It is a humidity meter (barometer) that can track environmental conditions for up to 8 hours.
It uses these sensors:
Ambient temperature sensor (Thermometer)
These type of sensors are on devices such as the:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
For other phones without these sensors, the environmental conditions are
extrapolated using other basic sensors in the device.
Celsius or Fahrenheit
Outdoor range: -15 to 40 Celsius (5 to 104 Fahrenheit)
Indoor range: 12 to 34 Celsius (54 to 93 Fahrenheit)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app requires a device with a built-in temperature/humidity sensor (e.g. Samsung GALAXY S4 or Samsung GALAXY Note 3)
Few devices are equipped with a humidity sensor, but if your device has one, you will have the option to get the humidity directly from your Droid's hardware or from a weather service. If your device does not have the sensor, don't fret... We are able to take your location, determined by your device's GPS and with a little internet help, the app will show the humidity outdoors at your location.
Another fun and useful app from DS Software.
Important Note: Make sure beforehand that your device is equipped with an external temperature sensor and pressure sensor / humidity.
Device currently supported:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
With this widget, you can view:
* The outdoor temperature via the thermometer built into your smartphone
* The temperature of your battery
* The moisture
* The atmospheric pressure
No internet access is required and low consumption.
If you do not have a sensor on your mobile, you can not select information displayed on the widget.
Tap the widget once to force it to update its values in real time during a period of 10 seconds by default.
Tested on Galaxy S4.
The thermometer requests the data via a web service.
An Internet connection is therefore required.
Requires: GPS, Internet
- Display the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Indication of the position
- Wind speed and wind direction
- Sunrise and Sunset
- 5 days short preview
- Position Share
- Multiple backgrounds
- Individual background from the gallery of the smartphone
For questions, problems or suggestions please send an email to: email@example.com.
more info: http://ldevelop.com
tested with: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S1
Tags: temperature, thermometer, Celsius, Fahrenheit, wind, humidity.
- Innen- und Außentemperatur
- relative Luftfeuchtigkeit Innen und Außen.
- Taupunkt für Innen und Außen
- Neue Luftfeuchtigkeit
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a tricorder & mobile science kit!
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project in the world – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the University of Washington, Birmingham University and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
This app is 100% ad-free :)
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
*** This app is experimental! Readings from sensors may be faulty, we are developing ways of filtering and correcting this. In particular, individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
WeatherSignal is designed to help you make use of your phone’s sensors. What the app shows depends on what model of phone you have and how many sensors it has. The app works best on the Galaxy S4 (as that phone has the most sensors) but has functionality on most Android devices
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
You can see graphs and maps of all these values live or over time.
This app is also one of the first to feature Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. You can save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self tracking
*** NOTE ON TEMPERATURE READINGS ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this can sometimes be a bit approximate but we've discovered that there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings - if the phone is hot (perhaps because it's been in your pocket or has been charging or intensively used) then the readings will be higher than air temperature.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
You might also be searching for: luxmeter, lightmeter, light meter, magnetometer, barometer, hygrometer, accelerometer, thermometer ... if your phone has it, WeatherSignal reads it, graphs it, maps it, saves it.
(weather signal, opensignal, open signal)
- shows a different background color for temperature
- the temperature is automatically updated every 30min
- toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- the location is automatically updated when you move more than 3 miles/5km
Ad supported freeware
Keywords: thermometer, outdoor, gps, weather, local, celsius, fahrenheit, measure, warm, cold, color
You can change the displayed units because the app allows to change some settings.
The affordable units are:
Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees (for the temperature)
A percentage (Humidity)
Millibars, millimeters or inches of mercury (The atmospheric pressure)
The data value can be rounded to the nearest whole.You can turn on or turn off the animation.
The most important thing in design was the widget's "lightness" for easy information reading and, at the same time, did not have to take a lot of useful space of the desktop.
That's why I used the clear glass imitation for the ClimatSens visualisation.
Due to this, the widget looks good on any desktop wallpaper. I paid special attention to App low power consumption during the development.
When the screen is off the application goes into standby mode, which favorably affects the energy consumption.
Full version ClimatSens http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.alekseevsoft.climatsens
Freeware version http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.alekseevsoft.climatsens_free
well on many devices, including the Galaxy S4.
It is a great sensor tester.
It works nicely on the Galaxy note 3 also!
Temperature gauge: To determine the temperature in room.
Humidity meter (barometer): Humidity measure in relative percent.
It also measures the battery level and battery status.
It can be used as a simple battery doctor, but not a battery booster.
Disclaimer and Trademarks
Galaxy S is a trademark of Samsung. This app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.
This app only works on devices that have ambient temperature and humidity sensors like the Samsung Galaxy S4!
* Display current ambient temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Display current ambient humidity.
* Display dew point.
* Display absolute humidity.
* Display pressure.
* Display altitude based on pressure.
* Temperature graph to help visualize temperature change.
* Widgets for home screen and lock screen!
* Simple 2x1 widget for displaying humidity or temperature.
* Large 4x2 widget for displaying humidity or temperature. (Pro)
* Large lock screen widget.(Pro)
* Full customization of widgets. (Pro)
* Samsung Galaxy S4
* Humidity graph.
* Multiple languages.
* Improve graph.
* Improve performance.
* android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION. Used for getting altitude using GPS. ** The app will ask for permission to use the GPS before ever accessing the GPS.
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simple and beautiful interface.
- Supports Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Cool widgets! Try shortcuts on 4x1 widget! Or try 2x1 widget!
Why do our app need those permissions?
- Network communication: data need to be downloaded.
- Your location: in case you use geolocation.
- Phone calls: we need to read phone state so we can automatically update widgets after booting when detecting an Internet connection.
- System tools: change Wi-Fi state in case you use the switch available on widget 4x1.
The Weather &Temperature free Widget will display your environment temperature and humidity in real time in addition to weather forecast and other cool data.
The first installation required active internet connection (3G/WIFI) and few minutes to show all the information.
The Weather &Temperature Widget is a free software (coming soon Pro version) that take advantage of your Samsung S4 (I9500/I9505) environmental sensors (Temperature and Humidity) in addition to displaying web based weather forecast.
The Weather &Temperature Widget display real time Temperature and Humidity of your S4 device environment and uses internet data to capture the weather forecast in your location.
Now you can display the temperature in the notification bar, lock screen and “Air gesture Quick glance” screen.
New setting panel enable to select time format, Fahrenheit / Celsius units, Enable/Disable temperature display in the notification bar, weather refresh time and temperature sensor refresh time.
This app works currently only on Samsung S4 devices (the only device to include Temperature and Humidity sensors)
The widget display includes: two real time Temperature and Humidity meters, Current time and date, sunrise and sunset time of your current location, Current location, Current outside web based temperature and 4 day weather forecast.
The Widget supports Fahrenheit / Celsius units in the setting page.
The widget requires Internet connection and will consume your internet data plan for about 1-6 Mb/Month or more depend of your location change.
More from developer
You can browse your stored bookmarks, filter them by tags (add more to intersect, tap on top of the list to reset filter), search them and add new from the browser via "Share".
1. You need your OWN scuttle installation. This is not included in this app or done by me. Read http://scuttle.org for more information.
2. The app works on a local database, so if you change something in Scuttle directly, remember to re-import via the menu.
3. You can only add new bookmarks. Editing and deleting is currently not supported (Scuttle API limitation)
4. This app comes with no warranty whatsoever, it worked for me, it might work for you. After all it's free, :-)