The PIEL Survey App is designed to gather survey data from people in their daily lives.
Surveys can be scheduled by the researcher and the participant will receive notifications to answer the survey.
- Currently there are 4 question types; list, checkbox, slider and free text.
- List questions can also be made to branch to different questions depending on the response.
- Schedules can be fixed, random or semi-random.
- The surveys will run even when an internet connection is not present.
- Users can swipe between questions.
- Design feature to ensure accessibility.
This app is ideal for "in the moment" data gathering, also known as Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) or Experience Sampling Management (ESM). This allows a more complete understanding of a participant's thoughts and feelings than traditional survey methods.
Manual surveys can also be run based on certain events occurring or to directly interview participants.