The 15th World Congress on Public Health will be held in Melbourne 3 – 7 April 2017.
The Congress serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards protecting and promoting public health at a national and global level.
This Congress aims to improve public health by:
* Engaging diverse voices, ideas, vision and actions of committed professionals and citizens to strengthen and transform the global public health effort and influence decision makers
* Analysing, demonstrating, and sharing local, regional and global public health lessons particularly gender and discrimination
* Examining the effective translation of evidence based science into action
* Articulating and promoting the pivotal role of health in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
* Supporting and nurturing the next generation of public health leaders
* Building on the intent of the Kolkata Declaration 2015 and Global Charter for Public Health
* Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the WFPHA
* Celebrating World Health Day, 7 April 2017.