!!! ATTENTION: This app is designed for tablets with a screen size bigger than 9'' !!!
With WeSail - Logbook you can log your sailing trip perfectly!
This App allows you to create a logbook with data of the boat, the route, a table of all the important information about your crew, weather, and many more.
It is the perfect tool for passionate sailors on long turns. Because of its intelligent automatic entry system it takes care of a lot of the boring paperwork, all by itself.
Entries can be created offline manually or by an automatic algorithm.
Automatic entries can be created because oft he following criterias (if the value is 0, the function is not acitvated):
- Change of course: Define the angle, for which a new entry should be created. This function is very nice while sailing because it catches i.e. every tack or jibe.
- Change of speed: Defines the speed change in knots for a new entry
- Time: If you use 30 minutes as a value, a new entry will be created if the last entry is more than 30 minutes back. This criteria is very nice for long distance routes.
Every Entry contains these information fields:
- Time: Time of the entry
- Latitude and Longitude: Coordinates of the position. Can be entered manuelly or received from the GPS of the device
- Position: Text of position, i.e.: „Marina Biograd“
- CC: Compass course
- CoG: Course over ground
- SoG: Speed over ground
- +/-: Engine on/off
- RPM: Rounds per Minute of the engine
- Genua: % of set Genuasail
- Main: % of set Mainsail
- Windspeed in knots
- hPa: pressure
- Weather: cloudage / rain / thunderstorm
- Others: Text for notes , zB: „Safety check“, „Oil level checked“, ...
You have the opportunity to save a daily weather forecast as well.
The motor hours, nautic miles with sails/motor, current tank capacity are calculated automaticly.
The logbook can contain these informations:
- Name of the ship
- Type of the ship
- Call sign of the ship
- Consumption of the ship in liter/hour
- Tank capacity of the ship
- Motor hours at the beginning of the trip
- Motor hours at last refueling
Additionally a complete crewlist can be used. You can save the most important informations of each crewmember with a handsome table layout:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Email address
The crewlist can be exported at all times as a PDF and send via mail.
After the sailing trip is completed, it’s easy to print the logbook as a PDF, export a GPX file of the track and send these files via mail to the whole crew.
The PDF contains a cover sheet, the logbook, the crewlist and a map with the covered route.
The GPX file contains all the waypoints and can be imported i.e. to Google Earth.
This app is perfect in combination with electronic sea maps on your tablet!
If you have any questions / improvement suggestions / wishes / complaints, please send me an email!
Have fun at your sailing trips! May there always be enough water beneath your keel.