Ahora disponible en español.
-- Featured by Firechief.com (11/14/12)
-- Featured by Wildlandfireleadership.com (10/2012)
-- American Red Cross Releases 'Wildfires' App, Helps You Keep Your Cool When Things Get Hot – AndroidPolice
-- One of the top 51 new Android apps – AndrioidPolice (10/2012)
--Red Cross Wild App Brigs Help at the Touch of a Screen – Occupational Health and Safety online
-- Red Cross Wildfire App Brings Help at the Touch of a Screen – Shetechonline
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
-- Permissions --
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you wildfire alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
* NASA Terra and Aqua satellite observations for the last 24/48 hours
* Beautiful 400+ megapixel true satellite imagery of the Earth
* Quick and easy panning and zooming on the map using standard gestures
* Map overlay with country and state borders and populated areas
Wildfire Map is ad-supported and FREE for anyone!
* Enable positioning in Android settings to enable "My location".
* Slow Android devices may experience a slight delay when starting the application.
* Exit the app using the home button to speed up re-opening the app.
* An internet connection is needed to update fire location data every 60 minutes.
* The map imagery is built-in - no additional downloads required besides the initial installation and fire location updates.
DISCLAIMER: Wildfire Map is intended for educational purposes only. Never use Wildfire Map to protect yourself, other people, animals or property from natural disasters like a wildfire or other threats the app may indicate. In case of emergency, always obtain and follow instructions from the appropriate authorities.
The Advanced Fire Monitoring System (AFIS) is a satellite-based fire information tool (afis.co.za) that provides near real-time fire information to users across the globe. The AFIS app integrates the various AFIS services in a fully-featured, easy-to-use mobile application.
• Today's fire danger index displayed on a map for locations you define, including your current location.
• Fire danger forecasts based on daily numerical weather forecast inputs (e.g. wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity) and fire statistics for your locations, or wherever you drop a pin on the map.
• Satellite-detected real-time active fires displayed around your defined locations.
• Current vegetation “curing” or dryness relative to 14 years of satellite-derived vegetation greenness data.
• Detailed information about detected fires (e.g. intensity and time of detection).
• Fire history showing a location's fire events in the last 14 years in relation to historical vegetation curing using graphs, as well as statistics such as fire count, frequency and time since last burn.
• A fire danger calculator which allows anyone with access to weather information to calculate their own fire danger ratings based on their local measurements.
• Share observations of fire with the community by uploading geotagged photos to the AFIS Web Viewer. (Photos are available after being moderated.)
• A global map of fire counts for the last 14 years.
AFIS now provides global fire information, but if any data seems to be missing, please let us know at email@example.com. Please note that land cover is only available for the United States and South Africa.
Plus this is the only app that shows hi-definition animated past, current and future-radar in a single continuous sequence on a fluid responsive map without having to press a single button.
Plus this is the only app that can instantly show predicted rain start/stop times for any point on the map.
Plus this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Plus easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- RadarCast - our proprietary realtime future-cast technology that lets you see hi-definition radar one hour into the future
- Rain start/ stop times for any point on the map
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Severe weather warning boxes on the map
- Storm Tracks on the map with detailed storm information
- Hurricane Forecast Tracks on the map with detailed information
- Wildfire locations on map with detailed information and firefighting updates
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
- Select opacity of radar images to your taste
- Read Area Forecast Discussions issued by your nearest NWS forecast office.
- Check your local radar site's hardware operational status from within the app
- See images from upto 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam. Also, push-notifications for rain will not work reliably in Hawaii, Guam and Alaska. Aviation Sectional Charts are not available for Hawaii.
- This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Currently the app shows weather and forest fire risk for the whole of Europe and flood risk in Germany, France, England and Wales
Download the 4 Warn Weather app for fast, accurate local and national weather at your fingertips. With its personal alert notifications, you'll know when significant weather is heading your way and when to take cover. And when you are traveling, use 4 Warn Weather to get real-time weather forecasts, interactive radar and current conditions for anywhere in the U.S.
The 4 Warn Weather app utilizes the most advanced radar maps, weather and digital technology available. With its easy to use interactive radar, you can take control and see where the storm is now and where it is tracking. Then, set customized alerts to keep you and your family informed and safe.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Buffalo, NY
- The latest video forecast from 4 Warn Weather
- Current weather conditions for Buffalo, NY and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- Closings and delays for Buffalo, NY
- Live streaming video from News 4