Each entry contains a short one-liner about the critical care trial and key points, which includes only the most pertinent details, such as inclusion/exclusion criteria, treatment protocols, pertinent endpoints and findings, as well as expert commentary regarding key subgroup analyses or limitations to the trial.
Want to send a colleague a citation? Use the "Share Trial" button to send a PubMed link via email. Using this feature, it’s incredibly easy to share pivotal critical care trials with students, residents, and other colleagues.
The database features 83 landmark trials related to: ARDS, cardiac arrest, DVT/PE, delirium, glycemic control, heart failure, hemorrhage, meningitis, nephroprotection, nutrition, pneumonia, sedation, seizure, sepsis/shock, spinal cord injury, stroke, and subarachnoid hemorrhage – with more trials and topics to be added on a regular basis!
This app is designed and maintained by Sean P. Kane, PharmD, BCPS -- a clinical pharmacist specializing in critical care with a background in information technology and application development.
SCCM is the largest multiprofessional organization dedicated to ensuring excellence and consistency in the practice of critical care.
The Oxford American Handbook of Critical Care provides an evidence-based quick reference guide to the specialty, including therapeutic and monitoring devices, drugs and fluids, and specific organ system disorders and complications. It gives fast and reliable answers to questions that practitioners and trainees encounter in the ICU. The iPhone version uses concise, bulleted text, illustrations, and tables via keyword search and book marking.
• Puts daily ICU management guidance at your fingertips
• Problem oriented
• Detailed and authoritative
• Quick reference format, yet comprehensive coverage
Authors: John Kellum, Scott Gunn, Mervyn Singer, and Andrew Webb
Publisher: Oxford University Press
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
This ICU calculator software contains all features that clinicians needs in their work. User can calculate the loading doses, maintenance dose of required antibiotics like Colymonas.
You will no longer have doubts regarding the drugs used in critical situations of medical action in ICU. With simple and intuitive interface, you have the information readily accessible with accuracy and precision
Our aim is to deliver a clinically relevant app for the everyday clinician, if you would like to see any further calculations, calculators, or improvements please comment.
Airway drugs calculator
HTN emergency medications
ACLS Hs and Ts
Sedation drug calculator
Canadian Head CT Rule
New Orleans Head CT Rule
Nexus C-Spine Rule
Canadian C-Spine Rule
Status epilepticus medications
NIH Stroke Scale
Ischemic stroke tPA inclusion criteria
Ischemic stroke tPA contraindications
Ischemic stroke tPA administration
Anti-hypertensive meds in ischemic stroke
San Francisco Syncope Rule
STEMI lytic dosing
Essential EKG findings
Pneumonia – PORT/PSI
Pneumonia – CURB-65
Ottawa ankle/knee/foot rules
Early goal directed therapy
Pediatric fluid calculator
Corrected Na (Glucose) calculator
Parkland burn formula
Centor strep score
ARDS P:F ratio calculator
Pediatric IV fluid calculator
Pediatric vital signs by age
Pediatric ETT size/depth
Fever guidelines by age
Otitis media antibiotic calculator
ICU Sedation Drip Dosing
2010 ACLS Bradycardia Algorithm
2010 ACLS PEA/Asystole Guidelines
Pediatric GCS Score
Pediatric Hyperkalemia Medications
Pediatric DKA Treatment Calculator
Pediatric ETT Blade Size and Depth Calculator
Pediatric Blood Product Dosing
Pediatric Pain Medication Dosing Calculator
Pediatric Bilirubin/Phototherapy Calculator
Pediatric Intranasal Pain and Anxiolysis Medication Dosing
Salter Harris Classification Illustration
Pediatric Elbow Ossification Illustration
Westley Croup Score and Treatment
Kawasaki Disease Clinical Findings
Pediatric Head CT Algorithm 2-10 Years Old
Shoulder Dystocia Mnemonic
Perimortem C-Section Rapid Reference
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding Reference
TIMI NSTEMI/UA Tool
Sgarbossa Criteria – AMI in LBBB
ABCD2 TIA Score
Spontaneous ICH Blood Pressure Recommendations
Tooth Number Illustration
Hand Nerve Anatomy Illustration
ABA Burn Center Transfer Criteria
Necrotizing Fasciitis Score (LRINEC criteria)
CEWA (Alcohol Withdrawal) Score
Hunter Serotonin Toxicity
Snake Bite Severity Score with Crofab indications
Thyroid Storm Score and Treatment
Goldman-Reilly Chest Pain Rule
Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis Rapid Reference
Addison's Crisis Rapid Reference
Bohler's Angle Illustration
Synovial Fluid Analysis Information
This application is not intended to be a complete reference source. It is only a tool to assist in teaching students and residents some main topics encountered in clinical emergency medicine.
Please note that this program contains information on medications and procedures that are used to treat critically ill patients. Any use in the clinical setting should be done in the immediate presence of a credentialed, experienced attending physician.
This app is made by a nurse.
It is intended on nurses and others who work with infusions and medicine.
The purpose is to make everyday calculations easier and safer.
This app lets you calculate drop rate, infusion speed, dose/strength/volume and lets you convert speed.
I use 1 ml=20 drops.
- Frequently used calculations in the patients under CVVH and CVVHDF. Calculations about the dose and volume of convection in PRE and POST, volume of diffusion, calculation of the Kuf of the filter based on the transmembrane pressure (TMP), calculation of the anticipated TMP before initiating the technique, calculation of the filtration fraction (FF) and calculation of the efficiency of the filter.
- Coagulation calculations
- Specific module for filtration fraction calculation.
- Specific module for TMP calculation
- Specific module that allows the user to make calculations in this field: Cockroft-Gault, MDRD, fractional sodium excretion, anion gap, measured creatinine clearance, calculated plasmatic and urinary osmolarity, sodium, water and bicarbonate deficit.
- Does hanging blood make you nervous 'cause you can't remember if the antigens are on the blood cells or in the plasma?
- Can't remember the normal heart rate for all those pediatric age groups?
- Is that family member at the bedside bugging you about what 37.3° means?
- Trying to remember if the coma scale starts with a 4, 5, or 6?
- Maybe you get a little sweaty under the collar when those STEMI's come in, and you know you need to move fast, fast, fast?
Well, here is the Cheat Sheet set for you.
From pediatric vital signs, the coma scale, and a temperature conversion chart, to vaso-active drip rates, intubation drugs, and recommended ETT sizes & depths, these cheat sheets put critical information at your fingertips to help you manage your critically and acutely ill patients in a seemingly effortless manner.
Impress your MD's! Hand them a syringe with just the right amount of RSI drug pulled up. Make a meaningful contribution to the conversation about what is causing a patient's Anion Gap Metabolic Acidosis, or whether to give them TPA.
If you have a lot of knowledge in your brain, but just not always the ability to access it flawlessly and confidently, in the moment, then try Heather's Nursing Cheat Sheets. Your little nurse's helper!
Application Features: Zoomable, scrollable high resolution images giving very quick and easy access to the information you need.
Disclaimer: The information in these cheat sheets is compiled from multiple sources. Always know your own facility's protocols.
The Washington Manual™ of Critical Care contains easy-to-read algorithms for the management of more than 80 medical and surgical problems encountered in the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Invaluable tool for medical students and postgraduate trainees facing ICU rotations
- Comprehensive coverage addresses 80 medical and surgical conditions faced by residents in the ICU
- Easy-to-read color algorithms assist in the management of ICU emergencies and in the performance of routine procedures
- Handy appendices provide fingertip access to common equations in the ICU, drug-drug interactions, and common drug dosages and side-effects
- Includes new topics related to Pulmonary Embolism, Clostridium difficile and Other Infectious Causes of Diarrhea, Maternal-Fetal Critical Care, Alternative Hemodynamic Monitoring & Functional Hemodynamic Monitoring
ICU/ER Facts Made Incredibly Quick includes significant abnormal assessment findings; laboratory and critical values; complications of diseases and procedures; I.V. infusion rates; ACLS algorithms; BLS review; ECG interpretation; hemodynamic monitoring; intra-aortic balloon pump waveforms; SVO2 monitoring; ventilator problems; triage guidelines; managing multiple trauma; cultural considerations and dozens of illustrations with charts.
- 5 tier triage guidelines
- Management of common critical respiratory disorders such as pneumonia, PE, and asthma and psychiatric emergencies such as psychosis and suicide attempt
- Intra-abdominal pressure monitoring
- Moderate sedation monitoring
- Treatment for cardiac arrhythmias
- Up-to-date information on ventilator modes
- Includes 1 Calculator & 6 interactive flowcharts which helps in making quick decision
IV Drips is a great tool in the Emergency and Critical Care settings. This medical app contains 44 of the most common used critical drips for quick reference at your finger tips. It also includes calculators to give you either mL/hr or dose/hr. With each drug you will quickly be able to see its class, indications, and what side effects to watch out for. IV Drips also gives you the standard infusion rates for each medication. Each drug comes pre-programmed in their standard concentration for quick calculation. There is also a Customize feature which allows you to change the infusion rates and drug concentrations according to your facility’s policy.
Internet access is NOT required to use this app.
STORAGE permission is required for the Backup/Restore feature.
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a drug? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our other app, NurseCalcs, which features many of the most used nursing calculators!
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, MD, EMT, paramedic, medic, critical, care, emergency, ER, ED, CCU, ICU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist, cardiac, drug, drugs, medicine, medication, medications,
NurseCalcs is a great nursing app for nurses as well as nursing students. NurseCalcs features 25 of the most used nursing calculators, with more to be added soon. The Critical Care/ED calculator has many of the most commonly used drips with usual dosing. The ABG interpreter will help you to quickly determine the blood gas disturbance. IV Rate will calculate rates whether you are using a pump or gravity.
Internet connection is NOT required to use this app.
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Adjusted Body Weight
BMI (Body Mass Index)
Body Surface Area
Critical Care/ER Drugs (Common drips)
Glasgow Coma Scale
Ideal Body Weight
IV Rate (gtt & mL)
Mean Arterial Pressure
Mcg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Mcg/kg/min to mL/hr
Mcg/min to mL/hr
Mg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Metric & Imperial Conversions
mL/hr to Dose/hr (i.e. Heparin)
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/hr
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/min
mL/hr to Mcg/Min
mL/hr to Mg/kg/hr
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a calculator? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our new app, IV Drips, which features 35 critical drips along with information and dosing.
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, CNA, MD, EMT, paramedic, critical, care, emergency, ICU, ER, ED, CCU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist
O Guia de Terapia Intensiva é o aplicativo definitivo para quem trabalha em CTI. Este aplicativo tornará mais fácil o dia-a-dia, da evolução diária dos pacientes às intercorrências clínicas e cirúrgicas.
Dividido em sessões práticas, conforme a abordagem clínica, o iCTI fornece informações confiáveis para a tomada de decisões e condutas que ocorrem na terapia intensiva. Conteúdo do eBook completo:
. Tratamento de cardiopatias e arritmias em CTI;
· Tratamento da instabilidade hemodinâmica;
· Síndrome do Choque Circulatório;
· Monitorização Hemodinâmica;
. Inotrópicos e Agentes Vasoativos.
· Insuficiência respiratória;
· Ventilação mecânica e síndrome do desconforto respiratório;
· Tratamento de pneumopatias;
· Suporte ventilatório.
· Alterações do nível de consciência, coma e abordagem neurointensiva;
· Síndromes neurointensivas;
· Conceitos de Suporte Neurointensivo.
Suporte em CTI:
· Suporte Nutricional no Paciente Grave;
· Analgesia e Sedação;
· Procedimentos em Terapia Intensiva;
· Distúrbios hidroeletrolíticos;
· Terapia Transfusional.
Tenha em mãos o conteúdo mais completo e decisivo para o diagnóstico e tratamento da Sepse, atualizado pelos guidelines mais recentes:
· Protocolo de Sepse;
. Tratamento dos principais sítios de infecção na terapia intensiva;
· Rastreio de foco infeccioso;
· Antibioticoterapia preferencial por agente microbiano;
. Guia completo de antimicrobianos.
Temas práticos de CTI:
· Suporte Nutricional no Paciente Grave;
· Analgesia e Sedação;
· Procedimentos em Terapia Intensiva;
· Distúrbios hidroeletrolíticos;
· Distúrbios de coagulação;
· Guia de hemocomponentes;
· Profilaxia de TVP;
· Profilaxia de úlceras;
· Terapia Transfusional;
· Abordagem pós-operatório;
· Morte encefálica e Doação de órgãos;
· Cuidados em terapia intensiva.
O iCTI contém mais de 40 calculadoras, para facilitar a avaliação do paciente com escores de diagnóstico e prognóstico, essenciais para o cuidado no CTI.
O Guia de Terapia Intensiva contém o maior bulário de antibióticos e drogas de uso em unidade fechada, incluindo infusões, com fácil acesso, buscador e cálculo para o peso do paciente.
Tenha em mãos o mais completo aplicativo em Terapia Intensiva. Com este aplicativo você estará embasado e equipado com conteúdos e ferramentas para uma boa prática médica.
Tudo isso com a qualidade PEBmed Apps, a maior empresa em aplicativos médicos do Brasil. Feita de médicos para médicos.
* Fonte das informações médicas: "Emergências Clínicas, MOURA E. C, JORGE B. A. L, LANZIERI P. G;. 1. ed., Editora Semiologia Médica, 2013; ISBN: 978-85-913510-1-5."
* Source of medical information: "Emergências Clínicas, MOURA E. C, JORGE B. A. L, LANZIERI P. G;. 1. ed., Editora Semiologia Médica, 2013; ISBN: 978-85-913510-1-5."*
It is an introductory handbook of intensive or critical care medicine for clinical staff new to the exciting world of critical care medicine. IC@Nd includes 270 pages and upgrades are free. The primary purposes are education and guidance of medical and nursing staff who have limited experience in the specialty of intensive / critical care medicine.
IC@Nd is based on a problem-oriented and practical bedside approach to troubleshooting common, urgent, or life-threatening problems and clinical signs. It provides useful advice about important aspects of critical care medicine, but it is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive textbook nor replace clinical supervision.
These guidelines are evidence-based and practical and, by necessity, specific - some may say too specific. It assumes some medical knowledge, basic clinical experience, and above all common sense.
The guidelines in IC@Nd have been developed, trialled, and revised over several years by the medical and nursing staff at Northern Health and Eastern Health (Melbourne, Australia). They are guidelines, nothing more.
Our motto is: soins intensifs sans frontieres (critical care without borders). The knowledge and skills of critical care are not limited by geography or speciality or experience. They can be learned by all and ported to other areas of acute health care with the intention of preventing and treating serious illness before it becomes irreversible.
The main areas covered are:
1. Being part of the ICU Ward Round: examining patients, communicating, simple guidelines for routine care.
2. Responding to medical emergencies: cardiac arrest, major trauma, ward medical emergencies, various acute problems in complex ICU patients.
3. Responding to common ICU problems such as fever, hypotension, hypoxia, hypercapnia, hypokalaemia, delirium.
4. Responding to complications arising from mechanical ventilation, tracheostomy, nutrition, procedures.
5. Introduction to ICU monitoring and common laboratory tests and how to interpret 'the numbers'.
6. Assessment of risk, prognosis, perioperative management of surgical ICU patients.
7. Understanding fluid therapy, assessment and treatment.
8. Determining and communicating limits of medical therapy.