NOTE: There is one situation where SMS Time Fix is unable to fix your messages. If messages sent while your phone is turned off (or disconnected) show the time that your phone was turned on (connected), and you'd like it to show the time the message was actually sent, then SMS Time Fix will not solve your problem. Please contact your network provider and your device manufacturer and let them know that you are not satisfied with the way your phone and the network have been configured.
SMS Time Fix on Github:
* Needs root access, SMS read/write permissions, Contacts read permission and SD-Card for temporary storage
Recover accidentally deleted short messages instantly from your internal phone database and restore them in the original SMS thread. Forensic and sophisticated algorithms are used to search for deleted short message patterns. No PC needed.
Messages will recovered with original date and time stamp.
Note: Deleted messages may be overwritten by new incoming or outgoing messages. This will effect the quality of message recovery.
The sooner you act the better the results will be.
SMS Recovery is not for recovery databases after factory resets, dialer clear actions or other clearing operations which delete whole databases.
English, Japanese, German, Korean, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
Remember to enable IMAP in Gmail.
Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup+ is installed on the SD card. Future version will hopefully fix this, in the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
For those of you worried about app permissions: there is a detailed explanation in the FAQ section of the website.
Also, please consult the FAQ on the website before sending me an email.
Completely no frills, no ads, and no annoying pop-ups!
(Pop-ups now optional)
Now works with GO SMS, Handcent, and other 3rd party clients! If you are having trouble getting it to work with these clients, try uninstalling and re-installing THAT app (NOT THIS ONE). The way android handles notification priorities is based on which app was installed first. I apologize for the inconvenience, but there is nothing I can do on my end.
If you like the app, download the pro version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dberm22.SMSWakeUpPro
More pop-up settings, messaging shortcut, no donate message, and a sense of pride for helping out a struggling small-time dev. I am also currently working on getting it to work with email and gchat.
If you have any suggestions for features, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Just fixed the "This program is incompatible with your device" error with Jelly Bean! If you guys are still getting this error, let me know, and head over to droidaphile where they have hosted the apk for you to install. Just click the link below to access the file and ind an unbiased review of the app:
* Support Emoji characters in text format and can be displayed in Emoji supported OS (Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or later)
* Filter by conversation
* Filter by date
* Filter by SMS type
* Sorting SMS
* Export to Normal plain text (*.txt)
* Export to CSV, comma-separated values (*.csv)
* Restore SMS from previously exported .txt or .csv file
* Selectable date and time format
* Support Unicode UTF-8 encoding with/without BOM
* Support Windows, Unix, Mac plain text new line format
★ Our Facebook page has some Sample Output screenshots
We have a free version that you can download here:
TO APPLY TO TEXT MESSENGER:
1.) Open up your favorite text messenger. Either: Go SMS Pro, Handcent SMS, or chompSMS.
2.) Locate the 'Scan for font packages' feature. This will be located in the customization or style menu. Here are the specific paths:
Menu => Settings => Custom style => 'Scan external font package'
Menu => Settings => Customize Look => Custom Font Packs => 'Custom Font Packs'
GO SMS Pro:
Menu => Settings => Advanced => Appearance Settings => 'Scan font packages'
3.) Scan for font packages. Note: Sometimes it will not appear to detect them, but it has.
4.) Try to change a font. Change the package to 'Font SMS Package'. All of the fonts that you see in Font SMS Suite will be available to you there.
5.) Please consider re-rating our app, given its new capability to disable all SendDroid ads.
TO APPLY TO ENTIRE PHONE:
Now when we say 'entire phone', we mean to the extent that GO Launcher allows, which is pretty extensive. You will definitely have that customized feel after applying our fonts.
1.) If you are all about customizing your phone, then you probably already have the GO Launcher app. If not, you need to get this to apply our fonts to entire phone.
2.) Go to Menu => Preferences => Visual Settings => Font in GO Launcher.
3.) Now press the 'Scan font' button.
4.) Press the 'Select Font' feature. Our fonts are included in the package called 'Font SMS Package'. We hope you enjoy them. We personally think they look fantastic in GO Launcher.
TO APPLY TO GO KEYBOARD:
Advanced Settings => Font Settings => Scan Fonts => Select Fonts
The fonts you see in Font SMS (Pro) will be available there.
Please remember to rate us based on how much you enjoy your new fonts in Go SMS Pro, Handcent SMS, or chompSMS.
1.) When you switch a theme, sometimes you must reset the font you have chosen. Simply, change the font again. This is something the text messenger does, not Font SMS Suite.
2.) When in doubt, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to work with the lead developer directly.
Sometimes this app has trouble working on Samsung smart phones. I recommend trying the free version out first, no refunds will be given.
Please rate this app. Thank you.
NOTE: On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v4.4.2
Please note that MMS (Picture/Audio/Video messages) support is currently in BETA.
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network communication: For displaying Advertisements.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to load Ads when there is no connection.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
*NEW: Improved support for when Hangouts is set as your SMS app (it does not work with regular Hangouts messages)
SMS Popup provides a convenient popup dialog when a message is received that allows you to quickly read and reply to messages. It also provides in-depth customization of message notifications including contact specific sound, vibrate and LED settings.
NOTE: SMS Popup does mark message as "read" - if the notification tray icon does not disappear, make sure you disable the system messaging app notifications and use SMS Popup's notifications instead. Please see FAQ for more information.
Full feature list:
-convenient popup window on incoming message
-quickly reply, delete or close the message
-built-in "quick reply" for even faster messaging directly from popup window
-have your messages read to you using text-to-speech
-reply to messages using the system voice recognition
-customize notifications including sound, vibrate pattern, LED color (if available) and notification icon
-also customize notifications for individual contacts
-setup notification reminders (repeating notifications if you miss the first one)
-optional privacy mode to hide sender name and message contents
This app listens for incoming SMSs, saves them as fast as it can in an internal database (not the INBOX) and shows a notification.
If you see a "ghostly notification" from this app, but not from the stock SMS/MMS app (check screenshot #2), you can open the app, read your lost message and -if you wish- you can move it to your INBOX to store it or reply to it.
If you don't want to move it to the INBOX or if the stock SMS/MMS app didn't lose the message (check screenshot #1 and... good for you, by the way!), you can safely delete it from the internal database: no message from the INBOX is EVER deleted.
More informations can be found on the homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12765846
If this app helps you recover a precious message you would have hated to lose, consider a small donation as a token of appreciation ;-)
Donations are handled as In-app payments and enable the following OPTIONAL features:
- Remove Ads
- Use delayed notifications
If you lose your donation information (i.e.: you reset your device or you move to a new device) just open the app, hit the "Menu" button and select "Donations". The app will synchronize with the Market and restore every donation you made.
- SMS permissions are needed to write to the INBOX.
- Read contacts is needed to show the contact name in the list.
- Internet/Network is needed to show Ads. No other network communication is done.
- Billing is required for donations.
If you have any issues with the app, before posting a 1-star comment (I can't reply to them!) contact me on G+ (https://plus.google.com/115133497526444505927/posts) and I'll try to help. If I can't help you, go ahead and post a 1-star for the benefit of everyone else!
What do people think of this app?
"Works wonders! Wonder how many messages I missed before this app. It caught 10 messages in a couple weeks that my android missed or didn't notify." - M., Jul 13th, 2012
"Thx u Thx u" - R., Nov 13th, 2011
"Love this App! I thought that people were just not responding but in reality there messages were just getting lost and with this App it helps me recieve those messages that get lost." - S., Jan 3rd, 2012
"Does exactly what it says it does. A nice quick-fix for an annoying problem." - C., Apr 10th, 2011
Type in all the details needed, press the "Fake SMS!" button and the App will put your message with all the settings you set into your conversation folder of the number you provided. You can also enter Text or a number, which is not in your addressbook.
Why you should choose SMS Faker:
☆ Easy to use
☆ No complicated functions that nobody needs
☆ No Ads
☆ Free Support
☆ Nice and simple GUI
Feel free to send me bugs and problems to email@example.com and i'll try to fix them for the next version.
If you want to translate the App in your language feel free to contact me!
Thanks alot to Serum for the new App icons and the high resolution icon!
One more time after reading the comments: This App does NOT actually send text messages. It only creates the message as if somebody sent a message to you or as if you sent a message to somebody.
☆ Main Layout is now scrollable (Thank you Susan!)
☆ Added AppRater
☆ Added Android 4.0 ICS Support
☆ Fixed Bug with ContactPicker
☆ Small Code improvements
☆ Added User Request: Landscape Mode
☆ Fixed the NullPointerException Bug
☆ Added Donating Version of SMS Faker
☆ Added Settings
☆ Added About
☆ Added Menu
☆ FC Bug should be fixed
☆ Added Report Bugs
☆ Small Code improvements
☆ Small Layout improvements
☆ Fixed 1 minor Bug
☆ New App Icons
☆ Fixed minor Bugs
☆ Fixed language issues
☆ Numerous Notification improvements
☆ Notification & Vibration added
☆ Layout fixed (Scrolling now possible)
☆ Checkbox values are getting saved
☆ French translation added
☆ Fixed major Layout Bug
☆ Cleaned up Code
☆ Pick Contact from Addressbook
☆ Date and Timepicker for easier control
☆ Message in Multiline
☆ Main Layout fixed
☆ 2 Minor Bugs fixed
☆ Added Spanish translation
Forward received SMS to a specified phone or email, you could forward all received sms or the sender in the address book.send a notification to your specified phone or email, when have a miss call. the forwarded message include a header to hint you the original sender.
as forward sms, you can send notification of miss call to your specified phone or email.
now you can send sms 'on' or 'off' from destination number to your forwarder phone, to enable or disable forward function.
send mail with end to end, ssl mode, ensure protecting your privacy.
You can backup apps & contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Gmail. You will never lose your data again!
To get the Ads free pro version, please click here:Super Backup Pro
If your phone has inbuilt storage, the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure default backup folder is in your external SD card before doing it. If not, please copy the entire backup folder ("SmsContactsBackup" by default)to your external SD card
-Backup apps to SD card
-Backup & restore app's data(need root)
-Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
-Backup Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to SD card
-Restore Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars from SD card
-Can select SMS conversations to backup
-Delete the backup data on SD card
-Schedule automatic backups
-Auto upload scheduled backup files to your Gmail
-Show last backup count & time
-User can change backup folder path in Settings
-Can backup Contact's group and picture properties
READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)/EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
These permissions are used to backup & restore your SMS
READ YOUR CONTACTS/MODIFY YOUR CONTACTS
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Contacts
WRITE WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY/READ YOUR WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Bookmarks
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION/ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS WITHOUT OWNERS' KNOWLEDGE
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Calendars
READ CALL LOG/WRITE CALL LOG
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Call logs
- Italian- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Portuguese- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Korean- Thanks to 장승훈
- Hungaria- Thanks to Balu
When you need to re-install the phone system; repair or change the phone, or want to keep your messages private from others, this app is the perfect helper to you which provides the easiest way to backup and restore SMS data.
As long as backup is done by this app, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app.
You have two ways to backup. To SD card or to a private E-mail. (If you choose to backup to a private E-mail, please set your Gmail account in advance)
* SMS backup
* Restore SMS. This app will automatically import the data to the original position.
* Two backup types: Backup to SD card or a private E-mail, you can choose the backup type on your own.
* View feature: you can check the backup messages on SD card, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app without restore.
* Private E-mail setting. You can set your own private E-mail if you want to backup by Email. The backup files will be sent to your designated E-mail address.
* Delete feature. You can delete the backup files on the SD card as you wish.
--- Feedback ---
If you have any issues or concerns with SMS backup, please send me an email and we will find a solution for this problem! Thanks! :)
SMS Lock helps you out!
SMS Lock is a light tool to protect your personal short messages(SMS & MMS).
The cute lock is designed upon Android system level, to provide fully privacy protection to your short message box(Messaging). After enable SMS Lock, there will be lock pattern protection when opening short message box.
• Uninstalling the application is made within the same through the Uninstall option ;
• Do not perform the data cleansing App , because it will block functions as SHOW and return the settings , thus making it impossible unhide the app again and access the settings ;
• Control the actions of antitheft Droid via text messages ( SMS ) ;
• Returns the location based on the NET ( Approximate ) and GPS ( Exact ) ;
• Automatically activates the GPS if it is turned off at the time of the request the location of the device ( if your device has this feature ) ;
• Automatically activates WIFI NETWORK , if it is turned off at the time of the request the location of the device ;
• Does not affect battery life ;
• Your phone can be visualized on a map through the location address that is returned when requested its location;
• Fire alarm audible antitheft device even if the device is in silent mode ;
• Need a password to disable the audible alarm ;
• Tracking is performed only when requested .
• Identifies the exchange of Chip phone , returning phone's location at the time of exchange ( along with the phone number ) , addition of new information Chip ( Operator , IMEI , phone number ( if supported by the new chip ) ) ;
• Returns action information remotely executed ;
• Easy to set up ;
• Allows hide / hide the theft from the list of Droid applications ;
• The theft Droid works even without internet connection ;
• Text messages sent and received for the antitheft Droid will not be listed in the Messages application on android ;
• The location can be made from any phone ( the phone does not need to be android because to locate just send an SMS with the keyword set) ;
• Support interface in Portuguese PT- BR ;
• Available on Application Help ;
• Password to access the App ;
• Lock uninstall ( The same can only be made inside the application) ;
• Return on the settings remotely ;
• When you upgrade the application antitheft it will again be shown in the list of Android apps , so you can see and configure the new features if they are available ;
• Do not leave the application on the desktop of Android , because it will not only concealed blocked its implementation;
• The App does not work with the device switched off or out the battery , however turning it on again , and this time was made a location request , the antitheft droid return location ;
• Make sure your questions can be resolved by the application's Help option , many questions can be taken for this option ;
More from developer
This app tries to read free accessible informations (and if found) the last debit transactions from Austrian (and maybe other) Maestro debit cards (in Austria called "Bankomatkarte"). Until now tested with "Bank Austria" and "Sparkasse" Maestro cards.
Of course works only with NFC-enabled cards (these cards often have the "pay pass" logo or the NFC logo printed on them).
At the moment this app does not use the full EMV standard, so maybe it won't give much or any infos on cards from other banks. This app only uses reading commands, so no harm should be done to your card.
But I do not assume any liability for errors or losses of any kind! Use at your own risk!
This may not be perfect, or the best way this could be done. I'm not an EMV expert. This was not to be intended a professional project, but just a small proof-of-concept solution for myself to learn more about EMV - made in my free time. Check the link section on the project's Github website for more information on the result data and on EMV.
Note on security:
As banking cards may contain sensitive information, everyone should be careful when installing apps like this one. So to increase trustworthiness:
• This app only uses the "NFC" permission and nothing else (also no internet access!).
• The full source code of this app is freely available at: https://github.com/johnzweng/bankomatinfos
• No data is being stored or sent (unless you send it yourself via Android's "Share" function).
This app does not contain any ads!
Have fun! :-)
Some technical details:
This app tries to read the AID A0000000043060 (Mastercard Maestro) and D040000001000002 (Paylife Quick) on the smartcard and tries to read all free readable infos on the card. The data on these cards is usually encoded following the EMV standard for payment systems. The app tries to decode the data to make it human-understanable but this may not work on all cards. All output from the card is also presented in its raw form (hexadecimal byte arrays).