Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app and then perform simple or advance searches (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available) and the application can be used with ebook readers.
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech as well as synonyms and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
This version is ad supported but you may want to try the pro version which has no ads.
Now two ways to use!
1. Send/share the selected word(s) to Send To Dictionary.
2. (NEW) Clipboard text lookup - copy text from anywhere and select Send To Dictionary from the Notification Bar. Meaning it can now work with apps like iSilo and other apps that don't have send/share function!
A dictionary helper app that sends/share any word to ColorDict or GoldenDict for instant lookup.
Useful when reading in an app that does not support dictionary lookup directly for example, a web browser.
Since this app depends on ColorDict or GoldenDict (offline/online dictionary tools), Internet connection is not required and is very customizable.
REQUIRES and currently supports: ColorDict and GoldenDict
Thanks to Oldřich for letting me know this app works with GoldenDict too.
PERMISSION REQUIRED: Run at Startup - To be able to automatically run on boot when clipboard lookup is enabled.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
For more convenient library view install our Bookshelf plugin https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fbreader.plugin.library
Main book formats: ePub (ePub3 is partially supported), Kindle azw3 (mobipocket), fb2(.zip).
Other supported formats: RTF, doc (MS Word), html, plain text.
Supported via free plugins: PDF (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.pdf), DjVu (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.djvu)
FBReader supports synchronisation of your library and/or reading positions with FBReader book network (https://books.fbreader.org/), a Google Drive™ based cloud service. Synchronisation is disabled by default, go to preferences dialog to enable it and configure parameter.
FBReader is fast, highly customizable. Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds. Screen brightness can be changed during reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge). Supports different day/night color schemes.
Supports YotaPhone Always-On Display functionality (can display text on both LCD and eInk screens).
Includes a browser/downloader for network ebook catalogs/stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
FBReader is integrated with external dictionaries. Supports ColorDict, all Slovoed dictionaries (by Paragon Software), Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary.org, LEO dictionary.
Localized for 29 languages. Includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. Open-source (GPL).
ColorDict English DictData
• English Thesaurus data file.
• You have to install 'ColorDict' application to use this English thesaurus dictionary data.
• It does not take space in the phone storage. This app will be uninstalled after copying data to the SD card.
• A quick search multiple online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries such as StarDict-compatible dictionaries from the market and internet
• Quick Search Box
• Long-click to share search results: Send results to other apps
• Word jump: Click a word to go to search results for that word
• Word suggestion: See auto-completions for partially entered words.
• Search history
• Customize color of dictionary
• Voice recognition
• Supports ColorNote App: ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports E-book Reader integration
Supported offline dictionaries:
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Chinese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> German StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Spanish StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
Supported online dictionary
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
How to download StarDict dictionary from the internet.
• Download the file to your PC
• Copy compressed file (tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
E-Book Readers integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Supports Dictionary API for third-party developers
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
*** This is a fully functional FREE TRIAL ***
• Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
• Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
• Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
• About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* FREE, ad-free, and open-source!
* Fast! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* Create your own dictionaries with a command-line Java program.
QuickDic currently has built-in dictionaries for these language pairs (some much more complete than others, your mileage may vary!):
* English-Haitian Creole
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If QuickDic crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using QuickDic's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
QuickDic is open source: http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
- You can save vocabularies for your own use, and can build your own thesaurus with the bookmark words. When the bookmark look-up option is checked, it shows only your bookmarked words.
- The data is stored in the app, and the operation is fast and easy to look up words. It includes some slang and informal words. More than 16,000 look-up words, and more than 40,000 synonyms and antonyms.
- Three background colors are available.
Definitions for over 200,000 words.
Gives over 33,000 example sentences to show words in context.
Over 260,000 related words.
Accepts voice input.
Includes Word of the Day and Random word.
Stores previously searched words in the History.
Download size of only 211K so uses much less file space than other free dictionary apps.
A Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Word of the Day and History!
Free English Dictionary gives you over 200,000 word definitions at your fingertips in seconds. Type in an English word and the definition is quickly retrieved from the dictionary. Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling. If your device is running android 2.1 and above you can also speak and search without having to type the word.
Dictionary definitions are given with examples and notes so you can see the word used in a sentence.
Once you have looked up a word in the dictionary, the Thesaurus button quickly finds words with similar meaning (synonyms) and opposite meaning (antonyms). You can also search the thesaurus directly. Touch a word displayed in the thesaurus results and the dictionary definition is provided.
The Word of the Day function offers an interesting and unusual words retrieved from the dictionary with definitions, examples and notes.
Need more than just one new word a day? Click on the random button in the word of the day page and a new random word, with definitions and examples, will be retrieved from the dictionary.
The History function displays a list of words previously looked up in the dictionary. If you need to check that definition again, just click on the word in the history and the dictionary definition is shown.
Free English Dictionary is regularly updated to enhance performance and user experience.
Look out for new features coming soon to Free English Dictionary:
Audio function - hear how a word is pronounced.
More dictionaries to choose from.
Free English dictionary, it’s quick, easy and very useful!
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Option to remove ads.
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
The application allows you to look up words online in the LEO dictionaries for the language pairs German-
- English (793,000)
- French (247,000)
- Spanish (201,000)
- Italian (178,000)
- Chinese (176,000)
- Russian (228,000)
- Portuguese (72,000)
- Polish (57,000)
Results for queries may also include additional information such as
- conjugation tables
- audio files
- grammar & etymology,
as well as other information relevant to the search term including
- orthographically similar words
- possible base forms for inflected words
- forum discussions containing the search term.
The forum feature allows you to post language-related questions that are not answered by the dictionary. In some sections of the forums, you may need to be a registered user to post questions.
With the trainer feature you can save words and memorise them in a so-called slide show or practise them using various other quiz modes. You may use the trainer online as well as offline and synchronise word lists and statistics on your smart-phone with those on the Web.
Detailed information on all functions are available on our website.
monitoring data, send data.
can setting key name and Data
For Avr, arm, embedded system
Instructions for use
1. click scan Button for connect to device
2. after connected, click setKeys for setting Keys name, data
3. send data by click keys