1)Quick Mode ( with dropdown menus)
2)Manual Mode ( with edit boxes )
Also now supports Custom 1 and Custom 2, user editable custom settings for quick retrieval, ideal for multiple camera setup.
Has option to select teleconverters, automatically corrects focal length and apertures.
Quick Mode, lets user select most common settings using drop down menus for easy, quick and convenient selection.
Manual Mode lets user enter values manually for maximum flexibility and professional users.
Reverse Mode, takes Near Focus and Far Focus distance values and calculates all the possible combination of focal lengths and apertures to achieve the entered values.
Aperture Mode lets user select Camera, Focal length, and Subject Distance, and calculates resultant depth of field against all aperture values.
Supports more than 200 SLRs, DSLRs and Compact Cameras from Canon, Nikon, FujiFilm, Kodak, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung, Sigma, Sony, Four Third System, 35mm Film, Medium Formats, Large Formats, Blackmagic Cinema, Red, Super 16, Super 35, and many more
Last used settings are automatically saved.
SHORT CLICK on text to change its unit (meters, cm, feet, inches, etc)
LONG CLICK on C1 C2 to edit saved values.
This app contains Ads.
Wheels are used for selecting aperture, focal length, focus distance and unit of focus distance which makes testing of different settings very fast and simple.
The unit of the calculated results as well as the focus distance can individually can be selected to be m, cm, feet or inch and all last used settings are saved.
If you are missing a camera/sensor or have any other request, contact me and I will help you.
With a well-designed, easy to use UI, you can easily configure your shooting parameters and view all the relevant focus information at one place. HyperFocal provides quick setup for calculating hyper-focal distance with depth of focus. It includes an advanced graphical representation of the shooting scene, for a quick & intuitive view of the information.
With the latest update, now you can obtain Angle of View and Field of View values for accurate composition and preparing your photography gear for specific scenarios.
The app can also generates hyper-focal distance table for different f-numbers and lens focal lengths for your camera setup. The app includes a highly configurable hyper-focal distance table generator module to produce customized tables for your camera/lens combinations. You can export hyper-focal distance tables to multiple file formats including html & excel and save/share these for later use.
There is also has a convenient 'profiles' feature, which let you save/re-load shooting parameters. Profiles let you quickly switch between different camera/lens/shooting parameters combinations to save time while switching between your camera gear. You can also save various 'table profiles' to save hyper-focal distance tables for different set-ups.
A comprehensive, regularly updated DSLR database is included to provide support for every DSLRs released till date. The app provides highly accurate results using exact image sensor dimensions for different cameras (most online versions use generic, truncated values of 'circle of confusion'). HyperFocal is designed to ensure availability of advanced configuration options for pro users and serious photographers.
- Sleek, responsive, intuitive user interface.
- Customizable hyperfocal distance table generator.
- Advanced graphical scenario viewer.
- Depth of field / Angle of view / Field of view display.
- Profiles for management of multiple set-ups.
- Easily share, export to multiple file formats.
- Manual circle of confusion / calculate by sensor size.
- Comprehensive DSLR database, regularly updated.
- Complete documentation for technical concepts.
- 100% free, without nagging banners.
1. First 3 COC entries are customizable - select one and then press "Edit Camera" from the menu. Enter circle of confusion value and the dimensions of your sensor.
2. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of apertures
3. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of focal lengths
4. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of subject distances
5. Tab for showing the FOV for the range of focal lengths
1. Depth of field
2. Hyperfocal distance
3. Near and far limits
4. DOF in front and behind subject
5. Rectilinear angle of view for the chosen camera and focal length
Inputs for (press and drag left and right to scroll the values):
1. Units (meters, feet, centimeters and inches - swipe the top panel left and right on the first tab to switch units)
3. Focal Length
4. Subject Distance (long press selected value when units is meters/feet to input additional centimeters/inches)
5. Teleconverter (1.4x, 1.5x, 1.6x, 1.7x, 2.0x, 3.0x)
1. Showing custom COC Values only
2. Hiding the teleconverter input
3. f-stop increments, f-stop range start and end
4. Adjusting maximum subject distance
The app includes three tools:
1.The calculator of the depth of field (further – the DoF-calculator).
2.The calculator of the exposure pairs.
3.The calculator of the sunsets time and the sunrises time.
Difference from full version:
1. You can not restrict the range of values in DoF
2. You can not restrict the range of values in Ev-Pairs
3. You can not search location on the map by address or coordinates.
The DoF-calculator will be helpful at the landscape shooting that needs the maximum depth of field. If you’ll choose the model of your camera and will set the aperture’s value, the focal distance and the distance of the focusing action, you’ll find distant both near limit of the sharpness and the hyperfocal distance. You’ll get the maximum depth of field in shot by focusing at this hyperfocal distance.
The calculator of the exposure pairs is being the special value at the shooting at night time when the built-in exposure meter is lacking for the calculation of the correct time of the exposition (built-in exposure meters can calculate exposure up to 30 seconds only).
Simple example: you wish to shoot the night landscape. The built-in exposure meter shows, that the exposure will be equal to 30 seconds at ISO = 1600 and the aperture = 5.6. But your camera has digital noise at ISO = 1600. If you’ll reduce the sensitivity to ISO = 400, exposure time will be 2 minutes and you’ll cover the aperture to 11, the exposure will increase up to 8 minutes. Photo Tools is created for the calculation of these parameters. The app is able to calculate the exposures up to 512 minutes.
The calculator of sunsets and sunrises allows to find out the time of their beginning. It gives this information about any place of our planet in any day.
It is recommended to have a look at the instruction before the using Photo Tools.
You’ll not find advertising in my applications, because they’ve developed for my own use.
Photo Tools is distributing under the license GPL v3. You can receive the source code of the program under the link: https://github.com/yankovskiy/PhotoTools
If you can help with translation into other languages, or you have ideas and offers, or you have found an error in program work, write e-mail to me, please: email@example.com
Rudy Dordonne (rework EV-pair kernel)
Calculates and simulates the depth of field and background blur (bokeh) on a photo including perspective distorsions and diffraction effect. It also visualizes the DOF range.
You can choose from 4 ultra high resolution backgrounds, 8 models of different height and 10 kinds of bokeh.
Parameters that can be set:
- lens focal length
- sensor/film size or camera model
- distance of the model and the background from the camera
The application calculates:
- depth of field range
- background blur size
- hiperfocal distance
- diffraction effects
All changes in parameters directly affect the preview - you can easily observe thieir insluence on the resulting photo. Saving the parameters sets on a list allows to directly compare the outcome of different equipment configurations.
Comprehensive help and a guide that presents all the features helps to undertstand the meaning of all presented parameters even for beginner amateurs of photography.
Would you have always with you an expert in photography to take your pictures?
Download Photographer. An expert photographer in your pocket.
It suggests the optimal settings for your camera and equipment to be used to make great photos based on what you want to photograph.
- How tos to take nearly 60 different categories of photos: Portraits, rainbows, fireworks, the moon, etc..
- Photographic poses for couples, men and women, groups etc..
- Tutorial for advanced photography
- Special photo tools like Depth of Field Calculator (DOF calculator), Exposure Calculator (EXP calculator), print size calculator according to the size of the file or megapixels, Timelapse calculator
- Photography news reader
- Personal notes and personal settings
A great help for your beautiful photos!
This is a FREE app expandable with in app purchases.
This is the free version. Get the Donation version (search Photo Tools Pro) if you like it and want to support my work.
Tools available since v4.0
- DOF & Hyperfocal Distance Calculator
- Field Of View Calculator
- Exposure Reciprocation Calculator
- Flash Exposure Calculator
- Multiple Exposure Compensation
- Minimal Shutterspeed Calculator
- Bellows Extension Calculator
- Time Lapse Calculator
- Light Meter (using Camera & EXIF)
- Sunny 16 (EV) Calculator
- Blue & Golden Hour Calculator
- Moon Phase & Exposure Calculator
- Location Info
- Weather Forecast
- Color Wheel
- Color Temperature Chart
- Image Histogram Viewer
- Image EXIF Reader
- Photo Enlargement Calculator
- Sharpening Radius Estimator
- Level Indicator
- Check Lists
- Note Pad
- Grid Overlay Camera
- Gallery for Inspiration
- Web links
Calcular la profundidad de campo y la distancia hyperfocal de una manera rápida e intuitiva.
Mediante el uso de deslizadores y controles de ajuste fino, ofrece un cálculo de:
1) Inicio de la profundidad de campo
2) Final de la profundidad de campo
3) Total de la profundidad de campo
4) La hyperfocal
La focal y distancia pueden ajustarse libremente y la apertura puede controlarse en tercios de paso. Cualquier cambio en los ajustes ofrece un resultado inmediato.
FORMATOS DE SENSOR
Fast DoF no usa interminables listas de modelos de cámara. En vez de ello, te permite escoger entre las categorías de sensor más habituales (desde móviles a gran formato).
Centímetros, metros, pies(feet) y pulgadas(inche)
Contiene una sección de ayuda donde se informa sobre los términos teóricos.
No contiene publicidad, spam, etc, ni recopila información alguna sobre tu dispositivo. Es gratis.
Para cualquier duda o sugerencia, usa mi correo de contacto.
You can quickly select focal length, aperture and subject distance by using seek bar.
- Max focal length (20mm - 1200mm)
- Max aperture (f/2.0 - f/128)
- Max subject distance (10 - 5000)
- Display format (Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters, Inches, Feet, Yards)
- Override circle of confusion
- Constant for circle of confusion (1000 - 1500)
* Settings are available for ad free full version.
* Screenshots are for ad free full version.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish
Android 2.1 and up
You can set the focal length and f-value of lens, crop ratio of body and focus distance. Also it allows you the multiple settings to compare together. Each setting is easy to distinguish by specified unique color.
In two ways, focus distances can be set in a lump:
• Same length of subject - by considering the focal lengths and crop ratios, set the focus distances in assumption of taking pictures of specified subject with same size.
• Same focus distance - regardless of any factors, set the focus distances with the same value.
The result graph shows the size of the circle of confusion according to the distance between the subject and background, this represents the degree of background blurring effect. You can see the depth of field for each shooting condition visually.
(Permissible circle of confusion is 0.03mm for 35mm film and full-frame DSLR.)
DOF Expert helps you understand the optical characteristics of your equipments.
You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
Instant Guide to DslrDashboard by Dmitri Popov:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
Takes into account diffraction on an aperture for all colors in viewable range of wavelegths.
Contains predefined profiles for over four hundreds digital cameras and backs and over a thousand lenses manufactured by Canon, Epson, Fujifilm, Hartblei, Hasselblad, Kodak, Konika Minolta, Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Phase One, Ricoh, Rokinon, Samsung, Samyang, Schneider, Sigma, Sinar, Sony, Tamron, Tokina, Voigtländer.
- Simple depth of field.
- DOF vs focus distance.
- DOF va Aperture.
- Large list of supported camera models, DSLR, medium format and custom "acceptable circle of confusion" selection allowed.
- Different measurement units (meters, centimeters, yards and feet).
- Screen rotation supported charts.
- In English and Spanish.
Gestures enabled in the chart are:
- Drag with one finger to move the chart
- Pinch with two fingers to zoom out
- Spread with two fingers to zoom in
- Double tap to reset zoom