This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 250’000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes. Highly recommended by nationalgeographic.com, androidpit.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, ...
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 250'000 peak names
- Fast rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital binoculars to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Uses GPS to get your current location
- Maps (online) for viewpoint selection
- Dialog for entering coordinates manually
- Uses compass and accelerometer sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Comments •••
"Super easy handling, super smooth views and excellent user interface. I love hopping to my favorite mountains and enjoy the panorama, while being there or hundreds of miles away" -- hiker45
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating in Google Play (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using augmented reality, this app is fast and smooth, displaying information about the peaks near you. Position any peak within the cross hairs to see useful information, including peak name, height, distance from you, and also the difference in height from your current altitude.
Even if some peaks are behind others Peak Scanner still allows you to get details on them (obscured peaks are shown in grey).
You'll find Peak Scanner a much better experience than other apps of this type:
- fast start up time
- no finger taps required - just point!
- clean, easy to understand display that shows exactly what you want
- easy to use preferences to tailor the display
Peak Scanner includes data on mountain peaks from all over the world.
Database of British and Irish Hills (http://hills-database.co.uk)
OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org)
Check out our Facebook page - just search "Peak Scanner Facebook"
Get to know the hills and mountains around you just by using our app and your own smartphone’s camera.
The app Find the Hill will help you discover world hills and visualize their names on your mobile device. Using the camera in your smartphone, you can see the hill with it’s name, description, height and distance from your current location. A filter let’s you choose which hills will show up on the map according to the distance.
Find the Hill can recognize, which hill you’re currently standing on and also the sealevel of that point.
After clicking on any given hill, you can visualize it on the map screen, where your location and the hill’s location will be shown.
- more than 240 000 mapped world hills
- visualization of the hill’s location and distance from your current point
- possibility of working offline
- range settings for up to 20km
- display of given hill on the map and of the current location on the map screen
- display of your current latitude and longitude
- display of your current sealevel
- display of the current hill, on which you are standing
The app is optimized for Android mobile devices.
Support for tablets coming soon.
If you like our app, don’t forget to review and share it. Thank you
• Self-contained worldwide database of place names, mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, and monuments *
• Advanced filtering by distance, bearing and marker type
• Adjustable compass
• Imperial/metric units
• Search by name
• Map view
• Snapshot *
• Custom markers *
• User guide
• No adverts
* Cities, towns, and villages are included for free. Mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, monuments, custom markers, and the snapshot feature are available as an in-app purchase. There are more than 213,000 peaks, 13,000 castles, 16,000 ruins, and 19,000 monuments in ViewPoint’s database.
See developer's website for more information and user guide ( http://www.planetcoops.com/apps/viewpoint/ViewPoint.pdf ).
ViewPoint is currently 21 MB in size. We recommend you download and install ViewPoint only when you have Wi-Fi access.
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
Die Grundlage der App bildet eine zoombare, topografische Outdoorkarte im Maßstab 1:25.000. Die Karte ist online oder offline verfügbar und wird für den Alpenraum, je nach Jahreszeit, schneebedeckt oder im Sommergewand dargestellt. In den obersten Zoomstufen beinhaltet sie neben dem amtlichen Wegenetz sogar sämtliche Lifte und Pisten und einen Hangneigungsindikator. Sämtliche Hangpartien über 30° Neigung sind mit einer roten Schraffierung versehen. Die Karten können, losgelöst von der Tourendatenbank, überall im deutschen, österreichischen und Südtiroler Alpenraum zur Positionsbestimmung und Tourennavigation eingesetzt werden.
Da besonders im Gebirge die Mobilfunknetzabdeckung nicht immer ausreichend ist, können alle topografischen Karten auch offline gespeichert werden und funktionieren so völlig Netz unabhängig!
Das Herzstück der ORTOVOX BERGTOUREN APP ist die große, immer weiter wachsende Tourendatendank. Du kannst tausende Ski-, Snowboard-, Wander-, Hoch- und Biketouren sowie Freerideabfahrten oder Klettersteige nach den unterschiedlichsten Kriterien auswählen:
• Alphabetische Auflistung: Alle Touren werden in alphabetischer Reihenfolge angezeigt.
• Auflistung nach Entfernung: Die Tourenliste wird nach der Entfernung zum eigenen Standort sortiert
• Filterung nach Sportart: Alle Touren werden anhand verschiedener Kategorien angezeigt (Skitour, Schneeschuhtour, Freeride, Wandern, Hochtour, Klettersteig, MTB)
• Suche nach Ort: Eine Volltextsuche innerhalb der Listendarstellung ermöglicht eine Filterung der Touren nach dem Kriterium Ort
• Anforderung: Die Touren können nach Alphabet, Entfernung und Dauer der jeweiligen Tour sortiert werden
Zu jeder Tour kannst Du auch die Anfahrt planen - die ORTOVOX BERGTOUREN APP schließt sich und die Google-Maps App zeigt Dir automatisch den Weg zum Startpunkt der Tour an.
In den Tourenbeschreibungen erfährst Du alle wissenswerten Facts, kannst Bilder, das Höhenprofil und die Karte anschauen. Sobald Du eine Tour startest, siehst Du Dein Positionssignal in der topografischen Karte und folgst dem Routenverlauf.
Bereits zuhause oder auch unterwegs kannst Du künftig Deine eigenen Touren planen. Zuhause kannst Du im Tourenplaner unter ortovox.com mit der Maus die Wegstrecken der 1:25.000 Karten abfahren, Wegpunkte setzen, Beschreibungen ergänzen und gegebenenfalls Bilder hochladen.
Ähnliche Funktionen kannst Du auch in der App nutzen. Egal ob online oder offline, Du kannst in den topografischen Karten Wegpunkte setzen und Dir das Live-Höhenprofil der geplanten Tour anzeigen lassen.
Auch für Notfälle haben wir eine Hilfestellung parat. Mittels Notruffunktion kann eine Verbindung zur Rettungsstelle hergestellt werden. Zur möglichst genauen Positionsbestimmung werden Dir Deine Koordinaten auf dem Display angezeigt – Retter wissen so, wo sie suchen müssen.
Wer sich alles Wissenswerte zum Thema Lawine aneignen möchte, kann dies jederzeit offline mit dem umfangreichen Lawinenglossar von ORTOVOX machen. Hier erhältst Du alle Infos vom Grundlagenwissen über Risikomanagement bis hin zur Rettung.
ORTOVOX steht für Bergsport - Berge sind unsere Leidenschaft. Wir sind 365 Tage im Jahr im Gebirge unterwegs, sammeln Ideen für neue Produkte oder genießen einfach nur unseren Sport! Solltest Du Ideen oder Verbesserungsvorschläge zur App oder unseren Produkten haben, freuen wir uns auf Deine Nachricht: email@example.com
Ein wichtiger Hinweis:
3G-Empfang wird empfohlen. Achtung: Im Ausland können hohe Roamingkosten entstehen.
Bei Nutzung der App im Hintergrund bei aktiviertem GPS Empfang kann sich die Akkulaufzeit drastisch verkürzen!
Look at the landscape using the camera and labels are superimposed directly over the view. The labels can show the distance to the mountain peak, the bearing, and the height of the mountain.
Useful for walking and hiking when you want to know what mountains you're looking at!
You can switch to a Google Map view which also shows the peaks, plus your location and direction of view.
This is an experimental application that is extremely dependent on your GPS location and handset's compass bearing. If either are inaccurate then the names will appear in the wrong positions. Since the compass on many handsets is very unreliable this can prove frustrating - the application does have the feature to offset the bearing of the compass which can help, and doing the figure of 8 compass calibration can help as well. There are also user options for tweaking the smoothing of compass readings.
While using the camera view you don't need Internet access, but if you switch to the Google map view you'll need it for the maps.
The mountain peak database has been extracted from OpenStreetMap by Mayeul Kauffman - an amazing job, taking the number of peaks from hundreds to almost a million!
The app can be moved to the SD card if required, although the database is only about 10Mb, so it's not as large as you might imagine.
UK only version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.showmehills.showmehillsuk
This is a free open source application released under the GPLv3 license, and developers are welcome to contribute at https://github.com/ShowMeHills
If you come across any problems, please report to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* keep on improving the dataset
* allow photos to be taken with the names
* allow users to report their position to OpenStreetMap
* alternative apps using the same technology (ie a ShowMeTowns type app)
★ Record video (Android 5+ only)
★ Show augmented reality view, 3D compass, map, coordinates, address, speed and time in the same view
★ Take screenshots
★ Support portrait and landscape mode
★ Auto rotate map according to direction
★ Show speed and true north direction
★ Show altitude
★ Show map/address of current location
★ Embed date, time and location EXIF tags in the screenshot file
★ Fast bright with one tap when you are in outdoor
★ Support marine, rose and artificial horizon compasses
★ Zoom in/out reality view
★ No ads (PRO-only)
★ Only as good as your hardware. Beware surrounding metal and magnetic fields
★ support xperia-camera-addons
We have been selected as a Google I/O 2011 Developer Sandbox partner, for its innovative design and advanced technology.
★ Czech - Jiří Fila
★ Italian - Michele Mondelli
★ Japanese - Yuanpo Chang
★ Persian - اسماعیل شمسی آسیابری
★ Polish - Grzegorz Jabłoński
★ Romanian - Stelian Balinca
★ Russian - Идрис a.k.a. Мансур (IDris a.k.a. MANsur), Ghost-Unit
★ Slovak - Patrik Žec
★ Spanish - Alfredo Ramos (Abaddon Ormuz)
★ Thai - Pimlada Singsanga
Please send me an email if you'd to help the translation.
Your personal summit and hiking register for smartphones. Check in to summits and alpine hotspots all over the world and prove via GPS that you have conquered the mountain!
With this FREE app you check into a virtual Summit-Log and collect your achievements in a Chronicle (Name of the mountain, Date & Time). With SummitLynx you can take a photo & share your accomplishments with your friends via Facebook, so they’ll immediately see when you stand on top of a mountain and celebrate your success.
But that’s not all. With this GPS-Log you can earn virtual medals and badges on predefined routes, yet another way hikers and climbers can be rewarded for their efforts. Also, competitions will be held throughout the year.
* GPS locating
* Peak-, Summit register
* Hiking-Log * Currently 5 different categories of goals: Summits, lodges, lakes, glaciers and mountain passes
* Optional registration and sharing via Facebook
* Log of your personal summit success
* Friends list
* Posting feature (photo upload and text input)
* Full worldwide offline support (no data roaming)
* High-contrast interface for ease of use outdoors
* No annoying advertising
* Location adding: Our database includes an extensive number of mountains worldwide. But if you find a summit which is not yet on SummitLynx, you can register it quickly and make it accessible to other climbers and hikers.
Regions with official partner badges:
* Ramsau am Dachstein / Styria / Austria
* Schladming / Rohrmoos / Styria / Austria
* Zell am See-Kaprun / Salzburg / Austria
* Saalbach-Hinterglemm / Salzburg / Austria
* Kitzbüheler Alpen / Tyrol / Austria
* Wilder Kaiser / Tyrol / Austria
The app is constantly being improved. If you are a hiker or climber who has tested SummitLynx, feel free to send us your suggestions for improvement or new ideas. ☺
For questions and support contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
This is the Free-Version. There is also a Pro-Version available. Please check my other apps, you can find it there.
* Augmented Reality display
* High precision and stability (special filter algorithm)
* Map with GPS Location
* Displays GPS information
* Measure the height of large objects
* Measure magnetic field strength (metal detector)
* Magnetic field strength warning (indicates magnetic influences)
* Geocaching: Easily define and find waypoints
* Share waypoints or your current location with other users
* Define waypoints by specifying latitude / longitude in various formats
* Define waypoints by a long-press on the map
* Define waypoints by specifying distance and bearing
* Real3D support!
Augmented Reallity GPS Compass Map 3D displays a 3D compass that gets combined with the camera image. Your current location from GPS is shown on a separate map with adjustable size.
Unlike most other apps, the compass uses a very effective fusion and filtering algorithm to combine the values of the magnetic field sensor, the accelerometer and the gyroscope (if installed in your device) to achieve a maximum in precision and stability.
A magnetic field strength warning indicates the possible influence of metallic objects or power-lines.
You can define your own waypoints. In this case a green arrow on top of the compass always points towards the selected waypoint. (Geocaching is really fun with it :-)
New waypoints can be defined by a long-click on the map, by specifying latitude and longitude, or by specifying distance and heading from an existing waypoint.
You can also share your current location and the locations of your waypoints with your friends.
On devices with LG's Real3D technology (e.g. the LG P920 Optimus 3D or the LG P720 Optimus 3D Max), the app features a 3D stereoscopic view of the compass and the camera image.
The app is still being developed further, so please feel free to send your comments or suggestions to the developers e-mail address provided below. Your feedback is highly appreciated!
Mountain Navigator uses the British Hills Database which contains all the hills and mountains in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Allows you to easily set up filters by distance from your location, height and classification of mountain (Munro, Corbett and Nuttall etc). Includes Marilyns and Humps so the chances are there’s several hills near you, wherever you live.
Mountain Navigator has 4 modes:-
Viewfinder:Hold the phone sideways, point the camera at the mountain you’re interested in and it displays its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Toposcope: Hold the phone flat and all the hills are shown as a toposcope. The higher the mountain, the brighter the dot. Tap on a dot to see its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Nearby Hills:Shows all the nearby hills. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Search. Search for a specific hill, anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Plan. Now you can use any location in the UK without actually being there. Allows you to plan in advance of a trip which hills to climb and which maps you'll need.
Uses the British Hills database (version 13.2), contains all Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Nuttalls, Marilyns, Wainwrights, Birketts, Humps, Arderins, Vandeleur-Lymans, Sims, Furths and County tops.
Ideal for hill walking in The Lake District, the Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Dartmoor, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales or anywhere that has hills.
Peak Explorer is a comprehensive visitor guide to the Peak District & Derbyshire, including details of hundreds of things to see and do, towns & villages, attractions, outdoor activities, places to eat, shopping and Derbyshire’s famous well dressings. With plenty of ideas about great places to visit, whatever your interests, this app will be an invaluable guide for your trip to the Peak District.
The data is fully cached on the phone so you don’t need a signal to use it. The search functionality allows you to search near your current location, and filter the data to choose specific interests.
Each entry describes the entry with pictures, opening times and full contact details. Integrated with maps, a quick link shows directions from your current location by car or on foot.
* Search the huge database of mountains and trip reports from peakbagger.com
* Keep track of your climbs, even when offline
* Measure your progress against hundreds of peak lists
* Get route information and directions from SummitPost and listsofjohn.com
* See weather forecasts (U.S. and Puerto Rico), topographic maps (U.S., Alps, Norway, New Zealand), and survey markers (U.S.)
* Save a peak to your device for offline use, including topographic maps
* Find peaks near your current location, or near other peaks
* Import and display GPS tracks instantly
* Long click on the map to get elevation and driving directions
* Record your starting elevation, and information about the gear and route you used
* Leaderboards show the top climbers for each peak list
* Automatically upload your ascents to ListsOfJohn (U.S. peaks)
* Show daily satellite imagery for any location on any day since 2011
* Display elevation profile for a GPS track, and show your current location along the profile
HOW TO IMPORT GPS TRACKS - 4 OPTIONS
1) Click on the "Load GPS track" link on the ascent details page for an ascent that has a GPS track.
2) Click on a GPX, KML or KMZ file on your phone, for example, in an email attachment or on Google Drive
3) Open a GPX file in your Web browser, then click "Share" in the browser's menu, then select "Peakbagger"
4) Download or copy a GPX, KML, or KMZ file to your phone manually, then open it with a file browsing app (such as Discoverer)
This can be used in outside of radio waves because use only GPS.
This is the free version of the limited functionality.
You can use all the features of the paid version in the "Mountain trip logger GOLD".
※Former name: Yamatabi logger
-Show current walking distance at the notification bar
-Display graphs of distance and speed and altitude (geoid corrected) and the pressure.
-Show result data on Chizroid, MyTracks and Google Earth.
-Export GPX/KML file
-Simple edit function.(Linking the measurements you've divided. Removal of the extra section. Simplify)
-Register to Google calendar
-Upload to LatLongLab. (Please install "Mountain trip logger connect" If it does not work)
-Walking for. For measurement interval is long, it is not suitable for use in high-speed movement, such as automobile
★A feature that is becoming available on GOLD
(1) chizroid real time update.
When you open in Chizroid map the log currently being measured, since then, the latest log will be automatically reflected in the screen of Chizroid.
It is possible to remain open map Lloyd, to confirm the trajectory of movement.
(2) Measure mode: Fine
It is a mode that allows measurement of one-second intervals in the shortest.
Battery will consume the minute, but you can take the log of fineness comparable to MyTracks etc.
(3) Battery monitor
To record the battery level during the measurement, it is also possible to display remaining graph and time prediction of up to battery power.
(4) Arrival alarm
To register arrival alarm, you add the location to Chizroid bookmark, and please select "Set alarm".
(5) Create widget
(6) Import GPX file
(7) Bluetooth transfer
Bluetooth transfer of result data to nearby smartphone or tablet.
(8) Mountain trip logger Smart2
To use SmartWatch2 and Tasker/Llama plugin app "Mountain trip logger Smart2", Mountain trip logger GOLD is required.
★How to migrate GOLD data recorded in free version
You can use the same data at free version and GOLD,
If preference of "Use SD card" is on at free version, you should turn on "Use SD card" at GOLD.
If preference of "Use SD card" is off (default) at free version,
You should turn on "Use SD card" at free version. And, recorded data will be copied to SD card.
And, you should start GOLD and turn on "Use SD card".
If you can watch the data correctly in GOLD, please uninstall the free version.
If has exist both, there is a possibility that defects unexpected occurs.
Alternatively, you can also not how to use an SD card, use and cloud-based backup feature, a copy by Bluetooth.
Please look at the official site for more information.
[Description of permission to use]
・precise location (GPS and network-based)
Used in the current position by GPS acquisition.
・add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge
Used in registration to Google Calendar. Do only registration. Read and change, it does not do.
・modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Used to read and store measurement data.
・modify system settings
Use with the switch to airplane mode.
・prevent device from sleeping
It is used to get the PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK the position when performing a search using GPS.
・run at startup
When it had restarted terminal unexpectedly during the measurement used to restart the measurement is automatically.
・access extra location provider commands
In the reset function with A-GPS update function, I use this.
I will ring the Vibe.
・view network connections/change network connectivity/view Wi-Fi connections
Used in the power saving function.
・access Bluetooth settings/pair with Bluetooth devices (GOLD only)
Used in the data transfer function via Bluetooth
OSMapTuner helps to add more details to the map, especially those details forcing mappers to be on-site, e.g. detailed tagging of roads, tagging of house numbers or tagging of additional attribute values. OSMapTuner increases the efficiency of OSM mapping.