OpenSource launcher for blind people for using smartphones and tablets. The launcher has a voice guide that tells the user everything that it's happening in the device (screen off/on, screen rotation, incoming call, etc.). This launcher is compatible with TalkBack.
The app allows the user:
- Listen to music
- Use a voice recorder
- Send and receive SMS
- Receive and make calls
- Create and delete alarms
- Create and delete contacts
- Browse the web with Google engine as an a starting point
How to use it:
1) Slide up and down to browse the menus
2) Slide right to select an option
How to type a message? There are four ways available:
- Use the device keyboard
- Use the voice recognition system with up to 10 possible interpretations to select from (may require Internet).
- Use the touchscreen and slide up and down through characters and symbols and slide right to input the selected character.
- Use the traditional software keyboard with TalkBack activated.
How to manage a call:
- Slide up to answer the call
- Slide down to end the call
TO UNINSTALL: Go to Settings/System Settings/Applications/Blind Communicator/Uninstall
IMPORTANT NOTE 1: If you have a device with Android 5.0 (Lollipop), Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or Android 7.0 (Nougat), you have to set the way you want to answer a call by going to Settings/Accessibility/Answering/ending calls. In Android 8.0 (Oreo) and higher you can answer a call by sliding up without inconveniences.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2: If you have a device with Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher, you must set Blind Communicator as your App for messages. To do so, you must go to Settings/Default applications/Messages and then select Blind Communicator from the list.
IMPORTANT NOTE 3: You will need a TTS software installed in your device in order to this App to work. You can install, for example, Google TTS, that is available for free at Play Store.
Translator (italian): Sofia Spoltore
Translator (portuguese): Gilberto Ferreira
Translator (french): Gustavo Ferreyra
Translator (russian): Xenia Sergejew
Translator (german): Liliana Anzaudo
Translator (vietnamese): Dang Manh Cuong