Current weather and forecast for major centres around Australia. Update frequency configurable (defaults to every hour)
This is a widget that should be added to your dashboard.
Weather radar integration coming soon
*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Features
- List of current warning
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the device GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with a crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your device
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
This is a world class weather app made for Australians, by Australians.
Four years ago Pocket Weather Australia was the first Aussie weather app on Android, and we continue to update it to make sure it remains the best!
What has it got?
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology data
- Weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Rain radars all around Australia
- Tide times
- Push notifications for warnings
- Home screen widgets of various sizes, to quickly see the weather at a glance
Pocket Weather Australia is a joy to use, thanks to the time we've spent planning, designing, building & polishing the user interface.
- Simple, intuative ui
- Dynamic weather display indicates conditions at a glance
- Data is visualised as much as possible
- Contrast has been increased throughout app for better readability
Who makes this?
We do. We're called Shifty Jelly and we're from Adelaide. We're a team of four. We love making Pocket Weather Australia for you. :)
What has it got Part II: The details.
Hourly temperature & wind forecasts six days into the future (Everywhere except NT & QLD)
Forecast data (where supported)
- Chance of rain
- Amount of rainfall
- Maximum UV
- High & Low Temperatures
- Weekly forecast details
- Sunrise & Sunset times with first and last light
- Current Temperature
- Feels-like Temperature
- Rainfall since 9am
- Wind velocity
- Live UV
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
- Delta T
Three days of history information.
Tide tables can be set up for offline use.
Please try out Au Weather Free before purchasing to decide if you find the app useful. Note that the functionality of the paid version is essentially the same as the free, ad supported version, except for:
* additional radar ranges
* default radar range
* select any radar location
* more graph period options
* 4x2 widgets (will come to free soon)
* This app uses the mobile network to determine location (not GPS) - if your location does not update see the FAQ to enable mobile network location.
* This app only displays Australian weather from BOM weather stations.
* The app was originally designed for Android phones only, however, it should work on most tablets, however, the layout is not optimized for tablet.
Made in Australia
Tomfusion is Australian owned and operated - see Help for more info.
Please read disclaimer.
Email email@example.com with for support - feedback and suggestions welcome.
If you experience issues with the app:
a) check the FAQs (see Help menu on Favourites screen) or
b) email firstname.lastname@example.org
Side note: I rarely read user comments since it makes me lie awake at night. However, I do read every relevant support email sent to the support email address.
Comes with beautiful Widgets to refresh any home screen.
➤Sourced directly from Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) and developed in Australia by Australians.
➤For demanding weather watches that are serious about weather forecasts, charts and maps information.
What features are exclusive to Australian Weather and Widgets (AUS Weather) App?
➤Exclusive Location finder which uses your current GPS location to get nearest weather information automatically.
➤Exclusive 3 hourly weather forecast for next 72 hours and 6 hourly forecast for next 7 days for all location in Australia.
➤Exclusive Interactive Maps that show weather and seas forecast patterns for Australia.
➤Exclusive weather charts showing today's temperature, maximum, minimum, humidity and rainfall.
➤Exclusive 24 hour forecast chart to show visually the forecast temperature, maximum, minimum, humidity and rainfall.
➤Exclusive 7 day forecast chart shows visually the forecast for the week ahead. Get forecast temperature, mean monthly maximum, mean monthly minimum, humidity and rainfall.
➤ Exclusive information on Forest Fire Index and Grass Fire Index.
➤Exclusive celestial (moon) information from sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset to major and minor periods information used by fishermen and hunters.
➤Exclusive marine information on tides, seas and wind.
➤ Only app to provide Australian district weather forecasts.
➤ Radars from 64km, 128km, 256km and 512km to predict when rainfall will reach you.
➤ Radar rainfall over certain areas for the last 6 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours and rainfall since 9am.
➤ Use the Doppler Effect radar to view direction and speed of wind.
➤ National satellite imagery with radar.
➤ Interactive maps on:
● Surface Pressure and Rainfall
● MSLP and Thickness
● Wind Speed and Direction
● Geopotential Height
● Relative Humidity
● Dew Point
● Combined Sea and Swell
● Primary Swell
● Wind Waves
● Swell Period
➤ Also includes an animated Synoptic Chart.
Australia Weather and Widgets App is designed with an intuitive interface and fully equipped with all the weather information you need in your pocket.
We provide the most accurate weather information from Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) sources so be assure the information is always correct and not sourced from overseas.
✶ This App contains weather information only about Australian states and its territories.
✶ The data is sourced from Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) and was not developed or published by BOM. Any questions, bugs or recommendations should be sent to us email@example.com or visit us at www.weatherinfo.com.au.
✶ Please use this app as advisory only and seek alternative sources for confirmation.
** Australian Edition!
- Marine Forecasts
- Live Buoy Data
- Tide Tables
- Sun rise/set times
Great for boating, fishing, sailing, and surfing!
Includes all Australian coastal regions inshore and offshore.
Information provided by:
- Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Please visit our website for more information:
1: Quick start: just name your trip and press go.
2: Trips are stored online with NO registration required
3: Share trips from the phone, allowing a friends to monitor your progress
Start it up and it will automatically find all your Logitech Squeeze output devices
Aims to replace the remote that comes with the Squeezebox Duet.
UPDATED - Now includes streaming radio!
EggRaider uses your phones GPS and compass to help you navigate your way around Melbourne to locate the Easter eggs. Once you’re close to the hidden egg, you can put the app into Augmented Reality mode and hold up your phone to find the ‘marker’ (which will be a sign or landmark around Melbourne) and a 3D model of an egg will be generated on your phone. You get points for every Easter egg you collect and can continue to race your friends around Melbourne city to be sure you’re the top of EggRaider’s leaderboard.