Please, contact us if you have any problems with the app, or if you want to give us feedback!
You can find information about:
• Circle of fifths
• Note values
• Symbols (dynamics, articulation etc.)
There are four different exercises available:
• Intervals - listening exercise
• Chords - listening exercise
• Note Reading - reading exercise (treble and bass clef)
• Intervals - reading exercise
Everything is free except "hard" and "expert" for the exercises. To unlock those difficulties you need to purchase the full version of Music Theory Helper. You can purchase the full version from inside the app. We really appreciate if would do so.
In-app purchases - Our app requires this permission, so you can purchase the full version, which unlocks some extra features for the app. This is a great way to show us that you appreciate our work ;)
This app uses:
It was developed by two college professors who employed network modeling to help clarify how many of the basic concepts in music are connected by simple, interrelated patterns.
ScaleNet's melody-game incorporates a large library of diverse melodic phrases which provide a constantly changing "real world" note-ID environment. The skill sets developed through the use of ScaleNet are applicable to Traditional, Popular, EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Classical music.
ScaleNet provides interactive learning spaces associated with:
--Keys and their graphic layout on the staff (mirrored in touch-pads).
--Simple key relationships: Major, relative minor and parallel minor.
--Complex key relationships--and how harmonic progressions are nested within their natural order.
--Note identification employing treble, alto, and bass clefs within all keys in a timed play-environment.
--Ear-training through simple additive melodic phrases which are spontaneously sequenced
and which can be used for interval identification.
--Post-game statistics which allow the user to track ongoing progress.
ScaleNet's simple, intuitive, interface allows the user to focus on musical processes and ideas.
ScaleNet's "key-sphere" technology redefines the traditional circle of 5ths revealing new harmonic relationships.
ScaleNet's ear-training and sight-reading game integrates key information through touch-pad mirroring.
This installment features more ways to customize your exercises including creating your own scales and chords, rhythm training exercises, and more coming soon wrapped up in a beautifully designed perfectly smooth application.
- Interval exercises
- Scale exercises
- Chord exercises
- Rhythm exercises
- Melodic Dictation
- Theory articles
- Scale Dictionary
- Absolute pitch training exercises: identify a note, sing a note
- Custom exercises, custom scales, custom chords
Each exercise can be performed on piano or guitar.
What are the permissions for?
- Accounts - app needs to securely access our servers to retrieve exercises data. For maximum security, a Google OAuth is used. None of your personal data is stored on the server and account information is required only to establish a secure connection. In future versions accounts will be used to enable synchronization of your progress between all your devices.
- Internet - app needs to access internet in order to update exercises data. Updates are infrequent and have extremely small download size.
- Network state - application needs to check network availability in order to maximize efficiency of its battery consumption.
Attention! Users from Sweden with Nexus 4 4.4.4. If you're experiencing random touches issue in portrait orientation - please contact our support email.
• single notes
• intervals up to octave
• chords including 7th, open voicing, inversions...
• scales including all major scale modes, neapolitan scales...
Many different clefs (treble, bass, soprano, baritone, mezzo-soprano...)
Use Practice or Test mode.
Visual design of this application is based on similar one "Music Sheet Workout" by aTekkie. Added some missing features like tenor key, Italian note naming, etc.
Music Sight Reading is an Open Source application. Source code of application is published under GNU GPL v3 licence and can be downloaded from GitHub:
Contains a set of exercises for ear training:
- 7 Exercise types
- Scale viewer tool
- Absolute pitch trainer tool
- Different instruments: piano, guitar, bass
Review by AndroidTapp.com:
"Perfect Ear is an ideal app for a musical enthusiast who want to improve their accuracy in identifying musical sounds. It’s easy to use, features a beautiful user interface and lots of exercises and tests."
Free version limitations:
- Less tasks in each section
- Limited support
Many thanks to a great musician Stephen Chadwick (http://www.stephenchadwick.com) for his help with samples for the "Realistic Piano" plugin!
This application was NOT developed by Social Jitney as they claim on their site. Developer and designer of the app is Alexander Osmanov. Social Jitney is using other developers successful apps to promote their services.
ear training, solfeggio, solfege, music, musician, singing, aural skills, music education, pitch training
The quiz games included in MTSR work this way:
1) The program ask a question, which is shown on a panel (question panel)
2) The user answers, using another panel (answer panel). If the answer is correct, a sound is played, corresponding to the question made; if not, a failure sound is played.
These are the included games:
1) Read staff: The programs draws a staff in question panel, and a note in its position. The user must answer with a keyboard (piano or buttons)
2) Write staff: The program shows a note name in question panel. The user must answer using the answer panel (which draws a staff) dragging the note to its correct height.
3) Key signature: The program shows a staff with some key signature, and the user must answer, choosing such key within a keyboard.
** Game modes
1) Timed tests: during the selected time interval, the user answers questions. Correct and wrong answers are accounted, and when the time is over, a score (based on correct&wrong answers and time) is shown.
2) Study: the user answers questions without any time limit. In this mode, the "Learn" button is available, and it changes program behaviour.
3) Learn: in this mode, the user touches the answer panel, and the program shows the question (or questions) which would have been answered by given answer.
** Notation Systems
- English (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- Italian (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si)
- German (C, D, E, F, G, A, H)
** Time options
Game time can be chosen. If "0" is chosen, the game has no time limit and "Learn" mode can be activated.
Stored results from previous tests can be shown.
** Key and Range options
Three clef types can be chosen:
1) Treble clef
2) Bass clef
3) Grand clef (union of Treble and Bass clefs)
For every one of the three clef types, a range can be chosen:
a) predefined, to be choosen between 6 ranges
b) manually defined by user
** Accidental options
There are three accidental modes:
1) Natural: only natural notes are to be asked
2) Simple: natural, flats and sharp notes can be asked
3) Key signature: questions are made, in the context of a key.
Natural mode has no associated options.
Simple accidentals asks natural or accidental notes. The user can choose between only sharps, only flats or both.
Key Signature mode lets the user choose one or more keys. If more than one key is chosen, every new question changes the key randomly.
In this mode, the user can choose between two question filters:
A) Diatonic: only notes belonging to the current key are asked.
B) Chromatic: any note will be asked (whether or not it belongs to current key).
** General options
For "Read Staff" game, the user can choose the type of keyboard for answering:
1) Piano keyboard (with or without note names on keys)
2) Buttons with note names.
The main difference between both keyboards lies on enharmonic notes.
With piano there is no difference between, for example, F# and Gb, but with buttons, they can be differenciated.
Sound volume is adjustable (and muteable)
User can choose the program behaviour when asking a question wrongly:
A) A new question is made, even when previous one has not been correctly answered.
B) The same question is repeated, until the users answers correctly.
MTSR is designed to work in any screen orientation (portrait, landscape), and screen sizes (phone, 7" tablet, 10" tablet). Help is included.
Learn and enjoy with MSTR!
- Efficient music theory courses to teach you how to read music notes fast and easily.
- Logical learning - A coach system guiding through the learning step by step.
- A flexible approach on music notes - with Letter or Latin names.
- Practical exercises on the staves simulating real situation to optimize your learning.
- Improvement of ears through identification of notes
With 190 terms to practice for Music theory examination in a simple user interface. It can help students practice for music theory exam. More features will be coming soon, please try and provide feedback.
The circle of 5ths is a handy tool for music students and musicians. It is a diagram, which consists of dozens of keys, used in music theory that helps students to understand the key signatures and their relationships.
Memorizing and visualizing the diagram is highly recommended.
- Design: a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Runs fast: instantly displays all keys and exits quickly.
- Works in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Complete Key signatures with sound.
Created by musician/music educator.
Move away from rote memorization techniques and learn how to read music notes in a natural and engaging way. Note Trainer is a fun game that teaches you to recognize music notes through sight reading practice. The Note Trainer game increases in speed and difficulty over time so that you can truly learn to read music effortlessly. Sight reading practice has been shown to be very effective in helping people learn how to read sheet music. In fact, 86% of piano teachers rate sight-reading as a highly important skill.
Note Trainer replaces traditional music flash cards and was developed in collaboration with a distinguished award-winning member of the North American Music Teachers Association and in consultation with a touring member of the Canadian National Youth Orchestra and soloist for the Hamilton Symphony.
* Sight reading practice for 3+ octaves of music notes between treble and bass from A1 to C5
* Great for those who want to learn to read music as well as those challenging themselves to increase the speed at which they can read piano sheet music
* Practice mode (option to turn on or off note labels and labels on piano as you learn how to read music notes)
* Game mode to challenge your skills at an increasing difficulty levels
* Treble clef and Bass clef modes including flats and sharps
* Track your scores and see when you’ve exceeded your personal best
* Achievements and badges to measure progress in sight reading
* Full statistics to show where you are making mistakes and note reading accuracy
* Great for learning how to read piano sheet music as well as sheet music for other instruments
* This version of Note Trainer is ad-free
KW: Note trainer, sight reading practice, sight reading, how to read sheet music, learn to read music, how to read piano sheet music, how to read music notes, sight reading piano, piano sight reading, sight read music, learn musical notes, music note flash cards, music flash cards, music note reader, basic piano, learn to read music notes, piano game, learn music theory, learn sheet music, music trainer, learn music notes, learning music notes, musical game, learn piano notes
The game shows a position on the fretboard. The goal is to enter the correct note for that position. If it is correct, another question is made.
The game can be timed. It counts correct and wrong answers, and when the time is over, it shows a score based on results. This can be thought as a 'test' or 'exam' mode.
For non-timed games, a 'learn' (or 'study') mode is available. When activated, entering notes makes the correspondenting position(s) to be shown on the fretboard.
Notation can be CDE or DoReMi.
* * * * * * * *
This is the Lite Version of MusicTutor FretMaster. The full version features:
- Play game, quich requires to position notes on the fretboard.
- Full 12-fret fretboard.
- Fret/String range selection.
- Bass (4/5 strings) preset.
- Natural-only notes mode.
- Three notation systems: English (CDEFGAB), Italian (DoReMiFaSolLaSi), German (CDEFGAH).
The Mozart Effect [Mozart effect] is the specific characteristics, such as Mozart's music when listening to music ensures great court refers to the phenomenon well studied. Concentration as well as increased intelligence, improve brain activity is promoted through various research turns out to be. Beautiful melody and relieve stress and calm to reduce the mistakes.
Why can not I study? I have difficulty concentrating? Did a lot of stress build up? Do not worry about this. Listen to classical music when I study well you have. Study! Classical music is played in various sayings that floats your study you will burn more motivated.
Study, work, relationships and other things cause you stress and high tension, I recommend these musics to you
▶ The Mozart Effect
The first research conducted in California, USA, 1993 (州) University of California, Irvine (UCI) of Rauscher (Frances Rauscher). Prof. Rauscher found that listening to music of "Sonata for two pianos in D major (K 448)> Mozart (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) will improve brain activity and prove theory of intelligence. College student who are listening to the music score higher than who didn't (Source: Doosan Encyclopedia)
Because Mozart's music is highly structured it can actually leverage Mozart's students score in the temporal and spatial reasoning ability test to 48% or higher than other students.
▶ Effect of Baroque Music
Rosa Bulgaria Smirnoff psychologist Georg instrumental to the spread of the Baroque period and let the real class of student learning improves speed and memory dwaetdaneun announced the results. Time of about 60 beats per minute, with a music extracted human nervous because it almost coincides with the pulse rate. Baroque music is good music, baroque music prenatal rhythmic bass when people are resting heart rate is similar to the sound of the mother and the fetus to feel peace of mind.
The higher the concentration, the human is the most calm and EEG alpha waves when it comes to listen to Bach or Mozart produces alpha waves in our brain are activated motion look while also increasing concentration, emotional stability can be obtained.
Most popular in the Baroque period of music is repeated a certain uniformity in the structure of the base and have a regular rhythm and tempo counterpoint made on the basis of systematic technique that scholars are so regular and unity because the rhythm of the music they produce alfalfa In particular, argue that effective.
Learn to play any instrument and how to read music is a difficult task that requires lots of practice. But the practice don't have to be boring. Rhythm teacher it's the perfect tool for your music education. This rhythm game teaches you how to read music in a fun and easy way. It's perfect for your rhythm training! With a bit of practice on every level you'll learn that sight reading is easier than you thought. It's like having a music school on your device.
In this application you'll learn from how many beats are contained in each bar and which note value is given to one beat, to advanced concepts in reading music. Improve your music sight reading with the exercises ranging from easy 4/4 simple rhythms to complex compasses of two rhythmic lines at the same time. This app includes the definition for every music concept introduced in increasing difficulty, from beginner to pro.
Also, you can log into your Google play account to measure your progress with other players.
• Simple and understandable explanation for every new music rhythm concept introduced.
• Fun rhythm game experience for practicing the exercises that will teach you how to read music.
• Polyrhythm exercises with two lines at the same time.
• Gradual progression on the difficulty of the music theory concepts introduced.
• Leader-board with the scores acquired to watch your progress.
• Can be used by any number of different users.
• Google play support to post your scores online.
• A new way to practice for your instrument: Piano, violin, guitar... Even if you are a drummer/percussionist.
★ Note and rest duration: whole (semibreve), half (minim), quarter (crotchet ), eighth (quaver), sixteenth (semiquaver).
★ Dotted notes.
★ Tied notes.
★ Off-beat notes.
★ Simple time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4...
★ Compound time signatures: 6/8, 9/8...
* Inglés: Rhythm Teacher
* Español: Ritmo y solfeo.
Sight-reading notation is an important skill for all musicians. To develop your sight-reading ability takes a lot of practice playing scores and exercises that are not already familiar to you. Notation Trainer is designed to help you do exactly this.
Notation Trainer generates sight-reading exercises tailored to your exact requirements. Choose the clef of your instrument (Bass, Tenor, Treble, or Alto), choose the key signature, set the range of pitches that you want to practise and set the maximum size of the interval you'd like between notes.
Click start and play the notation exercise that scrolls across your screen, on your instrument. Adjust the speed of the notes using the onscreen slider.
Notation Trainer generates a sight-reading exercise of a series of notes for you to play on your instrument. Notation trainer is designed for use with all tuned instruments.
- Alto clef
- Treble clef
- Tenor clef
- Bass clef
- All 15 key signatures
- Ability to set range of notes for each exercise (up to three and half ledger lines above/below stave)
- Ability to set maximum size of interval between notes (2nd to octave)
- Adjustable speed
- No ads
- Low cost
- No gimmicks
- Simple clear layout
Use Notation Trainer every day in your practice sessions and watch your sight-reading ability.
Please note that this Notation Trainer a learning tool for aspiring musicians that are serious about improving their sight-reading; it is not a game. If you are looking for a game then this is not for you!
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are in any way dissatisfied with this app, contact us within 24 hours of purchase for an immediate refund.
This sight-reading app is designed to run on all Android smartphones. Because there are nearly 2000 different Android devices in the world, we can't test them all. If you do have a technical problem with your device, please don't leave a bad review, it's far more useful for all of us if you just let us know. We'll then do our best to address it asap or refund your payment.
Thanks and happy learning.
Guitar Fretboard Trainer is a learning tool designed by guitarist Stuart Bahn for aspiring guitarists. It is the best and most efficient way to learn the guitar fretboard.
Guitar Fretboard Trainer prompts you visually and with spoken audio, to find randomly generated notes on your guitar fretboard. Start with a single string then as your skills develop progress to two strings, then three, right up to all six strings of your guitar.
Set the time between each prompt using the onscreen slider to make the tests challenging but achievable. You will progress quickly and soon see the benefits of your training.
- No ads
- Low cost
- No gimmicks
- Simple clear layout
- No music-reading skills required
- Suitable for all guitar types and bass guitar
Guitar Fretboard Trainer is not a game; it is an learning tool for aspiring guitarists, created by guitarist and educator Stuart Bahn.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are in any way dissatisfied with this app, contact us within 24 hours of purchase for an immediate refund.
This app is designed to run on all Android smartphones and tablets. Because there are nearly 2000 different Android devices in the world, we can't test them all! If you do have a technical problem with your device, please don't leave a bad review, just let us know and we will do our best to address it asap or refund your payment.