send messages to any cell phone
• Use car mode to listen to your messages received
It's an easy app that calculates marijuana weight conversions, has tree rage comics pulled from Reddit, as well as beautiful photos of nuggets, and pictures of hot babes getting baked.
**Widdly Scuds has been banned from Amazon and Iphone!!! You can only get it on Google Play**
This is the updated version of Widdly Scuds, an application that easily lets you view tree rage comics, calculate common marijuana conversions, check out smoking hot girls, and much more.
★ View photos of many different strains of marijuana
★ Stoner rage comics that you can touch to zoom in and out
★ Trees Gone Wild with pics of sexy stoner girls
★ The weed rage comics and pics update daily
Good feedback will help me polish this app up.
Keep blazing everyone and support genuine people! Be Happy!
Ranked #16 on Top New Paid Apps on Google Play
Tags: rage comics, weed, marijuana, ganja, stoner, stoned, 420, joints, girls, reddit, pot, calculator, tree comics, trees, nuggets, widdly scuds