It is a humidity meter (barometer) that can track environmental conditions for up to 8 hours.
It uses these sensors:
Ambient temperature sensor (Thermometer)
These type of sensors are on devices such as the:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
For other phones without these sensors, the environmental conditions are
extrapolated using other basic sensors in the device.
Celsius or Fahrenheit
Outdoor range: -15 to 40 Celsius (5 to 104 Fahrenheit)
Indoor range: 12 to 34 Celsius (54 to 93 Fahrenheit)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app requires a device with a built-in temperature/humidity sensor (e.g. Samsung GALAXY S4 or Samsung GALAXY Note 3)
I expect to be able to reduce the inconvenience of students to study or a related field who are engaged in the business related relative humidity(especially, paint-business)
* Relative humidity, dew point numerical implementation to one decimal
* Expansion of the range of -15 to implement the video to 40 degrees below zero
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a mobile science kit!
What if my phone doesn't have many sensors?
We've teamed up with Hex3.co to provide support for their StormTag and StormTag+. These bring pressure, temperature, humidity & UV sensors into a package that attaches to your keyring, never needs charging and sends data via Bluetooth LE. Get one now - from $20 on Kickstarter :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonatherton/stormtag-a-bluetooth-weather-station-on-your-keyri
Get the beta:
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the world's most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the Univ. of Washington, Birmingham Univ. and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
*** This app is experimental! Individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
The app works best on the Galaxy S4 since it has the most sensors. Get a StormTag to add sensors to your phone.
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
This app features Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. Save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self.
*** TEMPERATURE ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this is approximate but there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings if the phone is hot due to use.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
You might also be looking for: luxmeter, lightmeter, light meter, magnetometer, barometer, hygrometer, accelerometer, thermometer ... if your phone has it, WeatherSignal reads it, graphs it, maps it, saves it.
(weather signal, opensignal, open signal)
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
***IF UPGRADING FROM v184.108.40.206 OR LOWER TO v2.0.0 OR HIGHER YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION AND REBOOT FIRST. A "-24" error code appears during update. This error doesn't affect the app and only appears when you try to update. It is recommended you uninstall the old version of the app and reboot your device before reinstalling. If you don't want to update you can disable auto updates for the app in Google Play.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4x1, 1x4, and 3 1x1) with 3 style choices (on Android 4.2+ these widgets are also available for the lock screen)
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The 'About' section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
Devices with only a barometer:
Note 2 (II)
RAZR MAXX HD
XYBOARD 8.2 & 10.1
XOOM 1 & 2
HTC One (M8)
*Precise location... for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents... for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping... for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup... to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration... on a notification alert
- Innen- und Außentemperatur
- relative Luftfeuchtigkeit Innen und Außen.
- Taupunkt für Innen und Außen
- Neue Luftfeuchtigkeit
The main feature of the program is to display current temperature, humidity, pressure and illuminance in the status bar.
The application window contains four tabs: air temperature, air humidity, atmospheric pressure and illuminance. Navigation between tabs by using horizontal scrolling. The program displays the current sensors readings, readings dynamics (growth /decline) and a chart for a certain period of time.
If device has not any sensor, then the appropriate tab application will display information about it.
• Wide range of units of measurement (temperature: °C, °F, K; humidity: %, g /cbm; pressure: mmHg, hPa, mbar, inHg , Illuminance: Lux);
• Display changes readings from sensors in the form of a graph for a certain period of time (from 6 hours to 1 month);
• Setting min. and max. values on the ordinate;
• Display of the dynamics of change of sensor readings (growth/decline ) for a certain period of time (from 6 to 48 hours) ;
• Display sensor readings in the status bar;
• Change the color and size of the icons in the status bar;
• Ability startup icons;
• Ability to view information about the sensors installed in the device (name, manufacturer, current consumption, resolution, etc.);
• Flexible application settings (measurement units, correction of readings, normal value, notification setting, chart settings);
• Flexible color settings (color of the application window, interface color, tabs header color, indicators color, charts color, etc.).
Note! In the status bar temperature, humidity, pressure, and illuminance will be displayed only in °C, %, mmHg and lx respectively.
Dear users, if you have any suggestions or comments to improve the program, please write about it on the developer E-Mail or in the comments.
Important Note: Make sure beforehand that your device is equipped with an external temperature sensor and pressure sensor / humidity.
Device currently supported:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
With this widget, you can view:
* The outdoor temperature via the thermometer built into your smartphone
* The temperature of your battery
* The moisture
* The atmospheric pressure
No internet access is required and low consumption.
If you do not have a sensor on your mobile, you can not select information displayed on the widget.
Tap the widget once to force it to update its values in real time during a period of 10 seconds by default.
Tested on Galaxy S4.
You can change the displayed units because the app allows to change some settings.
The affordable units are:
Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees (for the temperature)
A percentage (Humidity)
Millibars, millimeters or inches of mercury (The atmospheric pressure)
The data value can be rounded to the nearest whole.You can turn on or turn off the animation.
The most important thing in design was the widget's "lightness" for easy information reading and, at the same time, did not have to take a lot of useful space of the desktop.
That's why I used the clear glass imitation for the ClimatSens visualisation.
Due to this, the widget looks good on any desktop wallpaper. I paid special attention to App low power consumption during the development.
When the screen is off the application goes into standby mode, which favorably affects the energy consumption.
Full version ClimatSens http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.alekseevsoft.climatsens
Freeware version http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.alekseevsoft.climatsens_free
Thermometer is the most accurate application in Google Play (down to a tenth of a degree).
Since 2009, Thermometer is the ONLY application to give you the outside temperature to the nearest tenth of a degree, in line with your exact location, throughout the world and in real time.
To achieve this, Thermometer uses multiple data sources from your surrounding environment and combines them together thanks to our own unique algorithms developed on our meteorological servers.
Thermometer is NOT just another application that tells you the temperature in a nearby town, using hour-old – or even older - data...
Key characteristics of the application:
- Most accurate temperature in Google Play (down to a tenth of a degree)
- Temperature corresponding to your precise location anywhere in the world and in real time.
- Fast location identification and temperature display.
- Multiple high-quality graphical themes (HD) are available allowing you to choose the one best-suited to you.
- Temperature can be displayed in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Internet connectivity is required to receive the temperature calculated on our meteorological servers.
In-App Purchase offer you numerous additional advantages:
- Temperature displayed even faster.
- All advertising fully deactivated.
- Priority access to support.
...plus you directly support our team in developing this application!
Don’t forget that if you like our application Thermometer, you can rate it and comment on how satisfied you are with other users.
You can also search for and follow us on Facebook (Mobiquite), Twitter (MobiquiteFr) and Google+ (Mobiquite).
Should you encounter any problems, please email us at the following address: email@example.com
CAUTION: If you only leave your comment on Google Play, we won’t be able to answer you directly there and therefore help you!
The READ_PHONE_STATE permission is needed by some ad networks. If you do not agree with that, you can buy the paid Thermometer app that does not asked this permission here:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app requires a device with a built-in temperature/humidity sensor (e.g. Samsung GALAXY S4 or Samsung GALAXY Note 3)
See if the weather forecasts from weather stations are true with Thermo! A first of its kind Android app that lets you measure temperature and humidity readings. No more having to rely on online weather reports or even the news. Use Thermo and turn your phone into a thermometer.
This application relies on thermometer/ambient temperature sensor present on your device. Please check the manual and ensure your device is equipped with a thermometer before purchasing it.
Thermo works on any device that has an inbuilt thermometer. Simply download the app and install it to convert your phone into a temperature sensor device. Measure temperature in Fahrenheit or Celcius at any point of time and across time intervals. You can also add a description to each reading, which can later be used for filtering the readings. You can also monitor the temperature over a period of time and log various readings under a heading, allowing you to track changes in the temperature. The app also lets you view the log in a graphical manner. The graph, combined with filtering, offers a powerful tool for tracking temperature changes.
Thermo for Galaxy S4 reads and reports ambient humidity as well. It uses Galaxy S4 inbuilt humid sensor to measure humidity.
And once you’ve done that you can share your location and your reading instantly on to your favourite social network, Facebook. Your post would be geo-tagged as well!
The app also has a calibration option that can be customized by you for your phone. You can offset any errors in temperature reading due the sensor inaccuracy, influence of heated battery or phone case you may be using.
What’s more there’s a home screen widget that lets you quickly view the current room temperature. This widget has been developed efficiently to consume the least amount of battery possible. You have an option to automatically add log from widget. Please set a log title in the settings screen to enable this feature. Latest version of the app can display the temperature reading on the notification tray.
Currently, Thermo supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Arabic, Korean, Chinese and Japaneese.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is the first mobile phone to provide an ambient temperature sensor. And Thermo is one of the world's first temperature apps.
Samsung Galaxy S 4 ( sgs4 or gs4 )
The reading displayed may not be accurate and hence we do not recommend it for medical purposes.
Normally other applications thermometers showing temperature, they do based on external data, showing a rough measure and always outside. With this app you will know the temperature of a room or a house in particular, helping you identify the ideal temperature at which you feel most comfortable. Real weather app.
This type of sensors do not yet include many devices, the Samsung Galaxy S4 being one of the first, and now the Galaxy Note 3, which were developed for this application. Use only on devices with a real temperature sensor.
Thermometer inside. Weather app
This is a free version, there is a paid version of this app with widgets and no advertising.
The My Backyard Weather application is your virtual weather station, allowing you to remotely monitor indoor and outdoor environmental conditions from nearly anywhere on the planet. The My Backyard Weather dashboard includes temperature gauges, humidity monitors, wind data, rain measurements, your personalized weather forecast and more. For indoor monitoring, AcuLink compatible sensors can act as a digital thermometer or humidity monitor, allowing you to measure conditions like attic temperature or basement humidity.
• Monitor up to 3 AcuLink compatible sensors per AcuLink Internet Bridge (sold separately at AcuRIte.com).
Remotely track changing weather conditions in and around your home or business, including:
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- Barometric Pressure
• Receive real-time text message alerts and/or email notifications when conditions change. Programmable weather alerts include high / low temperature alerts, oncoming storm warnings, wind alerts, rain alarms and more.
• Share indoor conditions and your local weather conditions with friends & family, or with a weather network, like Weather Underground.
• Chart & graph historical data.
• Easy setup & hassle-free installation with free US-based support.
You can browse your stored bookmarks, filter them by tags (add more to intersect, tap on top of the list to reset filter), search them and add new from the browser via "Share".
1. You need your OWN scuttle installation. This is not included in this app or done by me. Read http://scuttle.org for more information.
2. The app works on a local database, so if you change something in Scuttle directly, remember to re-import via the menu.
3. You can only add new bookmarks. Editing and deleting is currently not supported (Scuttle API limitation)
4. This app comes with no warranty whatsoever, it worked for me, it might work for you. After all it's free, :-)