The Traduttore corsu application translates texts from French into Corsican. Respecting the polynomial character of the Corsican language, the translation is carried out in one of the three main variants of the Corsican language: cismuntincu, sartinesu, taravesu.
The performance of the Traduttore corsu application is regularly evaluated by means of an open test consisting of the translation of a pseudo-random text. This test involves translating the first 100 words of the "labelled article of the day" of the French wikipedia encyclopedia. Currently, the software obtains an average of 94% on this test.
Unlike statistical-based machine translation software or translation corpuses, Traduttore corsu is based on the application of rules (grammar, disambiguation, elision, euphony, etc.). This choice corresponds to several motivations:
▪ there is currently no elaborated French-Corsican corpus
▪ such a choice allows a better control of the artificial intelligence implemented and a traceability of the translation
A number of options are available:
- increase or decrease the size of the characters displayed in the text boxes of the text to be translated and the translated text
- paste text into the text box to be translated
- delete the text area to be translated
- change the language of the application interface: Corsican (in one of the three variants cismuntincu, sartinesu or taravesu), English, French, Italian, etc.
- choose between the separate (e.g. "manghjà lu") or grouped (e.g. "manghjallu") writing mode of Corsica
Disclaimer: Translations resulting from the Traduttore corsu application are provided "as is". No warranty of any kind, express or implied, but not limited to warranties of merchantability, is provided as to the reliability or accuracy of any translation made from the source language to the target language. In no event shall the author be liable to the end user for any claim, loss, damage or other liability, cost or expense (including litigation and legal fees) of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of this translator.