OpenSource launcher for people with reduced mobility for using Android devices. The App requires that an a USB auxiliary device must be plugged in. This device has a LCD screen for notifications and several buttons for using a smartphone or tablet. The launcher has a voice-guide that tells the user everything that it's happening in the device (screen off/on, screen rotation, incoming call, etc.). With this App installed and running with the USB auxiliary device plugged in, the smartphone or tablet can be used even with screen off. This App requires Android 3.2 or higher with USB Host support.
The app allows the user:
- Listen to music
- Use a voice recorder
- Send and receive SMS
- Receive and make calls
- Create and delete alarms
- Create and delete contacts
- Browse the web with Google engine as an a starting point
How to use it:
1) Press up and down to browse the menus
2) Press right to select an option
How can i type a message? You have two ways available:
- Press up and down to move through characters and symbols and press right to input the selected character.
- Use the voice recognition system with up to 10 possible interpretations for you to select (may requiere Internet).
How to manage a call:
- Press up to answer the call
- Press down to end the call
TO UNINSTALL: Go to Settings/System Settings/Applications/Mobility Launcher/Uninstall
NOTE 1: In Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, you have to set the way you want to answer a call by going to Settings/Accessibility/Answering/ending calls.
NOTE 2: If you have a device with Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher, you must set Blind Communicator as your App for messages. To do so, you must go to Settings/Default applications/Messages and then select Blind Communicator from the list. Also, you will need a TTS software installed in your device in order to this App to work. You can install, for example, Google TTS for free at Play Store.
Translator (italian): Sofia Spoltore
Translator (portuguese): Gilberto Ferreira
Translator (french): Gustavo Ferreyra