GPS Trails Pro works in remote places like national parks, wilderness areas, and backcountry spots without relying on data and cell signals.
With GPS Trails Pro, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, summits, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. Store unlimited tracks.
Share your trip: Post adventures to backpacker.com, Twitter and Facebook.
Geotag your photos, videos, and sound clips: Save coordinates with every image and see their exact location on a map. Auto-save videos to your YouTube account too.
View maps: See unlimited street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo.
Navigate on the trail: Be an expert backcountry navigator. Use the digital compass to follow bearings or go to waypoints on the trail.
Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
Get worldwide aerial images on your phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Pick your coordinates: Choose latitude/longitude or UTM and WGS 84 or NAD 27 then use GPS Trails for advanced navigation with traditional paper maps.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and the trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Plan trips with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com and wirelessly sync them to Backpacker GPS Trails app. You can mark points, draw tracks, upload GPS files, print maps, and more. (requires membership)
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine. Kickstart your adventure writing and photography career with GPS Trails.
NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
Supported Phones: GPS Trails Pro is designed and optimized for the Android phones.
Battery Life: While we optimize our code to cut down on power requirements, continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For longer dayhikes or overnight trips, we suggest packing lightweight battery packs to charge the phone.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our mobile apps to discuss upcoming releases, new features, and your feedback. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
FOXNews, TappedIn - http://bit.ly/iCqKVp
"You can save your tracks, save your maps, save your gpx's, etc. It's pretty freaking cool."
BackPackingLight.com - http://bit.ly/mebcqn
►► About Gaia (guy-yuh)
Painstakingly crafted since 2009, Gaia GPS offers the full functionality of a handheld, backcountry GPS unit, with the best outdoor maps on the Market. You can always get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaia comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• preview all maps online at www.gaiagps.com/maps
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
• use Gaia everywhere - any Android or iOS device, and online at cloud.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to import tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up and synced to other devices, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and TrailBehind waypoints on the map
• search for nearby waypoints and reports about places.
• import and export GPX/KML files, by file browser, DropBox, and email.
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more.
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get premium maps and features. A GaiaPro subscription costs $39.99/year or $3.99/month.
• download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for a many layers at once
• use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
• sync high-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
WARNING, Gaia GPS is not compatible with these 3 devices:
* Droid Razr Maxx
* HTC Wildfire
* Asus Transformer
The key feature of the application is a trail calculator that searches for the best route and estimates total hiking time. You just need to select the starting point of the hike and your destination. The application will calculate the fastest or the shortest route, display it on the map and show details such as estimated time, distance to be covered, altitude difference and an approximate level of technical difficulties.
The whole functionality of the application:
- Interactive trails map;
- Searching for places available for sightseeing;
- Information about peaks, passes and trail crossings;
- Hiking time along each trail;
- Distance, total ascent and difficulty of each trail;
- Finding the quickest or the shortest route.
Question: How to enter the planning trip mode?
Answer: After loading the application click the signpost icon in the search panel. Select the starting point and then all the next points you want to visit. To change the selected points use the back button of your mobile device.
Question: How do I change the map mode or the search mode?
Answer: Click the handle on the bottom left corner of the screen or perform the slide gesture from the left edge of the screen. Select your option in the panel.
The application is free and has no ads! We hope for a positive feedback from the users and we will try to provide new features. Please send your suggestions, ideas, error reports or inaccurate information.
* Great for tracking any outdoor activity: hiking, trekking, biking, walking …
* Upload all your trails to the cloud.
* Add pictures to your hikes, points of interest and comments as you go and post it to Facebook if you want.
* Share any trail with your friends
* Are you going somewhere and need to look for a hike there? Find new trails wherever you go, and follow them!
* Write&Read reviews of your favorite hikes or routes
* Checkout trail profiles (time, distance, speed, elevation, …)
* Save any route to “Your tracks” and follow it later in offline mode.
* Import or export any track in GPX, KML format.
* Continue or follow an existing route.
* Manage all your trails also at www.pinroute.com
hiking, hike tracks, trek, treking, trail, gps
We are located in downtown Grand Ledge alongside the Grand River. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Evening and weekend tours can be arranged by special appointment.
The Grand Ledge Opera House is a tribute to a town embracing its past while moving into the future. The building originally opened in 1884, when Grand Ledge was a thriving resort town, attracting tourists from throughout the Midwest, who were drawn to the area's natural beauty and bountiful entertainment. Located on the banks of the Grand River, it was first known as Riverside Roller Rink. Later it became Blake's Opera House, a home to theatrical troupes, athletic events and school graduations. In 1909 the building became Sackett's Opera House, then briefly a movie theater. In the late 1920's it was converted to a furniture store. In the 1980's the Mapes family of Sunfield donated the building and property to the Grand Ledge Area Historical Society. The Opera House was reborn in 1993 after careful restoration accomplished with private donations and the joint effort of the Historical Society and the Grand Ledge Area Chamber of Commerce. It is now home to the Barton Theater Organ from the Michigan Theater in Lansing. Today, the Opera House, enhanced by its new Commons and Gazebo, is a vital social and cultural center at the
heart of the community.
The TrailLink app offers in-app purchases for RTC's detailed offline trail maps which can now be downloaded for offline use in the TrailLink app to fully empower your next on-the-trail adventures! Take TrailLink with you and let Rails-to-Trails Conservancy be your expert guide out on the trail. Try it out today and register to get your first offline map for free!
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's GIS mapping initiatives have produced more than 26,000 miles of highly accurate trail maps which include tens of thousands of amenity waypoints such as parking lots, trailheads, tunnels, restrooms, drinking fountains & much more — all available for download in the TrailLink app.
TrailLink will allow you to:
•Search for trails near you or by location
•Search for trails on the map
•Read RTC's expert trail descriptions
•Read and write trail reviews
•Save your trail favorites
•Upload trail photos
•Share trails with friends
•Download RTC's trail maps for offline use
•See your location on the trail
•Find restrooms, parking & much more
•Sync your account with TrailLink.com
•Support the mission of Rails-to-Trails Conservancy!
Download TrailLink today and let RTC guide your way!
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app Map Store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Even more great features:
• Show GPS position
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own Geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Thousands of free specialty maps available through the Map Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Looking for a particular map? Want to be a vendor to sell maps? Contact us in the app and let us know. We are growing and adding more maps daily!
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• For best results, use Android 4.1 or higher. PDF Maps 1.4.3 requires Android 4.1 or higher.
• Devices with less than 1 GB RAM may encounter problems with processing maps and other memory related issues
• PDF Maps may not be supported on some Android devices with an Intel processor
PDF Maps is free for personal and private use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial use license. Contact email@example.com or visit www.pdf-maps.com for details.
Connect with us: