You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.
Paraventure is one of the longest established paragliding schools and businesses in the UK and THE longest established in Wales. We are known for sharing unbiased advice completely free of charge to anyone within the sport that asks.
The main functions of the app will be:
1. Sharing info with anyone who wants it
2. Being able to reach pilots who are not on Facebook
3. Bringing attention to safety bulletins and educational pieces
4. Informing pilots of events etc
5. Being enable to push info within minutes of us getting it.
Chief Flying Instructor
GuardiApp automatically calls for help when you are not able to anymore. A "dead man's switch" for all outdoor athletes - a comforting feeling for you and your loved ones at home.
Whether jogging or running on lonely paths, during fog or at night, mountain biking in the forest, cycling, hitchhiking, trekking, climbing, skiing or snowboarding, skating, canyoning, horse riding, paragliding, flying, driving or motorcycling, etc., GuardiApp is your companion to make these and similar other activities safer.
FEATURES (Lite and Pro):
* Runs in the background during your activity
* Recognizes absolute motionlessness the way it can only occur after an accident, for example when you are unconscious
* Detects your current position
* Sends an SOS alert to your predefined emergency contacts via SMS, including your position
* Adjust sensor sensitivity to make GuardiApp usable for activities like car driving
* Configure more than one emergency contact (the Lite version only supports one single emergency contact)
* Answering machine: the alarm SMS will also be sent to people trying to call you after the alert has been triggered
By the way: should you happen to lose your device during your activity, just call it - the answering machine feature will send you an SMS with the exact position of your device. (Pro)
We respect your privacy! The requested permissions are used as follows:
* Precise (GPS) location: to determine your position during the alarming phase
* Read your contacts: to allow you to select your emergency contacts
* Read phone status: used by the answering machine feature (Pro only)
* Send SMS messages: to actually send the alarm SMS
* Prevent phone from sleeping: to keep the sensors and alerting functionality running in the background even when the screen is off and locked.
We guarantee you that no SMS messages will be sent to numbers not listed in your emergency contacts, especially not to any value-added numbers.
NOTE: GPS and mobile reception required for the use of this app. No replacement for certified search and rescue devices.
Finally one of the "Top 10 must have aviation apps" (Flying Magazine, July 2012) with thousands of installations is coming to Android!
- Unique user interface concept specifically designed for cockpit operations
- View PDFs of any size, possibly consisting of thousands of pages, including PDF-navigation (outlines, bookmarks)
- View images of any size, any resolution
- Whiteboard for storing handwriting
- Night mode suitable for night flying (red and green supported)
- Chronostat for one-click-storing of e.g. block time, departure time, etc., in UTC, and calculations
- Delivers the best experience on a tablet, but is also capable of running on Android phones and all other Android devices, which makes these perfect backup options (Android > version 2.2 required)
- Easy file sharing
- Designed with flight safety in mind
NOTE: this App doesn't contain ANY charts, but programs like Jeppesen JeppView™ make it easy to "print" charts into a PDF.