Vision is our most important sense, which makes visual impairments a heavy burden for affected patients. AmblyoCare offers a variety of individually customizable stimulation methods, which provide a wide range of possibilities for the diagnosis and therapy in the area of early support for infants and toddlers (ESIT), amblyopia treatment and other visual impairments. Although the optimal rehabilitation of residual vision is achieved by frequent therapy in early age, AmblyoCare does not only target infants, but also adults with impaired vision.
The target audiences of AmblyoCare are ophthalmologists, orthoptists, ESIT specialists, pediatrists, neurologists, medical specialists as well as affected people (application only under professional guidance!).
AmblyoCare offers the following stimulation methods:
- Visual attention test
- Moving and static bars (optokinetic nystagmus)
- Rotating disc (eccentric fixation)
- Visual acuity test with optotypes (tumbling E, Landolt C, …)
- Smooth pursuit movements
- Preferential looking (only with suitable display hardware)
AmblyoCare is optimized for mobile devices with a screen size of at least 7 inches. Using AmblyoCare on smaller devices is possible, but not recommended. In order to use all functions of AmblyoCare without restrictions, a license must be purchased via In-App billing.
Note: Although the user interface of AmblyoCare is available in German and English, help and user manual are currently only available in German, an English version will be added with one of the next updates.
Explanation of permissions:
- Network access: This permission is needed when AmblyoCare is used with two separate devices in order to establish a network connection between the two devices. No data is transmitted to a server!
- Read & write ext. storage/SD card: This is needed for saving and loading examinations.
- Take pictures & videos, record audio, draw over other apps: These permissions are required to allow the usage of the camera in AmblyoCare.
- Read phone state and ID & read Google service configuration: These permissions are only used for device identification and the handling of In-App purchases.
- Google Play billing service: This permission is needed for In-App purchases.
AmblyoCare is developed in the frame of the research project SEE-KID/CEVD by the RISC Software GmbH, a company owned by the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the Upper Austrian Research GmbH. The project is supported by grants of the Upper Austrian local government, the convent hospital "Barmherzige Brüder" Linz and the general hospital of Linz (AKH Linz).
AmblyoCare is registered in the Austrian register of medical devices as an active medical device of class I and is intended for temporary use with a patient. Using AmblyoCare without medical supervision or not corresponding to advices of medical professionals is prohibited! AmblyoCare has the CE marking, which means that it is in compliance with the European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC and the Austrian medical-device-law BGBl. 657/1996 as amended in its current form. The software as well as the user manual are available in German and English and may only be used in those European countries where one or both of these languages is defined as an official language.
Please read the user manual (available at www.amblyocare.at) together with the included safety instructions carefully before using AmblyoCare and follow the directions concerning the correct usage of AmblyoCare. The use of AmblyoCare and the user manual is based on the currently applicable general terms of delivery of the RISC Software GmbH, which can be accessed at www.risc-software.at/en/agb.