-Animated Radar Views
-Storm Relative Motion
-One-Hour Rainfall Total
-NWS Issued Alerts/Warnings
States Available: AL THROUGH TX
• Coverage from 65,000 publications
• Simple swipe-access to categories such as Top Stories, Technology, Sports & Weather
• Tune your layout with any of 60 country-specific editions, homescreen widgets and personalized news sections such as 'Hollywood', 'NASA', 'Fashion', or anything else that catches your fancy
• Tap any story for a deep selection of viewpoints, including in-depth articles, Opinion, and local perspectives
This is the first stage of a series of releases to enhance this app to have all the features of my iPhone version. Please let me know what features you would like to see next.
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
• Trusted forecasts include hourly, 36-hour, and 10-day forecast options (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
• Weather Maps: Fast, accurate, and localized radar maps offer past and future radar as well as severe weather alerts for storm tracking and tornado activity. With map layers you can select road or satellite views; activate hurricane tracking; and choose map layers, whether it’s cloud, radar, water temperature, wind speed, snow cover or more.
• Current weather conditions give you the “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
• Social Weather: Report your weather conditions to us! We'll use the information to improve the forecast & map out what others are reporting or tracking in your area. Plus, your report will be added to your personalized weather history, so you can track your past reports. To complete your report, remember to take a photo and share it with your friends. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
• Severe Notifications and Weather Alerts: Get alerts for severe weather and high pollen counts for any of your favorite location(s). You also have the option to activate an always-on temperature in your notification bar for tracking the location of your choice.
• Weather Widgets: Offered in several sizes, whether you want the 1x1 weather widget, 2x2 weather widget, 4x1 weather widget, or 4x2 weather widget
• Seasonal tools, like our airport delays module, pollen counts, and boat & beach planner help you plan your life around the weather. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
• From severe storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news stories. You can also watch our videos, which cover everything from your local forecast to climate change news.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
• Amazing background photos match your location and current weather conditions.
• Navigation: swipe up and down to view the detailed forecasts and news stories.
• The best weather app is also optimized for Android tablets
Don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying about the best weather app:
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“Besides launching an impressive new look, a selection of social features have also been added to the application, radar maps are faster, and navigation has been enhanced. …” – App Advice
“… bright, crisp design and thoughtful layout. It packs a lot of information into not a lot of space, and a new social weather feature makes the service even more interactive … The Weather Channel is a deep dive into meteorological data...” – PC magazine
“One of the more intriguing new features is something The Weather Channel calls ‘Social Weather,’ … a native, Waze-like weather reporting service.” – TIME
"The Weather Channel app ... provides fast, accurate information.” – iDownloadBlog
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON SOCIAL AND WEB:
Check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news and for tracking severe weather. Your WEATHER™ wherever and whenever you want it.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
Use RadarNow! to quickly see an animated radar image and current conditions! No digging through menus to see if a storm is on the way!
RadarNow! provides National Weather Service (NWS) Enhanced Radar "Base" (N0R) images from the NOAA WSR-88D NEXRAD Radar sites located around the US. Radar images are downloaded directly from NWS servers so are always the most current available. When you start the app, the radar images are from the site closest to your location.
Now on iTunes! Get RadarNow! for your iPad and iPhone.
NWS Alerts included with the free mode starting in v4.0. Only alerts issued to the your current county are sent and the alerts can be filtered so only the ones that interest you are used.
RadarNow! is a free download with access to Premium features. Use the FREE Standard version to monitor your local radar and receive NWS Alerts or choose to upgrade through the app to Premium if you want to activate the enhanced features. You may try the premium features with our free 5 day trial or purchase premium access for $5.99 for a "RadarNow! Lifetime" pass.
The 5 day free trial gives you free access to the premium features. Once the 5 day trial has passed, the app reverts back to the free "standard" mode. You will not be charged to use the free trial under any circumstances.
RadarNow! is designed to be fast, efficient and have great free options. If you want a full featured weather app that shows things like ski conditions or tide reports, we suggest using WeatherBug or Weather Channel. RadarNow! Standard (Free) provides animated radar, local conditions and NWS Alerts centered on your current location. Radar Now! Premium provides more zoom levels, range rings, selectable locations and a pannable map of the continental US with a looping weather radar.
RadarNow! uses US radars only, therefore is active for entire U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and areas of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean that border the U.S.
Please use the "Contact us" form inside RadarNow! (menu-setting-contact us) if you encounter a problem or have a suggestion for improvement.
We value your input! It was suggestions and constructive critiques from users just like you that led to the new, improved RadarNow!.
This new version of RadarNow! was created by USNaviguide in cooperation with Mighty Pocket.
Free, no ads, light on system resources, and easy to use. What more could you want? ;)
NOTE: This is a widget. After install, go into your apps list, select the 'widgets' tab (not 'apps'), and add a widget of type 'BOM radar'. After configuration hold on the widget to enter resize mode, the widget can be resized to any dimensions.
PERMISSIONS: Network access to load the images. Play store billing for (optional) IAP donate function. Device start notification so it can start the alarm to update the widget.
This is not an official BOM app - it's a fan-made widget.
To come in future versions:
- UI overhaul. I know it's very bare-bones at the moment, but you don't need to use it after you setup the widget as the image is the only UI you see regularly.
Please note: this app consumes data to load weather and nexrad information.
Further overlays include
★ Animated radar images
★ 1 hour precipitation
★ 24 hour precipitation
★ 1 day precipitation forecast
★ 1 hour minutely precipitation forecast and 48h details
★ Wind barbs
★ 8 day forecast
★ Weather charts
★ Precipitation alarm
★ Temperature profile overlay
★ Show local Tweets related to the weather
★ 48h forecast icons with many detailed information
★ Reads forecast, alerts, ... via text-to-speech on certain devices
★ Lightnings overlay
★ Vertical Radar Cross section
★ Storm Reports
★ Weather location history
For daily forecast information hover over the weather icons. To get a forecast for a location on the map just click on the location on the map.
Configuration and more features like meteograms are available from the menu in the lower left.
You can also control US Weather Radar with keys:
" ": start/stop radar animation
"v": show video forecast
"c": show webcams
"m"; show meteogram
"z": enter new zipcode for weather forecast
"!": show configuration
From Tregware, the same developer as the popular Weather Radar Live app for Windows Phone
Clouds, rain, lightning, temperatures.
Current weather and forecasts.
Free for all.
What will the weather be like? Cloudy or sunny? Rain or snow? How warm is it? Will it get stormy?
WeatherMaps provides an easy answer to all these questions with a rain radar, satellite image and storm info on one map.
WeatherMaps offers you these advantages:
- Data updates every 15 minutes
- Loop 1 hour back and 1 hour forward
- 24 hour forecast
- Various zoom levels
- Location detection
- Automatic updates
WeatherMaps Premium is available if you want to zoom in even closer. WeatherMaps Premium lets you track clouds, rain and storms even more precisely.
WeatherMaps Premium offers you these advantages:
- Zoom in even closer
- 1.25 miles resolution
- Data updates every 5 mins instead of every 15 mins
- No ads
- Can be used on up to 5 devices
WeatherMaps Premium can be activated in the app. WeatherMaps Premium pricing:
€2.69 for 1 month or €14.99 for 1 year.
No automatic extension. No subscription.
WeatherMaps Premium is free for WetterOnline Premium members.
We created the app for you!
That's why we'd love to hear your comments and suggestions. Please email us at:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Your WetterOnline Team.
► Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology forecasts and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
Using data from the Bureau of Meteorology, our team of Meteorologists review this data to ensure you get the most accurate forecasts available in Australia.
► Now with Snow & Ski forecast, reports and snow cams!
► What features are exclusive to Weatherzone?
✓ Exclusive 3 hourly temperature, icon, wind and rain probability forecasts for the next 48 hours for all major Australian locations from Opticast®
✓ 7 day forecasts for 2000+ Australian locations for minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
✓ National Radar and Lightning Tracker
✓ Weather news stories from our meteorologist's
✓ National Video forecast
✓ 1000+ international location forecasts and observations
✓ Exclusive Australian synoptic map with rain areas and amounts for 7 days (drawn by Weatherzone meteorologist every 12 hours)
► What are other features of Weatherzone?
✓ Real-time observations of temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am
✓ Sunrise and Sunset times
✓ Max UV rating
✓ Pollen Forecast (for capital cities except Darwin)
✓ Fire Danger Rating (where available)
✓ Navigation Drawer
✓ GPS search for current location
✓ Past 24hours observations
✓ Month to Date and Almanac
✓ Dynamic animated backgrounds that change as the weather does
✓ Real-time weather warnings
✓ Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia
✓ Animated National and State composite radars
✓ Animated satellite of Australia
✓ Can store and display UNLIMITED favourite locations
✓ Three widgets
- 4x2 Large w/ Clock
- 4x1 Medium
- 2x1 Small
► Snow & Ski
✓ Australia's only 14 day snow forecast
✓ Snow Reports
✓ Snow Cams
✓ Lift Status
✓ Road Conditions
► How do we make 3 hour forecasts?
Opticast® uses real time observations and up to 10 global weather prediction models that are intelligently combined to build the most accurate high resolution short term forecasts available to the Australian public.
► How do we provide more forecasts than the others?
We source data from the Bureau of Meteorology and then fill the gaps with our own team of professional meteorologists and in-house high resolution forecasting models.
► Who is Weatherzone?
Weatherzone is Australia's largest commercial meteorological organisation supplying most of Australia's media, electricity companies and other weather sensitive industries. Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology resources and unique internally developed computer modeling to produce the most accurate forecasts available in Australia. We are a team of meteorologists and developers that are dedicated to providing innovative weather services.
## If you are having problems accessing the widgets please make sure the app is installed to the phone and not the SD Card. ##
Australian weather, Aussie weather, Sydney Weather, Melbourne Weather.
If you have a suggestion for new features or content or find a bug, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
✓ Portrait/Landscape/Full Screen
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
Emergency AUS delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia. The ‘must have’ app for all Australians and visitors to help you get informed and stay up-to-date with emergencies that can impact you and your loved ones.
Providing you with real-time access to official warnings, incident reports and public Sensory Observations™ to aid in better decision making during emergencies and disasters. By bringing together emergency information from over 25 emergency service agencies and accessing observations submitted by the public, Emergency AUS delivers unparalleled emergency intelligence to residents, tourists and visitors.
Official emergency information is sourced from state and territory emergency services and provided in real-time.
• View information on the map or in a list
• Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
• Filter lists and map display by incident status, warning level or State/Territory
• National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
• Links to the official information sources provided
• Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
• Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including:
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
• Map Overlays to display:
- Rain Radar
- Fire perimeters
- Cyclone impact projections
- Thunderstorm tracker
- Fire Danger Ratings
- Warning areas
- Total Fire Ban coverage
Emergency AUS empowers you to capture, record and share information about emergency conditions impacting you. By sharing real-time observations, you help keep others informed which can make all the difference in making a safe decision.
• Access public observations (including photos) to increase your awareness
• Share what you know about an emergency to help keep others informed
• All observations represented on the map to help assess what is relevant to you
• Observations submitted by sense (see, hear, feel, smell)
• Observation categories include:
- Incident Observations
- Damage Observations
- Community Support
- Weather Events or Hazards
• Set a watch area to keep an eye on warnings and incidents in your area of interest
• Receive alerts directly to your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Advanced double pass analysis provides the most comprehensive assessment of a warning’s validity to your watch areas
• Variable shaped watch areas – once registered on www.emergencyaus.info, you can draw any shape to define your watch area to ensure you only receive information relevant to you
• View your watch areas on the incident map
• Choose whether to receive only warning, incident or all notifications
• On the road, on the move, on holidays? Receive notifications for emergency events based on the location of your mobile device
• Once activated, Emergency AUS v2 will send you information on emergency incidents and warnings close to you anywhere in Australia
You cannot be sure you are free from harm's way by only using the information provided by Emergency AUS. Always remember, your safety is your responsibility.
Built by GRIDSTONE.
Powered by RIPE Intelligence's Australian emergency information network.
Further integrated emergency information available at www.emergencyaus.info
A simple way to send someone your current location.
- Finds your current location and displays a map with your address
- Send via email, SMS or MMS
- Email and MMS contains your address and a map
Zoom in and adjust the map before you send it out!
EggRaider uses your phones GPS and compass to help you navigate your way around Melbourne to locate the Easter eggs. Once you’re close to the hidden egg, you can put the app into Augmented Reality mode and hold up your phone to find the ‘marker’ (which will be a sign or landmark around Melbourne) and a 3D model of an egg will be generated on your phone. You get points for every Easter egg you collect and can continue to race your friends around Melbourne city to be sure you’re the top of EggRaider’s leaderboard.
1: Quick start: just name your trip and press go.
2: Trips are stored online with NO registration required
3: Share trips from the phone, allowing a friends to monitor your progress
Updated: Now has a Google map live on the phone to follow your own progress.
Start it up and it will automatically find all your Logitech Squeeze output devices
Aims to replace the remote that comes with the Squeezebox Duet.
UPDATED - Now includes streaming radio!
COMING SOON - Folder views!
Messages can contain your address, a map and link to a google map
Manually move the marker to adjust your location
Configure a password to find your phone via SMS
SMS "find me " or "find me exactly " to be sent the address of your phone (Menu->Setttings)