Is that bright object in the sky a star or a planet? The 3D view of the sky make it easy to identify planets and constellations. Learn what the sky looks like at frequencies outside of the visible spectrum. Spin the Earth or the planet of your choice with one finger.
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
- Comprehensive Wiki Information Page for every planet
- Quiz mode to help you memorize important facts about the planets
- High Resolution Image Gallery of the Sun and Planets
- Quick fact page on the Sun and Planets
Planets that are covered: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
This app is completely free for a limited time.
This application has been created solely with the intention of helping an
individual quickly grasp the essential information about the Solar System.
*This application has been packaged with more than 100 facts about the planets in our Solar System.
*This application also comprises of a dictionary which can help a person in brushing up his knowledge about our Solar System.
*The facts and figures in the application have been taken from several reliable sources and care has been exercised to see that they are exceedingly precise.All the info and images have been taken from NASA and other sites.
*The application also consists of a News section where the user gets to see the latest news about the Solar System.The user is redirected to the source of the news where he gets to read the news in detail.
Have the entire Solar System at your finger tips!!
Stay tuned for the next update!!
Courtesy NASA & sciencedaily. This application is not endorsed or in any way associated with NASA and sciencedaily.
With Planets you can see the 9 planets( Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) turning around the sun, and the moon moving around the earth.
The planet's location are very precise and are related to the 12 zodiac constellations.
Touching the screen from left to rigth make the time go forward day by day.
Touching the screen from top to bottom make the time go forward month by month.
On the top right side you can see the moon phases changing in accordance with the date.
At the bottom of the screen the Jupiter planet with the 4 main satellites position are displayed. Those satellites are Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.
- Perfect for students to do physics homework quickly and accurately.
- It is suitable for all levels of physics from high school to university.
This app contains the following topics:
- Linear motion
- Constant acceleration motion
- Projectile motion
- Constant circular motion
- Work, power, energy
- Rotary motion
- Oscillatory motion
- Direct current
- Magnetic field
- Altering current
- Hydrogen atom
- Modern physics
More chapters comming soon.
With Planets you can click on each planet and get detailed information about that celestial body.
It also has the following features:
• Detailed information about the planets in our solar system (more solar systems coming soon!)
• Easy to use interface
• Designed with all ages in mind
• 3D Planet views for an enhanced view of each planet
• No ads
Join the Google+ community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105711742765525315663
Need help picking your first telescope? Not sure what it's capable of? Why not try before you buy?!
After a series of precise mathmatical calculations, Telescope Simulator will show exactly what any planet will look like through ANY telescope!!
You can even simulate different barlow lenses or eyepieces on your currect telescope to see what it's capable of!
Select from over 50 popular telescopes from Orion, Celestron and Meade to see what they are capable of!
If your telescope is not on the list, simply tap the 'Custom' button and enter its aperture and focal length and the Telescope Simulator will do the rest!
Telescope Simulator will also simulate all the negative effects of real telescopes so you know exactly what you are buying!
Just like with a real telescope, if you magnify a scope beyond its capabilities your image will get blurry and dim.
For added effect, there is an optional 'Seeing' toggle button that factors in bad atmospheric conditions.
You can even select the Hubble as your telescope just to compare!
Like this app on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TelescopeSimulator
Keywords: jwst, saturn, astronomy, astronomer, star, star gazer, sky map, stellarium, jupiter, mars, uranus, pluto, centauri, ISS, international space station, mercury, venus, eyepiece, barlow, deep sky
The app has the following features:
> Simulation and Graphics:
Allows the user to add celestial objects with different masses at any position he/she likes. The user can set the initial velocity of the body by flicking his/her finger on the screen.
Ability to change the time-step, thereby allowing the user to vary the accuracy and speed of the simulation.
Option to add and simulate objects in our own solar system, or to create an entirely new solar system from scratch.
Contains zooming and panning controls for the simulation view.
> Solar System Information
Users can view the following data of the Sun, the 8 planets and the Moon:
Physical characteristics : Mass, Radius, Escape velocity etc.
Orbital characteristics : Aphelion, Perihelion, Orbital perid etc.
Atmospheric data : Surface pressure and composition.
Join our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/i.realitysoft
The sensor control will also enable you to identify what you see in the sky in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at it!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a very intuitive touch-screen interface
* the integration of GPS positioning
* the control of the direction of view using the device accelerometers
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
Stellarium mobile is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium software.
• 1000+ Questions
• Segregated into topics
• Important formulas for each topic
• Questions of varying difficulty levels
• Solution in detail for every question
• User-friendly Interface
So, common squeeze your grey cells, start your preparation and breeze through your exams and interviews.
Hope everyone finds this app useful in their journey to master aptitude.
Keywords: Aptitude, Placement, Entrance exam, MBA, aptitude test, IQ test, Bank exam, CAT, MAT, XAT, GATE, TANCET, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, NTSE, Civil Services exam, UPSC, CSAT, Job Interview, Quants, IBPS, Bank PO, Competitive exams, Numerical Ability, Placement preparation, Arithmetic, Maths, Word Problems
Features of LunarMap HD include
- Nearside and farside of the moon
- Realistic US Geological Survey relief map (5120x5120 resolution)
- Beautiful photographic maps from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's Wide Angle Camera (20480x20480)
- Color-coded topological maps from both the USGS and NASA
- Realtime terminator (shadow) line
- Searchable labels for over 8950 craters, maria, mountains, valleys, Apollo landing sites and more, based on International Astronomical Union data; tap on feature for more information or to lookup in Wikipedia
- Rotate and/or flip the map to match your telescope's eyepiece view, or for users in the southern hemisphere
- Zoom with two fingers (multitouch devices only), on-screen buttons or volume keys
- Customize colors, labels shown and other features
- Optionally lock screen rotation or make it harder to change so you need to turn the device further than usual to rotate to prevent accidental screen rotations while observing
- The maps are 2D. The nearside maps are projected to show a small portion of the farside, since libration can reveal a small portion of the farside
Note: To save app download time, maps other than the USGS relief nearside map involve an additional free in-app download, hence the Internet permission.
SkySafari Pro will completely replace your desktop astronomy software, and forever change the way you view the night sky. With SkySafari Pro, you can now explore the universe - not just from Earth, but from anywhere in the Milky Way galaxy!
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari Pro has the largest database of any astronomy app, period. It weighs in at half a gig, and contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered.
SkySafari Pro includes NASA's latest LRO Moon map, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version.
Make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari Pro to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 1.5 GB free on your internal SD card!)
SkySafari Pro can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your Android device's built-in WiFi or bluetooth, and our SkyFi wireless or Starry Night BlueStar bluetooth serial adapter.
SkySafari Pro accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to 100 years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an Android device with a compass, SkySafari Pro can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass button (or tilt your phone up toward the sky) to activate the compass. Now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari Pro includes 1500 times more stars than Google SkyMap, and 580,000 solar system objects. It includes every known moon, asteroid, and comet in the solar system - not just the Sun, Moon, and planets.
Our apps contain hundreds of built-in images, and thousands of object descriptions, written by professional astronomers. Other apps give you Wikipedia links - which don't do much good when you're out in the field, away from Wi-Fi or data network connections.
Our Plus and Pro versions can control telescopes; other apps cannot. Nor can they reproduce basic astronomical phenomena like eclipses and moon shadow transits. Our apps were developed by passionate astronomers with a penchant for accuracy. We stand by our products!
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Having trouble downloading the data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about SkySafari Pro for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're email@example.com, and we're happy to hear from you.
SKY & TELESCOPE 2012 HOT PRODUCT! MACWORLD 2010 BEST IN SHOW!
Now rebuilt for Android 4, SkySafari 4 Pro has the largest database of any astronomy app, period. It contains everything in SkySafari 4 Plus, and adds over 1.2 GB of data, including 25 million stars from both Hubble Guide Star catalogs, over 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 630,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered. It simulates the view from anywhere in the solar system - or beyond it - at up to a million years in the past or future.
SkySafari 4 Pro includes NASA's latest Moon and Mars maps, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version. It's an astronomical encyclopedia, with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professionals. And it includes 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers - now in breathtaking high definition on your Android tablet!
All this is built into SkySafari 4 Pro - you don't need an internet connection to use it. SkySafari 4 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience, and replace desktop astronomy software costing ten times more. If you're serious about astronomy, it's a deal you can't afford to miss.
If you've used SkySafari Pro before, here's what's new in version 4:
* New look-and-feel, app icons, and artwork.
* Complete rewrite of compass code for much smoother and more accurate motion tracking.
* Google Maps integration: choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
* Animated meteor showers, with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics.
* New horizon panoramas: Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco, Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia, and the top of Mauna Kea on Hawaii's Big Island. Or add your own!
* New and updated descriptions for hundreds of objects.
* Completely reinvented scope control panel. Up/Down/Left/Right controls only appear when the scope is connected, and big enough to be useable.
* Objects lists under Search are now sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, Dec, and many other properties.
* New Advanced Search options let you find objects using properties other than their name. For example, you can find all objects of a certain type, within a certain constellation, brighter than a certain magnitude, etc.
* New Advanced Time settings let you enter a date & time thousands of years in the past or future, to the nearest second, or using Julian dates
* New Telescope Equipment settings let you enter a list of all your telescope equipment. Select different combinations of eyepieces and telescopes to display field-of-view automatically. Set up a separate camera and auto-guider FOV. All FOV indicators can be labelled in the sky chart.
* Now log observations of objects directly from the Object Info view, or show all your observations of any object at once.
* New Variable Stars list, containing the brightest and best-known variables in the sky.
* Added descriptions for hundreds of small moons, asteroids, comets, satellites; and many images.
* All full screen images in Object Info now include hi-res versions for the iPad.
* Database now contains Guide Star Catalog 2.x stars to magnitude 15 - total 25 million (up from 15 million in SkySafari 3 Pro).
* Database now includes the complete General Catalog of Variable Stars and Washington Double Star catalogs.
* Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don't have room to list here!
Here you can get helpful information on several topics. Enjoy bright pictures and clear language! Read this reference and improve your knowledge on:
- Time of being discovered
- Interesting facts
- These and other useful hints all in one free app!
Watch and learn fast with Space Planets!
If you enjoy this free application, please consider making a donation of $5 via SMS to help the Academy in its mission to explore, explain and protect the natural world. Text PENGUINS to 20222.
Disclaimer: Please note that this app depends largely on your wireless network’s quality of service and data rates may apply. A Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
More from developer
With accurate scale representation of the Sun, Planets, Moons, Asteroids, Dwarfs and detailed information to the celestial objects.
Use it as educational software for your kids, or regardless if you are a beginner or advanced astronomer, this App brings you closer to the planets than any telescope.
Working great on smartphones and tablets.
★ the Sun, the bright shining star in the center of our Solar System
★ Mercury, the fastest planet orbiting around our Sun
★ Venus, its greenhouse effect produces a surface temperature that would melt lead
★ Earth, the blue oasis and only place filled with life
★ Mars, inspiration for many SciFi films and books
★ Jupiter, the giant, guardian and protector in our neighborhood
★ Saturn, with rings of unique beauty and elegance
★ Uranus, which rolls over its orbit like a bowling ball
★ Neptune, the outermost recognized planet
★ Pluto, one of a new category of dwarf planets
But these are not all objects of this simulator, because so far you do not know Orcus, Varuna, Ceres, Pallas, Haumea and all the other asteroids and dwarf planets. Not to mention Sedna whose orbit is still speculative to science.
Nearly 200 objects are included, but not as static images, rather as living objects in a living universe. Enjoy the Solar System in realtime, in the future or past.
Bring the cosmos to life with an innovative timeslider. Let time take its course, how fast depends on the scale factor of the timeslider. A wipe with your finger and the simulator comes to life.
For a more exiting viewing experience various camera modes are available. Attach the camera to a planet or place it at a fixed location in space and let the celestial bodies pass by, in portrait or landscape mode, whatever you prefer.
And that's still not all. A built in encyclopedia gives you useful information about each object of the simulation, extracted from Wikipedia.
Don't miss this unique viewing experience, there is no easier way to explore the wonderful world beyond our planet.
And if you ever feel "Lost in Space", don't worry, because it's just a simulation.
★ Super smooth UI
★ Nearly 200 simulation objects
★ Simulation of real celestial body distances and dimensions
★ Adjustable simulator time with an innovative timeslider
★ Flexible camera system for a unique viewing experience
★ Portrait and landscape mode
★ Many HD textures, some of original recordings (NASA Voyager, Cassini spacecraft)
★ Many preference options
★ Ephemeris data based on NASA Horizons system
★ Orbit calculations with modified Kepler algorithms
★ Encyclopedia function, the most important information from Wikipedia
Limitations of this free edition:
★ The encyclopedia info for celestial bodies is not available
★ Only the following objects are shown with real shapes and textures, all others are shown as $ objects:
- Sun, Mercury, Earth, Moon, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
- Mars moons Phobos and Deimos
- Jupiter moons Europa
- Saturn moon Thethys and its followers in Lagrange points L4 (Telesto) and L5 (Calypso)
- Uranus moon Umbriel
- Neptun moon Proteus
Follow the development of Pocket Planets on Twitter
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to contact me via email because this is the only way I can help you, thank you.