You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Only now descriptions of the city and of the first point of the route are free of charge. If you are satisfied with the application MONUMENTS OF KIEV, you can get access to further points of the trip for: 1,79 €.
Whom is this application for? Every trip is applied to the requirements of 4 groups!
After you choose a target group you can enjoy the attractions adjusted for a particular type of the trip.
MONUMENTS OF KIEV is a unique trip prepared by the inhabitant of the city and reviewed by professionals. TcTrips gives a new definition to the city tourism – out of its many merits you can find a great abundance of pictures there, descriptions of the route and points of the trip, Google maps and detailed information about each trip point. What's more, the application is available in 5 language versions: English, Spanish, German, Russian and Polish!
THE APPLICATION IS INTUITIVE
- user-friendly and intuitive, the application can be accessible to children as well as the elderly
- every trip is provided with the technical instruction of how to use the application („About the trip” section)
- you don't need to browse through the whole trip to get back to the main menu
- there is a clear layout with clear division between points, descriptions and pictures there
- thanks to a user-friendly browser you will be able to take a look at other trips from this city
- you don't need to exit from the application to take pictures and save them in the gallery
WHAT YOU CAN GET TO KNOW THANKS TO TcTrips
- information about country's current affairs, history of the city, various curiosities
- detailed descriptions of the points on the route
- free time suggestions in each of the points
- opening and closing hours, addresses of points and their availability
- information about the obstacles that may be encountered on the way by the handicapped or families with small children
- detailed description of the route from one point to the next prepared by the trip author – the inhabitant of the city and description of the route available with the Google map
- AR Trip function which helps to locate the points of the trip with the video camera of your smartphone; it is only possible to use AR Trip function if your not further away from each point of the trip than 10 km
- pictures of every trip point; the whole application includes hundreds of photos from all over the world
- the amount of time to spend in a particular place; proposed starting time (adjusted to the opening and closing hours of each attraction of the route)
AVAILABILITY OF THE APPLICATION
- every application is available in 5 language versions: English, Spanish, German, Russian and Polish
- every trip is applied to the requirements of 4 target groups: family, friends, couple, single
- trips are updated and regularly added to the TcTrips offer
- description of the trip and of the first point are free of charge, next points can be purchased
- after the purchase the route of the trip is available without time limits
You can find TcTrips application by entering keywords: trips, trip, travel, travelling, tourism, guide, sightseeing, Kiev
This is the only app you need when it comes to information about Kiev attractions.
Get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals for Kiev culture app lovers.
Download this app now!
Kiev (Russian: Киев) or Kyiv (Ukrainian: Київ [ˈkɪjiw] ( listen)) is the capital and the largest city of Ukraine, located in the north central part of the country on the Dnieper River. The population as of July 2013 was 2,847,200 (though higher estimated numbers have been cited in the press).,
Know more about Kiev! Download and get this app to have these exclusive features!
- A continuous, up-to-date non-stop flow of news and information about Kiev food.
- Get to know first-hand Kiev landmarks articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest Kiev products and deals!
- Read the latest articles and feedback on Kiev.
- Never be left out with Kiev best deals.
- Share Kiev news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
* This Kiev app will add a new icon onto your home screen that links to a mobile web page which helps fund and promote the development of this Kiev app. If you do not want to use this awesome resource, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we greatly appreciate your support.
Discover and download this free Kiev app now!
Use Kiev NOMADA Maps for downloading the guide of Kiev city (maps and places of interest) with your data or a WiFi connection. Next you will be able to browse all the information off-line, or at places where you don't have an Internet connection, using the free application NOMADA Maps
. You can also use Kiev NOMADA Maps for getting a maximum speed response for your searches and map browsing.
The application will first download the maps and places of interest to your phone, and then you will be able to see the city guide with NOMADA Maps without any data connection and no roaming charges.
NOMADA Maps features a full list of choices:
- View maps of the cities you download.
- View points of interest: Hotels, museums, restaurants, bars, hospitals, ATMs, shops, transport, ...
- Manage and view you favourite places.
- Manage as many cities as you wish to download.
- Look for places and streets near your location or near any other point of interest.
- Search for streets or points of interest by category.
- List all the places of a category (restaurants, cafes, shops, ...)
- Share your location or any place location through SMS, Twitter, e-mail, ...
- Get detailed information about places of interest (Name, Address, Location, Category, Telephone, Web, etc.).
So whether you are in Kiev for the weekend or for Euro2012 championship, I Love Kiev provides simple access to local information.
Important! Internet is needed for maps only, all the rest is provided without Internet connection and saves your money for roaming cost!
I Love Kiev shows you a complete list of all the business you may need during your stay in Kiev in the category you have tapped on along with the distance from where you are.
I Love Kiev allows text searching, for example searching by street where you are will show very precise local information.
We have included the following categories:
- Governmental services
- Transportation. Couriers. Post
- Hotels. Food. Shopping
World Offline Maps offers you the most popular mobile offline GPS navigation application.
High quality Kiev, Ukraine vector map is stored on your mobile device (no data connection required).
- High quality detailed vector map is stored on the phone
- Completely offline, internet is not required
- Full GPS support in offline mode
- 18 languages Turn-by-Turn voice guided navigation support
- 36 languages menu translation
- Lane Guidance
- Speed Limits
- Fast offline routing
- POIs search (point of interest such as restaurants, bars, museums, banks etc.)
- Address search (cities, streets and house numbers)
- Car, bike and pedestrian routing modes
- Bookmarks and favorite places support
- Find and Navigate to: Address, Contact, POI, Postal code, GPS coordinates and more
- Share your position with friends (via SMS text message, e-mail or GPS coordinates)
SAFETY AND USER COMFORT
- Speed Limit notification
- Compass feature
- Avoid Roadblocks, Motorways etc.
- Avoid Toll Roads
- Pedestrian and bike navigation modes
- Fully customizable navigation screen
- Day/night driving modes
- Map rotation feature
- Several map styles
- Customizable spoken warnings
- Switch languages
- Turn on/off voice guidance
- And many more features...
COMPATIBLE TO THE MAX
- Hardware Accelerated rendering
- Graphics optimized for tablet & HD devices
KEYWORDS: satellite, navigator, navigation, Kiev, Ukraine, gps, navigation, routing, car, bike, address search
Kiev,Ukraine,GPS,Navigator,parking map,city finder,city navigation,turn-by-turn,offline maps,state,mobile navigation,OpenStreetMap,world map,available offline,satellite,addresses search,car routes
☆ Find the lowest price on accommodation in Kiev, guaranteed!
☆ Compare room deals from all 389 hotels, B&Bs and hostels in Kiev, Ukraine.
☆ Check real customer reviews.
☆ Access all the lodging information in 39 languages.
☆ Get the price rates in 27 currencies.
All these being backed by our best price guarantee! If you find cheaper prices we will reimburse you the difference. Terms and Conditions apply, please read more at http://search.lowerhotels.com/BestPriceGuaranteePopup.aspx
Keep up to date and never miss the Hottest Deals!
* Find us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/lowerhotels
* Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowerhotels
* Visit our website: http://www.lowerhotels.com/
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Religious Tour (10 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (11 sights)
* Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra (9 sights)
* Kiev Museums (9 sights)
* Kiev Architecture (10 sights)
* South Pechora Tour (7 sights)
* Daily Life in Kiev (9 sights)
* Children's Entertainment (8 sights)
* Kiev Nightlife (7 sights)
* Kiev Shopping Tour (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Apart from the Metro there are two rapid tram lines, with the first operating from the Railway Station (Vokzal'na) to the western suburbs (Kil'tseva Doroha, 9.1 km, 1977). Running in the median of a major road, after 20 years of operation, the line was upgraded in 2009/2010. A branch to Mikhailsvs'ka Borschahivska, which has a more light rail type alignment, was added in 1984.
A second 6.7 km rapid tram line is in service in the district of Troeschyna in the north of the left bank now connecting Troeschina-2, a new station on the city ring railway, with the standard tram system at Miloslavs'ka.
Lines & History
Line 1: Sviatoshyns'ko-Brovars'ka Line - 22.8 km, 18 stations
In 1960 the first part of the first line opened between Vokzal'na (Central Station) and Dnipro. The latter station with side platforms is situated on the bridge over the motorway along the bank of the Dnieper river. After this station, eastbound, the line crosses the river on a dedicated metro bridge and continues on the surface to the eastern terminus.
6 Nov 1960: Vokzal'na - Dnipro (5.2 km)
5 Nov 1963: Vokzal'na - Zavod "Bil'shovyk" (now Shuliavs'ka) (3.3 km)
5 Nov 1965: Dnipro - Darnytsia (incl. metro bridge, 4.2 km)
4 Oct 1968: Darnytsia - Komsomol's'ka (now Chernihivs'ka) (1.3 km)
5 Nov 1971: Zavod "Bil'shovyk" - Sviatoshyn (4.2 km)
4 Dec 1979: Komsomol's'ka - Pioners'ka (now Lisova) (1.2 km)
7 Nov 1987: Teatral'na station (formerly Lenins'ka) added
24 May 2003: Sviatoshyn - Akademmistechko (3.3 km)
Although one more station at the western end had been planned to create a transfer to Novobilychi commuter rail station, no plans for extension of this line are foreseen before 2020.
Line 2: Kurenivs'ko-Chervonoarmiys'ka Line - 19.5 km, 17 stations
The second line was opened in 1976 between Ploscha Kalinina (later Ploscha Zhovtnevoi Revoliutsii and now Maidan Nezalezhnosti, transfer to Khreschatyk station) and Chervona Ploscha (now Kontraktova Ploscha). Between 1980 and 1984 the line was extended at both ends, with the first section of a longer southern extension finally being brought into service in 2010:
17 Dec 1976: Ploscha Kalinina (now Maidan Nezalezhnosti) - Chervona Ploscha (now Kontraktova Ploscha) (2.3 km)
1980: Chervona Ploscha - Prospekt Korniichuka (now Obolon') (4.4 km)
19 Dec 1981: Ploscha Zhovtnevoi Revoliutsii - Respublikans'kyi Stadion (2.1 km)
6 Nov 1982: Prospekt Korniichuka - Heroiv Dnipra (2.2 km)
30 Dec 1984: Respublikans'kyi Stadion - Dzerzhyns'ka (now Lybids'ka) (2.3 km)
15 Dec 2010: Lybids'ka - Vasyl'kivs'ka (3.8 km)
27 Dec 2011: Vasyl'kivs'ka - Vystavkovyi Tsentr (Exhibition Centre; 1.5 km)
25 Oct 2012: Vystavkovyi Tsentr - Ipodrom (1 km)
Line 3: Syrets'ko-Pechers'ka Line - 23.9 km, 16 stations
The third line also began in the city centre in 1989 and this line has been growing towards the south-east crossing the river on a bridge covered in an aluminium shelter:
31 Dec 1989: Zoloti Vorota - Mechnikova (now Klovs'ka) (1.9 km)
29 Dec 1991: Mechnikova - Vydubychi (4.4 km, without Pechers'ka)
30 Dec 1992: Vydubychi - Osokorky (4.2 km, without Telychka)
30 Dec 1994: Osokorky - Kharkivs'ka (2.6 km)
30 Dec 1996: Zoloti Vorota - Lukianivs'ka (3.1 km; L'vivs'ka Brama not finished).
30 Dec 1997: Pechers'ka station added
30 Mar 2000: Lukianivs'ka - Dorohozhychy (2.7 km)
14 Oct 2004: Dorohozhychy - Syrets' (1.4 km)
23 Aug 2005: Kharkivs'ka - Boryspil's'ka (2.5 km, without Vyrlytsia)