• LISTEN to your favourite LIVE ABC Radio Stations
• Missed your favourite live program? LISTEN to the PODCAST
• + SUBSCRIBE to PODCASTS to easily access them later
• Discover podcasts by station and genre
• SAVE PODCAST EPISODES for offline listening – great for saving data and for when phone reception is poor
• Quick access to My Recent Stations, My Podcasts and My Saved Episodes
• Use the sleep function when you go to bed
The App also offers track and program information; weekly schedules; and sharing on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
• All current podcasts, plus previous episodes, as found on iTunes, are available, that is podcasts from over 150 programs.
• ABC Local Radio, including: 891 ABC Adelaide, 612 ABC Brisbane,666 ABC Canberra, 105.7 ABC Darwin, 91.7 ABC Gold Coast, 936 ABC Hobart, 774 ABC Melbourne, 1233 ABC Newcastle, 720 ABC Perth, 702 ABC Sydney
• RN (ABC Radio National)
• ABC Classic FM
• ABC Classic 2
• ABC NewsRadio
• triple j, triple j Unearthed, Double J
• ABC Jazz
• ABC Country
• ABC Grandstand, ABC Extra
• Special event stations – e.g. Emergency broadcasts, festivals, speeches and addresses, celebrations and commemorations, big unfolding stories and small conferences discussing big ideas.
These are all the ABC Radio stations that currently have live radio streams for the web or mobile.
• v1.0 streams ShoutCast mp3 at 96kbps, which uses about 43 MB/hour.
• All other versions stream ShoutCast AAC+ at 64kbps, which uses about 29 MB/hour. Note that ShoutCast AAC+ at 64kbps has comparable audio quality to ShoutCast mp3 at 96kbps.
* Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.
The ABC Radio App v2 is designed for devices running Android 4.0 and above.
Because some content needs to be restricted at various times to Australia only, the app may check your location to ensure that you're in Australia.
We value your feedback; please send us compliments, suggestions and criticisms. Please contact us using the Email Developer link.
We have used the latest Android SDK and have tested the app on a wide range of Android devices, but if you have any issues we would really like to hear from you with details of your phone, Android version and problem.