Developed for you by SpotFire to make life a bit easier for wildland firefighters.
To use this app, you need Fahrenheit and Feet for your units. Input your Air Temp, Wet Bulb Temp, and Elevation and mash the button, your RH Value as a percentage will appear on the screen. Simple as that.
Thank you for your feedback.
This app has NO ads, NO permissions and requires NO network connection once installed.
The RH CALC is also available in the SpotFire IRPG and SpotFire IRPG-FULL
Keywords: Firefighter Professional, Wildland fire, Search and Rescue, EMS, First Responders, Law Enforcement, Police, Sheriff, Deputy, Volunteer, National Guard, Spot Weather, Forecast, Meteorologist, Science, Home Owner, General interest.
- Friction Loss Calculator: An easy way to calculate your hose lines for different types of hoses
- Hydrant Flow: Calculate the maximum discharge flow of your hydrants
- Tanker Shuttle Calculator: Calculate how much water can be transported to a wildlandfire
- Portable Pump: Calculate the real flow of your portable pumps
Calculate with metric units (Liter) or US units (Gallons).
Have a look at the training video for this APP and you can clearly see how it will improve your firefighting career!
*** Get the Innovative FireFighter CalcTool APP NOW! ***
Quick data entry is paramount when determining what to pump on scene. Input on mobile devices can be tedious and sometimes difficult when forwarding the latest joke to your crew. Now imagine typing all the hose lengths, various flows and nozzle pressures when your at the “big one”! You can’t delay and recalling rote memorized hydraulic formulas can be difficult at 3am.
Most of the app is structured in a step-by-step fashion leading to the eventual calculated data, I.e. PDP, FL, etc. It was designed to be intuitive and easy to use. Please let me know what you would like to add, change or otherwise improve as this app is for you.
I'm rapidly developing and hope to add some seriously cool features for my brothers and sisters in the fire service across the globe. Stay connected!
The Hazen–Williams equation has the advantage that the coefficient C is not a function of the Reynolds number, but it has the disadvantage that it is only valid for water.
Input parameters are flow, pipe diameter, lenght of pipe and C is a roughness coefficient, known as William Hazens coefficient, with values between 90 (more rough pipes) and 140 (smooth pipes, ex PVC).
You can select between imperial (U.S. customary units) and metric unit (International System of Units).
If you want to take into account the pressure loss in fittings and valves, and the selection coefficient C for each material, then find our version of the application pro at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transparentblue.headlossplus
This is the free edition of this calculator and it is supported by ads. I have done my best to place the ads in a manner that does not interfere with the app itself. If you have any problems with ads overlapping app content, or find any other bugs please email me at the address below.
I have plans for a paid version that will include many more features, an improved interface and I will remove the ads.
Thank you and enjoy!
(1) Hazen-Williams equation and equivalent length (Le) method for valves and fittings.
(2) Darcy-Weisbach equation and equivalent length (Le) method for valves and fittings.
(3) Darcy-Weisbach equation and resistance coefficient (K) method for valves and fittings.
The program is capable of computing major and minor friction losses with various built-in valves and fittings selections.
- Add [+] row after the specified row number.
- Delete [-] row at the specified row number.
- No limitation for the number of rows that can be created.
- LongClick feature on the input textboxes (Q, D, L, Le/D or K, C or e) for selections.
- Valves and fittings can be put on a separate row by itself, if you prefer to see the friction loss contribution separately.
- Each row (pipe) is calculated and presented separately for velocity, reynolds number, friction factor, friction loss and summation of pressure drop.
- Built-in comprehensive lists of valves and fittings Le (equivalent length) or K (resistance coefficient) selections.
- Built-in various pipes DN or ID selection.
- Built-in Hazen-Williams C coefficient or pipe roughness e selections.
- Set preferences for flowrate unit, maximum velocity limit and Hazen-Williams C coefficient or pipe roughness e.
- SI or IP units setting.
- Save input data.
- Open input data.
- Save results.
- Built-in text file viewer for result file.
The first of its kind in a familiar spreadsheet table style on Android, this multiple Pipes Pressure Drop (mPPD) calculator is intended to lessen your routine and tedious engineering work.Tremendous engineering effort and extensive time has been spent to develop this comprehensive application for all engineers and designers.
For worked example and result comparison with Darcy equation, see website at
All credit for the calculations used in this application goes to http://www.firebreak.com.au
Please Note: The developers of this application take no responsibility for the accuracy of the calculations and no liability for any decision made as a result of the calculations.
Obtain the head loss from several systems and anywhere,
Head Loss Calculator é uma calculadora de perda de carga robusta, ágil e de fácil aprendizado.
Calcule a perda de carga de diversos sistemas e em qualquer lugar: inside the plant, in a boardroom or even in the classroom.
Needful app for engineers, engineering students or teachers.
Set the start and the end of your system, create your diagram, define the params and done! The head loss is calculated in few seconds.
The app contain several acessories:
- Standard 90º elbows.
- Orifice plates.
- 6 different kind of valvules.
The app was developed at the Federal University of the Rio Grande do Sul, at the Chemical Engineering department.
Doubts? Suggestions? Bugs?
Get in touch!
The motor & pump calculator are flexible tools in which the user can enter any three known values to have the remaining values calculated. Values include: displacement, oil flow, pressure, rotational speed, torque, and motor power. Both mechanical and volumetric efficiency values are used.
Cylinder characteristics can be entered in a number of different ways. Enter hydraulic flow, cylinder velocity, or stroke time and calculate the other two. User can also enter Hydraulic pressure, extend force or retract force and have the other two calculated.
One application for this is to measure the stroke time of a cylinder. By entering this with the bore diameter and stroke length, the system flow is calculated.
Speed - Torque - Power page: Enter any two values have the third calculated. Unit conversions built into the page.
Calculations can be done in either metric or imperial units.
Results can be copied to the clipboard in a text format for use in e-mails, messages, or other documentation.
Basic unit conversions are also available.
Choisissez le type d'établissement, le nombre et le type de lance, la longueur des tuyaux, le débit de chaque lance, le dénivelé etc..
L'application calculera pour vous la pression de refoulement à l'engin et vous donnera tous les calculs intermédiaires.
Utile pour les conducteurs pompier ou pour vérifier que l'on a correctement résolu son exercice d'hydraulique.