You can easily switch the selected date to plan your fishing trips ahead.
The Solunar Clock interface will give you instant information on best times.
You can now also manage multiple locations.
How to read and use the App:
- Green Bars indicate good major and minor fishing times (major longer, minor shorter bar)
- Blue Bars indicate low and high tide times.
- Center indicates moonphase
- Gray current time indicator
- top right of screen has a day rating indicator ( 1-4 fishes, fair to excellent )
- sun and moon icons for sun/moon rise and set
- swipe left or right to change the date
The displayed fishing information is powered http://www.fishingreminder.com
We also give you valuable angling tools such as:
Tidal Charts (tides from over 7000 locations)
Advanced Weather reporting, including a radar map, forecasts, and incident reporting
Tracking / Create Routes
Strike Marker / Create Waypoints
Trolling Speed Calculator
S.O.S. / Morse Code
Complete illustrations for Riggings (rigs) and Knots
Social Media - share your Fish Logs to Facebook and Twitter
Over 100 articles for anglers
Nowhere else can you find all of these features in a single, user-friendly app. Fishing Mobile is truly the fishing tool you cannot be without.
- View fishing reports from all over New Zealand (we've left location broad on purpose)
- View fishing photos and catches
- Filter to fishing reports you want to see
- Add fishing reports
- Comment on fishing reports and discuss with other users
- Share your reports (or other reports) to facebook
- Receive notifications (enable/disable) when a new fishing report is posted, or someone comments on your report
We're still very new and always up for feedback so if you have any comments or questions, please contact us!
NZ Fishing Apps team
1. Wave Dancer's booking calendar
2. Hot Fishing Spots
3. Fishing tips plus Competitions
4. Bite times in the Hauraki Gulf
5. Great Seafood Recipes
And many more.......
- See location, grade and description. Filter by grade, and view satellite or map view.
- View river gauges for some regions (Currently Wellington Rivers indicated by a red/green/yellow graph on the list icon)
- Share river details with friends via email
- View extended information from Rivers.org
A big thank you to Garth Low for paddling GPS locations, and Michael Denton for the icon artwork.
A big thank you must also go out to rivers.org.nz for allowing us to publish descriptions from their river list.
© 1999-2013 Whitewater NZ CC-BY-SA
If you discover any issues with the app, or incorrect content or paddling locations, or wish to contribute to some content, please drop me an email.
This App provides a simple, effective and robust means of recording annual recreational fishing effort that can not only assist in understanding recreational fishing effort but strengthen recreational fishing presence in fisheries management forums and decisions through information that is held securely on behalf of the sector.
Not only will the App enhance recreational sector interests it is fun to use, you can brag to your mates and you can see how your catch tracks against local, regional and national trends. Get on board today your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will thank you for it. We all have a responsibility to leave this resource Taonga(treasure) in a better condition than we found it.
TidePlan™ NZ Free is an ocean tide information application for the Android™ mobile device platform. The tide information provided is currently limited to New Zealand ports only. All tide data is stored locally within the application, so no data connection is required to use this application (handy when you're offshore).
TidePlan™ NZ Free allows you to work with any of New Zealand's 16 Standard Ports. TidePlan™ NZ Pro allows you to work with any of New Zealand's 213 Secondary Ports as well.
Why Go Pro?
* Access data for all 213 of New Zealand's Secondary Ports.
* Filter upcoming tide events based on when you're free to get out there.
* Graphical Sun/Moon information layer (including moon phase).
* Sun Graph: a year-at-a-glance graph of Sun rise/meridian transit/set times for the selected port.
* Additional 'Port Info' information: Sun/Moon rise/set times; Moon phase graphic; display tide/Sun/Moon data for any day within the current 12-month data pack.
* Additional 'Select Port' options: select port from a map; quick access list of recently viewed ports.
* Colour scheme configuration (including night vision version).
* Home/Lock screen widgets that display either the next tide event or all today's tide events (plus Moon phase) for the currently selected port.
* Pebble Smartwatch watchface.