Watch a video of it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhsT3_IX2s&feature=youtu.be
This app has 20 popular CVC words in it and your child can tap the bubble to hear how to pronounce the letter using phonics. They must then work out what the word says and find the image that relates to the word.
Once correct the word will then be spoken.
ABC Phonics is full of interactive and dynamic learning games just right for your first ABCs!
- Fun phonics song animations from A to Z
- Interactive tracing game: Uppercase and lowercase letters
- 26 educational games to play with words
- Adorable photo frames for a memorable review
- Optimized for all smartphones and tablets
Enjoy songs, tracing, games and photo frames all together!
Alphabet fun never ends!
This application entertains kids with fun to learn:
Sight Words game
Image & word matching game
Phonics are taught to learn sounds and pronunciation of simple words
Sight Words – teaches over 300 most commonly used words for kids. These words are divided into two levels
Spelling Game – Fun game to find the spelling from scrambled letters
Matching game – Fun matching game to match images with corresponding word in a given word list
Kids Learning Phonics Lite(US English)
A to J in lite edition.
Kids Learning Phonics help preschool kids learn the appearance and pronunciation of each letter as well as how they relate to sounds while keeping them entertained. Kids Learning Phonics includes unique high definition graphics matched with cute sounds and high quality recordings of letters and words. This is the second of the Learning Alphabet Series.
Fun4Kids is committed to your toddler's education. This application includes 6 activities uniquely designed to reinforce kids' involvement and success by providing positive feedback while teaching the alphabet.
This application is specially designed for toddlers to enjoy with unique, fun graphics and cute sounds.
* LEARN: One tip to help a kid recognize the alphabet and numbers and become a successful reader is to read with him or her. This activity reads letters aloud to your child. It offers fun animated pictures and words with those letters to enhance the learning experience.
* WORDS: This application contains draggable letters which needs to be arranged to construct full words. There are images and sounds associated with each word and letter. Constructing words from available letters is a fundamental step in learning reading and its a creative and fun activity for preschool kids to improve vocabulary.
* FIND: In this activity, kids are asked to find the right word that start with the shown letter on animated fish. This activity helps kids to recognize familiar words accurately.
* TEST: This application contains the picture of objects. Kids are asked to pick the correct word for the displayed object. There are images and sounds associated with each word and letter.
* Ad-free, easy to Use, intuitive and kids friendly user experience
Fun4Kids Educational Applications are endorsed by thousands of satisfied parents, teachers and kids from all over the world.
Please reach us @ email@example.com for any feedback and support! We are committed to providing fun and educational experiences to support your kids' education.
This evaluation version offers 9 words (3 in level 1, 3 in level 2 and 3 in level 3). The open-ended movable alphabet with phonics-enabled letters is available with no limitation. This lite version does not contains ads (not good for kids!).
➜Top 50 Android Apps For Kids 2013 - SmartAppsForAndroid.com
➜The iPad/iPhone version was mentioned in the New York Times, Wired's GeekDad, and was awarded "Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design" by Children Technology Review.
Montessori Words helps kids learn and understand two fundamental concepts:
• First, the app helps kids understand that words are made up of sounds/phonics (phonemic awareness). For each word, your kids can touch the empty rectangles where letters must be dragged to complete the word, and hear the sound the corresponding letter(s) produces.
• Secondly, the app helps kids memorize the phonics associated with letters by providing a phonics-enabled alphabet where kids can touch each letter and hear the associated phonic.
Montessori Words allows you to select words according to their difficulty or sound categories.
• Level 1 displays a three-letter word with no difficulty for beginning readers (CVC words).
• Levels 2 and 3 offer more complex words that contains more complex phonics (as long vowels sounds or blends). • Alternately, your child can choose from 44 sound categories--choose words that contain a specific sound (for example, long a, “k” sound, and so on).
To create an enjoyable experience, the app also includes sounds, animations, and interactive visual effects that are displayed after a word is completed.
Choose capital, lower-case, or cursive letter display for a greater challenge.
Montessori Words also features a movable alphabet that allows open-ended activities for young children learning their letters.
• 9 word-image-audio-phonics combinations appropriate for ages 3/4 to 8 to help kids develop their reading, writing and spelling skills.
• Uses the proven Montessori learning method (Phonemic Awareness and Phonics).
• Phonics-enabled Movable Alphabet (touch a letter to hear its sound/phonic).
• Touch letters of a displayed word to hear the phonics used in the word.
• Select words according to difficulty (3 series - from CVC words to complex words)
• Choose capital, lower-case or cursive letter display.
• 21 fun and colorful interactive visual effects are displayed when a word is completed. Visual effects animate and change as they follow your child’s touch.
• Packed with animations and sounds to create a fun and enjoyable experience!
• Also included is a Movable Alphabet that allows open-ended activities for young children learning their letters.
• Children can play alone or with a parent. Includes instructions on how to use the game as an educational tool.
Phonics - Flashcards with voice to teach letter sounds
Letter Blending – Flashcards with voice to teach 2 letter, complex letter blending to reach words
Drawing / writing board to write, record and also email the writing
Right away, students are engaged in letter recognition accompanied by charming animations. Phonics Flashcards follow up each lesson. Students learn at a natural pace. New words are introduced right after teaching the individual phonetic components. Student then read complete stories accompanied by the beautiful original color illustrations of Robert Schoolcraft.
Comes with games and exercises including:
• Word Truckin’ - Load up your truck with the right letters, and she’s off!
• Train for Words - The train is coming up the mountain! But it need the right words to keep on chuggin’!
• Phonics Blender - Hear your own word creations with the Phonics Blender! Thousands of fun possibilities!
Other great features:
• Supports up to 10 students, and provides student progress saving and tracking.
• Teaches to visual, kinetic and auditory learners
• Designed for non-readers
• Accelerate students to first-grade reading level
• Includes special font for dyslexic readers
This app is authentic to the original school book, “McGuffey's Eclectic Primer Revised Edition”.
Invest in a reading tutor with infinite patience - “Phonics and Reading with McGuffey”.
Phonics Reader has a very clean design, It has alphabet tiles with sound which can be starting point for your child phonics lesson. It consist of 119 visual flash-cards with sound, your child can focus on learning the sounds and patterns that is used in phonics methodology. The visual flash-cards use simple image to prompt your child with the meaning.
using Phonics Reader children tap and swipe their way through the 119 sounds, each with an example word, learn to make the sounds themselves.
This is a fully featured free app that teaches beginning readers how to read, with a sample lesson on the sounds sh (/ʃ/), ch (/tʃ/), th (/θ/, /ð/) and ng (/ŋ/).
The complete version, available for online subscription at www.e-unik.com.my/online, has 8 lessons for Level 1 and 7 lessons for Level 2.
This app comprises 4 sections, viz.,
2. Word Smart
3. Let’s Practise
4. Let’s Say It
1. Lesson - Covers 3 crucial skills:
• Recognizing sound-letter relationship
Children are taught the phonemes /ʃ/, /tʃ/, /θ/, /ð/ and /ŋ/, and the letters that represent them. This knowledge is important in understanding grapheme-phoneme correspondence.
• Blending sounds to form words
Children are taught to blend sounds to form words. They say the sounds that make up a word and merge the sounds together until they can hear what the word is. This skill is vital in learning to read.
• Segmenting words into individual sounds
Children are also taught to segment, which is the opposite of blending. Children say a word and then break it up into the phonemes that make up the word. This skill is vital in being able to spell words.
Children also learn to recognize specific “tricky” words – words that are not spelt or pronounced according to the phonic “rules” that they are taught.
2. Word Smart
Covers lateral expansion of literacy development:
Children listen to two tongue twisters, two rhymes, and a song. The tongue twisters, rhymes and song have sounds that the learner has just learnt. Words are highlighted in red as they are read out.
3. Let’s Practise
Covers practice exercises that reinforce learning:
Practice 1: A listening skill practice that develops children’s phonemic awareness. It tests their ability to identify and distinguish phonemes taught. Children are required to match letters to their phonemes.
Practice 2: Children first listen to a word and then break it down to its constituent phonemes. The letters corresponding to the phonemes are then picked to spell out the word. This is a listening skill practice that tests children’s decoding ability.
Practice 3: A listening skill practice that challenges children’s memory. Children are required to pair letters and their sounds.
4. Let’s Say It
Covers sound recognition:
Six words are introduced for each phoneme taught. Children can tap on the words to listen to their pronunciation.
Help us improve this app. If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. We value your input; it can make a world of difference to the learning experience of children using this app.
e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phonics is taught in many schools around the world and is a way of learning to read words by putting together the sounds of the letters. This app is an introduction to those letter sounds and is aimed at children that are just starting to learn the sounds of the alphabet.
The next app in this series uses these phonics sounds to build simple three letter words. Later apps will introduce different letter blends and high frequency words.
It is free, ad free, and includes the whole alphabet. For the sake of simplicity, only one sound is included for each letter (short vowels, hard c and g).
The games include searching, choosing, listening and matching activities. They are designed to first introduce the child to the letters. They will see and hear each letter several times before needing to choose the right grapheme.
INFO: If you want to practise specific letters with your child(ren) you can unlock all the levels in the settings menu.
Keywords: kids, kindergarten, preschool, nursery, letters, alphabet, phonics, initial sounds
At the moment, we have 30 main phonics sounds with over 300 words, each of which is accompanied by at least an interactive animation, a high quality image and 3 fabulous audios. That makes our database to be one of the largest online phonics programs.
How does it work? In "ABC phonics: phonics for kids", each word is presented with an animation (with sound effects) that illustrates the meaning of the word. We follow a number of steps to teach your child how to sound out the word and letters phonetically. Firstly, we sound out the word slowly, then blend it slowly and finally blend it quickly. As sounds are pronounced, the corresponding letters are highlighted to help children master the phonics sounds. For each phonics sound, your child will have a chance to reinforce their reading comprehension by going through 7 different phonics games.
To those who are searching for how to teach phonics to your children or free phonics worksheets that your preschoolers can practice, your search ends here. This learning phonics program offers a fun with phonics way that you cannot find anywhere else. Our phonics games for kids are unique and so much fun that you do not want your kindergarteners to miss.
This ABC phonics reading app is not only suitable for beginning readers who learn to read common ABC alphabet phonics, but also first grade readers who are looking for supplementary phonics programs to their phonics books. In other words, it benefits not only the preschoolers but also little babies and toddlers as they will learn ABC phonics and pronunciation and enhance their reading skills in the journey of “learning to read” to be confident lifelong readers.
We offer free phonics games with three interactive word machines for letter sound "a" for all users. Once you have some ideas of how the lesson plans are organised in this phonics program, you can decide whether or not to proceed with other phonics sounds.
This app is contributed by many educators and teachers who have many years of experience in teaching phonics to little children.
+++ Features +++
- 7 different phonics games
- 30 phonics sounds
- 3 word machines
- Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education experts
- Delightful animations will help your children learn letters and words in a fun and engaging way
- Sound out each letter and word to help your toddlers to learn main phonics rules and letter sounds
- Enhance your child’s pronunciation and serve as speech therapy.
- Various fun and interactive phonics activities
- A rich, exploratory environment filled with surprises
- Funny, bright and creative artwork
What will my child learn from this phonics games app?
Your child will learn how to sound out main phonics sounds. They will have fun in reading phonics and develops their reading skills by decoding the phonics sounds. Various phonics activities will keep your child engaged to the program.
Download this delightfully interactive educational phonics games app now to enjoy your reading journey with us!
Phonics for kids is developed by Early Start Co. As we specialize in early education, our motto is, “Education starts at birth”. We believe that education should be joyful and engaging. We have helped many children to become confident early readers, and we can help your child to be one, too.
Have questions about Phonics for kids? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
* 5 Demo topics with 150 exercises - B-C-D-F lesson, X-Y-Z lesson, Short Vowels Review, CVCe lesson and sn-sp-st-sw blends.
* Full version has more than 1200 exercises using 15 different interactive games.
* Brief instructions for each topic, followed by many interactive games with voice instructions, phonics cues, and hints to reinforce the concept.
* Kids enjoy fun sound effects, interactive animations and rewards on completion.
* No third-party ads and No data collection.
Lessons start with consonant and vowel sounds for beginners learning to read. Later lessons cover advanced topics for older kids - Consonant Blends, Digraphs, Diphthongs, CVC/CVCe. Kids can do the lessons in order or skip ahead.
Each lesson is taught using multiple games such as -
* Locate the position of a phonics sound in the word
* Phonics Bingo
* Word arithmetic
* Pop bubbles
* Connect starting letter to image
* Memory game
* Spell the word game
* Word search game
* Flip cards to correct the spelling
* Break the word into Syllables
* Fill-in the missing letters in the word using its phonetic sound
* Select objects that make the given letter sounds
* Multiple games for sorting and ordering of objects using phonics sounds.
When we looked for apps to help teach our kids, we couldn't find any that were good. One was just information text for the kids to learn by rote. Another was multiple-choice tests - just press buttons. A third had 2 sound-tracks and 4 animations running all at the same time. How was a kid supposed to focus?
So, we designed and built them games - that teach in the way parents and teachers explain concepts, and engage in the way playing does.
Watch a video of it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhsT3_IX2s&feature=youtu.be
This app has 100 popular CVC words in it and your child can tap the bubble to hear how to pronounce the letter using phonics. They must then work out what the word says and find the image that relates to the word.
Once correct the word will then be spoken. Change your language settings to change the accent.
Stop the music option is available.
Lines can be drawn by dragging and dots can be added by tapping on the screen.
The erase button clears the canvas and the white color can be used to delete part of the painting.
Useful for any age group. Toddlers can just scribble on the white screen. Older children can practice writing, draw and paint pictures.
Children read simple words and choose the correct picture that matches with the word. They get immediate feedback. The audio helps them learn the words for the wrong answers. This helps them to improve their reading. They get virtual gifts for motivatiion.
The words used in this apps are CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant words)such as 'a cat' and 'a fan'. The multiple choice questions focus on initial sounds and final sounds.
Known Issues: In android 3.0 the screen size is not optimized. We are working on it.
Children learn to concentrate and be alert. They are exposed to the word 'a ball' and to tap on the ball they keep waiting for it and carefully look at it. This initial exposure to a written word with the picture representing the word will help them to get ready to read. They also get exposure to numbers through the scores they note.