GPS Trails Pro works in remote places like national parks, wilderness areas, and backcountry spots without relying on data and cell signals.
With GPS Trails Pro, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, summits, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. Store unlimited tracks.
Share your trip: Post adventures to backpacker.com, Twitter and Facebook.
Geotag your photos, videos, and sound clips: Save coordinates with every image and see their exact location on a map. Auto-save videos to your YouTube account too.
View maps: See unlimited street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo.
Navigate on the trail: Be an expert backcountry navigator. Use the digital compass to follow bearings or go to waypoints on the trail.
Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
Get worldwide aerial images on your phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Pick your coordinates: Choose latitude/longitude or UTM and WGS 84 or NAD 27 then use GPS Trails for advanced navigation with traditional paper maps.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and the trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Plan trips with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com and wirelessly sync them to Backpacker GPS Trails app. You can mark points, draw tracks, upload GPS files, print maps, and more. (requires membership)
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine. Kickstart your adventure writing and photography career with GPS Trails.
NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
Supported Phones: GPS Trails Pro is designed and optimized for the Android phones.
Battery Life: While we optimize our code to cut down on power requirements, continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For longer dayhikes or overnight trips, we suggest packing lightweight battery packs to charge the phone.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our mobile apps to discuss upcoming releases, new features, and your feedback. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
Tour Boston's Freedom Trail App is jam packed with content including full audio, HD video footage, GEO location and maps, thorough historical information about each of the sites, and important details such as public restroom locations, handicap accessibility, contact information and hours of operation.
The Freedom Trail is Boston’s most famous attraction. The 2 ½ mile red line winds its way through the city, linking historically significant sites and telling the story of the birth of the United States. This interactive App covers all of the 16 official sites on the Freedom Trail, along with many other interesting “unofficial” sites that you might otherwise pass right by. In total there are 45 points of interest, making this the ultimate app to guide you through Boston's Freedom Trail. It is the only guide you need to learn all about this important piece of history, while you go at your own pace.
Summary of Features:
- Learn about Boston’s famous Freedom Trail
- Great historical information about the trail and each site
- Extra “unofficial” stops along the way
– Don’t miss a thing!
- 45 Total Points of Interest!
- Full audio, video and text for each site so you can choose how to experience the trail
- Geo-location & maps so you won’t get lost
- Beautiful HD video footage of each site
- Restroom information,
- Handicapped accessibility information
- Hours of operation & contact information for the sites
- Wikipedia links for even more information
- Self-guided tour
-Your location is now shown on the map(when location services are enabled)
- Save money and go at your own pace!
- The map points show official stops in Red, and unofficial stops in Purple. Stops are now all displayed on the map.
- Now you can start from the Boston Common (stop 1) or Bunker Hill Monument (stop 16). Just shake the device or use the re-sort button on the iPad and the tour will be re-ordered to either 1-16 or 16-1.
- all the media can be downloaded to the device before you hit the trail. This is a great update for travelers that might go outside their network.
Read along with the text, or just relax and listen to the audio while you explore the sites. You’ll even find some little known facts, and interesting details about places that are not officially part of the trail, but that you might otherwise pass right by. With more features than any others available, you can experience a completely self-guided tour. This means you can move at your own pace and not worry about keeping up with an organized tour while you take in more of the city of Boston and take breaks when you want to. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Freedom Trail right here! Even if you can’t make the trip to Boston, this is a great app to learn about the Freedom Trail from the comfort of your home. With so much great information, full audio, hours of beautiful HD video clips and photographs, you’ll feel like you’re there!
- Write External Storage: Allows you to download the media content to your SD card
- Internet: Allows streaming/downloading of audio/video
- GPS Location: Allows the app to show your location on the Map View
- Access Network/Wifi State: Used to determine if Wifi is available(used when downloading media)
- Wake Lock: allows the app to keep a Wifi lock while you are downloading media from the Download page
Get inside stories from top attractions: there are secret stories, personal testimonies and a bit of history too. It’s a great way to find out more about world-famous attractions and hidden gems.
Hear from the Managing Director of the Barbican Centre, the Curator of Guildhall Art Gallery, an exhibition guide at Tower Bridge and the Monument, the Director of Programmes at the Museum of London, the Dean of St Paul’s Cathedral, a chorister at St Stephen Walbrook, and the Chief Yeoman Warder of the Tower of London.
You can listen on the go as you walk around the City with the City Visitor Trail map, as the app tracks your location to bring up the right content at the right time. Or you can just listen from a distance and enjoy fascinating stories about the City of London.
We’ll be updating the app with more stories over time. In the meantime, please give us your feedback – and happy listening!
- Trail names in the map are typically presented in the local language!
- Trails and trail names are easy to read outdoors on a mobile device.
- Works with or without a cell signal.
- Works as a stand alone GPS tracking and trail navigation device.
- Also, specifically designed to work in conjunction with juicytrails.com, so you can browse, upload, or draw GPS tracks right on the http://www.juicytrails.com/ map and download them in the app.
- Use juicytrails.com to embed the Juicy Trails map and GPS tracks on your website so your users can follow them using this app.
- Incredibly powerful GPS tracking performance that uses very little power.
- Upload public or private GPS tracks to juicytrails.com.
- Any trails you add to Openstreetmap will appear on the Juicy Trails Map within 24 hours.
Note, elevation contour lines will appear worldwide in a future map update!
See http://www.juicytrails.com/ for more!
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful offline map viewer for Android devices. Load maps onto your device and access them even when there is no Internet connection. Carry them around like books or music! Navigate the map with a GPS connection (no 3G/LTE needed), view maps without a network connection and without roaming charges, add custom points of interest, and share them with others.
The PDF Maps for Android app has the following features in this 1.2 release of the app:
• Browse, purchase, and download maps from the Avenza Map Store (existing iOS PDF Maps accounts are compatible)
• Load Geospatial PDF, GeoPDF® and GeoTIFF maps
• Add maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
• Show GPS position
• Plot placemarks and record tracks with GPS
• Measure distances and areas
• Share, pictures and placemarks with family and friends
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Estimate travel time
• Load your own maps through iTunes and from SD Card.
Thousands of free specialty maps for offline use available through the in-app Avenza Map Store!
Browse and purchase maps for:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Looking for a particular map? Want to be a vendor to sell maps? Contact us in app and let us know. We are growing and adding more maps daily!
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Android version 4.0.3 and above.
• Devices with less than 1 GB RAM may encounter problems with processing maps and other memory related issues.
The Farm Gate makes it easy to find those hidden treasures out on the trail. From the Northern side of Sydney to the far South Coast there are trails to explore and delicious experiences to be had.
Find a farm or what's in season in the Sydney Hills, Brooklyn, the Hawkesbury, Penrith, Wollondilly, and the NSW South Coast.
Get the app to show you what's close to you, if there's a farmers market, the fun and interesting things to do, and great places to dine and stay along the way.
Want to find that perfect peach, crunchy apple, lovely chestnut, juicy orange or mandarin straight off the tree? Search the growers to find them. Want to learn about your food? Browse the produce categories to discover things you can't get in the supermarkets.
Use The Farm Gate to plan a great day out for the family or with friends. Stay a night, take a tour, visit a winery, take in the scenery, learn, taste, buy and indulge your hunger for the great things in life and the joys of being an eater. Chances are you'll discover as much about yourself as you do about The Farm Gate.
In just five years, the number of Kentucky wineries has soared from 14 to more than 65 and counting. Visit a winery today and witness where rich heritage and modern winemaking converge for an experience that is uniquely Kentucky.
A product of
New West Agency,
950 Breckenridge Lane
Louisville, KY 40207
OS Support: Android 4.x+